Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble validating (student) leap card on DB

• 25-07-2014 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm having trouble validating my (Student) Leap Card on Dublin Bus. I use the RHS validator and it gives me a "bad read" and 3 beeps. Honestly, I usually just board but if the driver seems alert (unusually) or calls me back, which has happened, it will usually validate on the 3rd try or so. This became a problem this week for me when the driver checked my card on his terminal and it said, well he said expired. I know there were 22 days on it at that time. It later validated on the RHS on the 6th or 7th try. I called into O'Connell St and (surprise, surprise) they were no help. It appears they are acting as agents for Leap (it's a separate company you know) in selling passengers tickets for their own DB busses. I don't expect you to believe this because I hardly believe it myself.

Am I the only one, I seem to be the one of the worst.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Contact Leapcard directly.

customer.care@leapcard.ie

1850 824 824

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi op you may be doing what a lot are doing.

Do you place the card up to the white sticker with the picture of the green Leap card at the rhs?
    Do you swipe the card?
    Do you have other cards that could confuse the machine?
    The driver ticket machine may show up one of your ramblers as expired but the driver has the option to press n at the bottom right of the screen which means next page, then by going through this it should show up if there is a rambler loaded and in date(not expired).

It may be that you have over drawn on the purse fund at some stage and believe me some drivers dont know how to select the different options as them machine are terrible and awkward to use, never mind been slower then a riddled laptop.

If the driver is unsure ask him to select use product when card is placed on his/her machine and go through to find rambler.

Usually 3 beeps for a student or child card means the transaction has worked and 4 beeps is a fail.

Try putting card right up to smart card reader without any movement and that should solve your problem hope this helps.

Advertisement