Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Applied Maths * predictions / discussion / aftermath (1 thread only please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

yannfann wrote: »
    The next hour and a half will see me cram more than I have in the entire year. Cmooooon b2!!!!!! Anyone else not need It for points and tempted to not show up? Or am I the only idiot here? :P

Cramming in projectiles before bed (bed will be around 1.30) and then getting up at 6 to do Pullys and Wedges (I have NEVER done a wedge questions.. :/ )...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yannfann

Cramming in projectiles before bed (bed will be around 1.30) and then getting up at 6 to do Pullys and Wedges (I have NEVER done a wedge questions.. :/ )...

Hardest part with them I'd the first 10 things you write down at the start! Just triple check the accelerations and reactions and you'll fly through the rest! :)

Hardest part with them I'd the first 10 things you write down at the start! Just triple check the accelerations and reactions and you'll fly through the rest! :)

Huh..?! :O

I'm guessing you just mean forces?

Huh..?! :O

I'm guessing you just mean forces?

Yeah but I tend to make a mess of the reaction forces in particular! But yeah I'm pretty much talking about the forces.

Yeah but I tend to make a mess of the reaction forces in particular! But yeah I'm pretty much talking about the forces.

K, cool.. They're ok though, T, F, R and W?

• Advertisement

K, cool.. They're ok though, T, F, R and W?
    Yeah I really can make a hames out of any small thing if I don't triple check it :P
    You'll be grand anyway!

Yeah I really can make a hames out of any small thing if I don't triple check it :P
    You'll be grand anyway!

I'm just hoping that it's a nice paper with no wedges! :L I have a good grasp on Part As, I know the concepts for Part Bs but generally manage to f up!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

ACK THE 2010 PAPER WAS SO EASY! what if we get one as difficult as the 2001 paper??

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Looking forward to seeing this paper myself.
    Solutions will be up for this as well :)

How do i do terminal velocity if it comes up in Q10? Do I just fill in 0 for v?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 KoolAidRelic

@terminal velocity, a = 0.

Or you could bring t to infinity and evaluate v (usually get something like 1/(e^t) which is 0 when you bring t to infinity).

It depends on the question, really. The first method is usually easier - unless you've just found v in terms of t.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

aranciata wrote: »
    How do i do terminal velocity if it comes up in Q10? Do I just fill in 0 for v?

The velocity doesn't go to 0, the acceleration does, and this happens as t goes to infinity.
    You'll more than likely have something like v = K(1-e^(-at))

So when you put in infinity the part with e goes to 0 :)

Looking forward to seeing this paper myself.
    Solutions will be up for this as well :)

Do you want to make me cry...! :P

Thanks though I probably won't look at them!

Do you want to make me cry...! :P

Thanks though I probably won't look at them!

I don't blame you! As soon as I seal up my exam, I'm getting rid of the paper, not checking up any solutions and no post-mortem.... it's DONE!

Good luck everyone, lord know's we'll need it..

aranciata wrote: »
    I don't blame you! As soon as I seal up my exam, I'm getting rid of the paper, not checking up any solutions and no post-mortem.... it's DONE!

Good luck everyone, lord know's we'll need it..

No, for every thing else (well not the languages) I added up my marks to get a rough estimate on what I got. It's not overly realistic obviously but it does give me a bit of a boost...

THIS however is going to seriously f*** up my chances of College in Scotland (unless I manage to get a B in English, which is unlikely, and even then I'd need a C1 in this!)

I will probably come out crying.. :( And my mammy will be working.! :( Lol...! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deiseguuy93

brutal. absoloutly brutal.

i don't care how i did or if i failed my main objective now is getting as drunk as possible over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 zuluin

i messed up the relativity question i got 3 values of theita. also messed up the statistics question. i think calculus,projectiles,collisions and newtons laws were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jamesr1775

I thought it was alright . I did Q1-5 and Q10
    Q4 b took me ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Was very happy with it :) Answered everything and looked everything over with 5 minutes to spare at the end. Did questions 4,5,6,7,8 and 10.

Well that was fairly shít! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ekster

Well that was fairly shít! :(

Ditto :(

Ah well, it's over now, cheer up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Stretch101

Thought it was hard!!!
    It should definately be 3 hours!
    Some of those questions are impossible to complete in 25 minutes!
    Good subject but horrible exam!!!

Stretch101 wrote: »
    Thought it was hard!!!
    It should definately be 3 hours!
    Some of those questions are impossible to complete in 25 minutes!
    Good subject but horrible exam!!!

Yeah.. I had to end questions without finishing just I so I'd get 6 Qs done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Brian123M

Wasnt a very hard exam , made stupid mistakes probley got a C , had to spend an extra 10 minutes in the exam to finish it , i wouldnt give up my scirpt hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Could anyone photocopy the questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Stretch101

Maths and App. maths are two of my best subjects and wouldnt you know that they are two of my worst exams this year! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
    The good thing is that I probably wont even remember what applied maths is after this weekend!!!

Does any1 have the answers to the questions they think they got right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 zuluin

got 19.25 as average speed for q-10. tensions in q 4 were like 219g/98 and 120g/49. e in q3 was root 33 over root 34. i might be wrong for these

i got the same for question 3 , but i ****ed up question 10 completely, wish i did question 4 instead of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stann007

It was a hard test compared to last year ..... i was under pressure to get d A but i messed it up :'( ... now im looking at a B1 max :(

Advertisement