Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't believe this

• 31-03-2012 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

Fox Hunt breaks down in the 2 mile race at the Dubai Festival. RTE have an article on the website, with a massive photo at the top of the page. The photo they use clearly shows Fox Hunt's front right leg about to snap. Actually can't believe they'd use that, who wants to see that. This is the link

http://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/2012/0331/315696-early-drama-at-the-dubai-world-cup/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭kksaints

Pretty rotten pic. The fact they wouldnt show replays of it shows how nasty it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,759 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Saw it live, badly jarred it in the ground, don't know whether it was a hole or if some bad ground gave way, Horrible to see, and a terrible end for the poor horse.

Glad they abandoned the race rather than trying navigate around the stricken horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

That is a shocking picture, RTE is run by imbeciles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i love a bet as much as the next man but sometimes stuff like this makes me re-think the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

i love a bet as much as the next man but sometimes stuff like this makes me re-think the whole thing

There are more horse fatalities outside the industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

A horse has died on the race track :eek: It's nothing new and it bothers you about a picture? I love watching horse racing as much as anybody but get off your high horse complaining about a picture of a horse.I wonder do you feel as bad about all the bad horses going to the factory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

A horse has died on the race track :eek: It's nothing new and it bothers you about a picture? I love watching horse racing as much as anybody but get off your high horse complaining about a picture of a horse.I wonder do you feel as bad about all the bad horses going to the factory?

What are you on about. The issue I have is them using a huge picture showing a horse as it's leg is snapping on their site.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    What are you on about. The issue I have is them using a huge picture showing a horse as it's leg is snapping on their site.

I can't believe you have a problem with rte showing a picture of a horse snapping its leg.I will just ask have you never seen pictures of football players on the papers after having their leg broke?It was a fcuking horse get over it.

And footballers are put down after a broken leg. It was distasteful and insensitive. I thought even the most unintelligent of people may understand this, though evidently not.

I would suggest you don't watch the grand national.Horses break their legs and are put down all the time it's a fact of life get over it.I bet you are one of the people who give out about the people protesting about animal rights about horse racing :rolleyes: Then you cry about rte showing a picture of a horse breaking it's leg.

• Advertisement

Your ignorance is astounding and it's quite frustrating that you keep missing the point.

Given that I have a small interest in racing I of course know that horses break their legs all of the time. It's an unfortunate and too often occurrence.

And I am one of the people who give out about the animal rights groups,but this is a different matter. Nobody wants to see a horse breaking it's leg even if it does happen, and for the national broadcaster to have it pasted all over the screen is distasteful, can you actually disagree with that?

Tears are streaming down my eyes as I write this :rolleyes:

I suggest you stop looking at the news and stop buying news papers so.I wouldn't put it past you that there's tears running down your face seen as how montjeu was the saddest day in your life.I suggest you get a life and stop crying over horses.It's no wonder you try every woman every night your out and can't get one if your life is that sad.

Aw man post of the day for the laugh I just had at that. I won't bother going into detail about a hyperbole, it seems you would struggle to understand the concept.

I don't even know why I'm debating with someone who apparently has an I.Q of a wooden chair.

I'm sorry i haven't got your intelligence please excuse me while i go cry thinking about the picture of the poor horse.I'm going to lodge a complaint to rte now because my life is so sad i have nothing better to do only cry about a horse :rolleyes:

No need to apologise. I'm such a saddo because I'm sitting here crying over horse, but you're such an internet warrior, that makes you a serious cooler. Can I be your friend?!?!

No i'm sorry i have enough friends without listening to someone crying over a picture of a horse so i guess that makes me an internet warrior :rolleyes:

Raging man. We could have debated our views in an educated and well thought out manner, just like this one.

I'm sorry i just can't imaging how you could handle an intelligent conversation when you can't handle a picture of a horse breaking it's leg.

''Can't handle it''.
    At what stage did I say I couldn't look at it? I said it was distasteful, which I asked did you disagree with though you never responded, only going on some childish rant. Your repeatedly immature reference to me crying at the picture just highlights it''s impossible to engage in a reasoned debate with you. ( I can't remember the last time I've cried and it certainly wasn't over a horse).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Fairly harrowing photo, but my only concern is the hippies who latch onto similar photos and use it in their vendetta against the game.

See it day in day out these in the media, whether it be this or dead bodies in syria etc etc .. very little sensitivity anymore.

Terribly sad to see a classy stayer go like this, it's kinda scary too when a horse you've backed dies, very strange feeling.

• Advertisement

What's distasteful about it?Have you never seen pictures of horses left to die on the side if the road?They showed a picture of a horse breaking it's leg in a race get over it.The papers had pictures of fabrice muamba on the pitch now that's worse than showing a horse breaking it's leg so get off your high horse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

tCp90.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Why have you even entertained him this long urban.

mdwexford wrote: »
    mod edit: <snip>

You are a retard if you think it's normal behaviour to cry about a picture of a horse but maybe you live a sad life like urban.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Can we please not feed the troll. In future, just report posts that are trolling and leave the mods/CMods/Admins to deal with them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

the course obviously need plenty of watering,another horse shattered its front leg in same race two others injured same race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

What's distasteful about it?Have you never seen pictures of horses left to die on the side if the road?They showed a picture of a horse breaking it's leg in a race get over it.The papers had pictures of fabrice muamba on the pitch now that's worse than showing a horse breaking it's leg so get off your high horse.

The point is it should not be on the national broadcasters site.

<snip>

<snip>

LOL at you what a retard you are.What a child you are you don't agree with something so you have to post a link to try feel like a man :confused: The post you made have nothing to do with horse racing so why post it in the horse racing forum?I won't bother looking through your previous posts to put up a link because i'm not a child unlike you i'm guessing.

LOL at you what a retard you are.What a child you are you don't agree with something so you have to post a link to try feel like a man :confused:The post you made have nothing to do with horse racing so why post it in the horse racing forum?I won't bother looking through your previous posts to put up a link because i'm not a child unlike you i'm guessing.

Lol didn't you do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiissTL

Tee hee hee hee...

I don't think this guy is trolling at all!

He's saying straight out that it's a picture of a horse breaking its leg. Which it is.

Urban complains about the animal rights protestors! :o
    Animals are slaughtered everyday for consumption but imagine the uproar if a picture of it was splashed on RTE?

:eek:

People are so so funny. Hypocritical lunatics.

P.s. I'm not getting off my high horse on this..

And let the highly entertaining debate continue....
    :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement