Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build for video editing >€600

• 17-07-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I am a freelance video producer and plan to use Adobe premiere cs6
    on my new machine.
    I have been using a built machine I bought built (for €550) 2 years ago and i have to say it does the job perfectly well. I now need 2 machines.
    Inside the one i have is an Intel i5 750 chip. Smart P55-UD3R motherboard. ATI radeon HD 4770 graphics. I have i think 6 mb ram.
    All in alll the machine does what i need it to do fine (edit .mov files that have been converted to cineform codec).

I believe the CS6 package allows native editing of the yucky .264 files of the 5dmark2 which is what I use. But this new mercury playback works best with Cuda enabled cards. I belive there is a list of cards somewhere that I intend to get my hands on.

Big question is, can I make a machine to do me for less than 600?

1. What is your budget? [€600]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Video editing

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes, but not sure what kind i should get yet]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [22'+]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [yes but not worried about any of that)
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes if it helps]

8. How can you pay? Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? [ASAP]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Limerick)

Im sorry Im not being lazy but just dont know where to start in relation to motherboards etc. so would be much appreciated if someone could whip me up a starting point.

Thanks,Grif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭grifter09

From the ADOBE site

Supported AMD graphics cards for GPU acceleration
    • AMD Radeon HD 6750M (only on certain MacBook Pro computers running OS X Lion (10.7.x) with a minimum of 1GB VRAM)
    • AMD Radeon HD 6770M (only on certain MacBook Pro computers running OS X Lion (10.7.x) with a minimum of 1GB VRAM)

Supported NVIDIA graphics cards for GPU acceleration
    GeForce GTX 285 (Windows and Mac OS)
    GeForce GTX 470 (Windows)
    GeForce GTX 570 (Windows)
    GeForce GTX 580 (Windows)
    NVIDIA® Tesla C2075 card (Windows) when paired with a Quadro card as part of an NVIDIA Maximus™ configuration
    Quadro FX 3700M (Windows)
    Quadro FX 3800 (Windows)
    Quadro FX 3800M (Windows)
    Quadro FX 4800 (Windows and Mac OS)
    Quadro FX 5800 (Windows)
    Quadro 2000 (Windows)
    Quadro 2000D (Windows)
    Quadro 2000M (Windows)
    Quadro 3000M (Windows)
    Quadro 4000 (Windows and Mac OS)
    Quadro 4000M (Windows)
    Quadro 5000 (Windows)
    Quadro 5000M (Windows)
    Quadro 5010M (Windows)
    Quadro 6000 (Windows)
    Quadro CX (Windows)
    Tesla C2075** (Windows)

On a quick price check of these listed cards theryre all ranging from expensive upwards.

I think ill stick with cineform codec for the 100euros and use a basic card like the one i have in the other machine. (ATI radeon 4770)
    What would be the equivalent card be to that today?

Advertisement