Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Are you asking him out on a date?

:D

Not unless he wants to come to Zumba with me :P

Krudler, do ya wanna shake your hips with a load of wimmins? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiera wrote: »
    Movies at Swords is what you are looking for. Do not go to the UCI in Coolock as the seats are pants.

seems easy enough to get to from here, gonna take a wander up there later n get food

Not unless he wants to come to Zumba with me :P

Krudler, do ya wanna shake your hips with a load of wimmins? :D

I am prone to shaking my hips, usually theres cocktails involved though

krudler wrote: »
    seems easy enough to get to from here, gonna take a wander up there later n get food

Nando's or GBK are in the same shopping centre. They close at 9pm.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Is it too early for alcohol?

crappy day? then no I have a half bottle of captain morgans in my room thats getting demolished later, **** it I'm on me holidays

• Advertisement

balls balls balls BALLS, forgot a pile of bills came out today, thats knackered any spending for me in spain aside from the essentials (mojitos :pac: ) I am so sick of being broke :mad:

balls balls balls BALLS, forgot a pile of bills came out today, thats knackered any spending for me in spain aside from the essentials (mojitos :pac: ) I am so sick of being broke :mad:

Ah but you're going over to your parents so it their job to pay for everything :)

What time are you flying tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

crappy day? then no I have a half bottle of captain morgans in my room thats getting demolished later, **** it I'm on me holidays

Yeah I think a bottle of beer or glass of wine could be in the near future for me.

Oh dear, at least no matter how poor you are you'll be warm and relaxed!

Yeah I think a bottle of wine could be in the near future for me.

fyp :pac:

yeah least I wont be spending too much money when i'm there, was gonna take my parents out for dinner but thats gone out the window now, its more just to get away for a few days than anything else, be nice if I could afford to do stuff though :rolleyes: note to self, go around payday next time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

jujibee wrote: »
    This is my theme song for this week...

Intro reminds me of this:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

There should be someone to follow me around and administer a test before I say anything to ensure that I'm actually capable of talking.

Told my gf earlier that she didn't look particularly feline (there was context, I'm not that kind of crazy person) but instead I told her that she didn't look particularly feminine. :o:o:o

/facepalm

krudler I'd love to have somewhere like that to go, just book your flights and have spending money and that's it.

krudler I'd love to have somewhere like that to go, just book your flights and have spending money and that's it.

its handy alright, its actually costing more to get to and from dublin than the flight is, only cost 80 quid for the flight, return, and its 90 for the hotel and car park for the week, plus diesel. ryanair, y u no fly from shannon no more?! they used to fly from kerry which was handy as its an hour away from me so was easy (and cheap) to get to. usually I'd get the train or bus up but it was awkward with the flight times.

its handy alright, its actually costing more to get to and from dublin than the flight is, only cost 80 quid for the flight, return, and its 90 for the hotel and car park for the week, plus diesel. ryanair, y u no fly from shannon no more?! they used to fly from kerry which was handy as its an hour away from me so was easy (and cheap) to get to. usually I'd get the train or bus up but it was awkward with the flight times.

Yeah we often flew from Kerry to London or Lanzarote, so handy. Well I'm very jealous of your holiday, am freezing to death with no heat in the house, bottle some warm air for me will ya?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Enjoy the hols Krudler, bring us back some sunshine! :D

Yeah we often flew from Kerry to London or Lanzarote, so handy. Well I'm very jealous of your holiday, am freezing to death with no heat in the house, bottle some warm air for me will ya?!

I had to laugh at my parents, rang em the other day and according to my mam "its a bit chilly today...20 degrees" ehhhh, thats a decent Irish summer day mam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

:mad::mad:

Some people are just too stupid to be allowed on the internet. I think it's time to clean up my twiter list.... :mad:

I had to laugh at my parents, rang em the other day and according to my mam "its a bit chilly today...20 degrees" ehhhh, thats a decent Irish summer day mam.

The reverse of that is one day when I was in Canada, it was -17 (-23 with windchill) and I was walking down the street freezing dodging 4ft snow drifts. I was on the phone to my Dad and he asked what the weather was like, I told him and he said "God it's same here, it's SO cold, there's snow everywhere!" I was like "Dad, it's -2 there and by snow everywhere you mean it's falling and melting when it hits the ground" :rolleyes: He was all "No but it's SO cold here, you have no idea!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Muffin, you ok hun? xx
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Hope you're okay Muffin. Maybe a walk might help clear your headache, and it'll get you out of the house for a while :)
    Thanks girls, I'm okay now.

I'm just feeling down, it's all part of depression, every so often I get 'down days' and it can be hard to pull yourself up.

On top of that, I miss my dad and siblings too, I only saw them last week (they live in the U.K) so I don't see them as often as I'd like, I'm hoping to go back over in May for my dad's birthday, fingers crossed I can get enough money together for it :)

It's been a pretty tough month and I guess it's really just hitting me now.

Going to my boyfriends later for dinner though, can't wait for that, love spending time with him, just cuddling etc.

I spent nearly a week with him seeing him every day etc, whereas normally we'd see each other 1-3 times a weeks, I didn't see him yesterday and really, really missed him lol. We're together eight months this month, the time has flown, still can't believe we're eight months together. I'm very lucky to have him, don't know how he puts up with me.
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    Don't forget to wrap your hair up in a towel so it doesn't get wet...
    Hehe, this reminds me of my boyfriends eleven year old sister on the night of my twenty first, my boyfriends seventeen year old sister told the eleven year old to wear a dress, even though the eleven year didn't want to wear a dress, and then when she saw me and my boyfriends brothers girlfriend wearing jeans and tops, she got a bit upset, so my boyfriend turned around and said "at least I'm not wearing a dress" lol.
    after slaving away at this essay im finally done!!

2900 words boom!! and got a test back got 80% woop!!

its a good day! and im going for coffee in a little bit aswell!!
    Congrats on your results.
    Is it too early for alcohol?
    Nando's or GBK are in the same shopping centre. They close at 9pm.
    I recommend Nando's.

Every time I'm in the U.K I make sure to visit Nando's, medium chicken in a wrap with a side of chips, yum.
    Enjoy the hols Krudler, bring us back some sunshine! :D
    +1 to this.

Was a nice, bright, sunny day today though, even if it was a bit cold.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My bus has wi-fi. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Posy wrote: »
    My bus has wi-fi. :o

a few of the buses down here have wifi too but lately you have log in :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

a few of the buses down here have wifi too but lately you have log in :rolleyes:
    Feck that! With this one, you just connect to wi-fi and select 'Dublin Bus Wi-Fi.' Weird to see Ireland having some sort of technology. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

On the couch, under my favourite blanket, with the doggy and miss kitteh, watching the big bang theory.

*happy sigh*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Nothing as nice as a glass of wine, yummy dinner and a good book while sitting by myself in a lovely restaurant. I am very thankful for the blessed life I have that allows me have the occasional treat like this evening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Singing teacher was much happier with me this week, registering me for grade 6 in may. I'll have been singing nearly a year by then :eek:
    got 90% in reading comp and 80 in listening comp in the mock type exam in german last night, it's all happening :cool:

off to meet friend and eat dominos! Glad im not feeling sick anymore :D om nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Woo:

-my passport arrived! :D
    -I'm home before 8pm for the first time in about a decade :D
    -the woo side of mixed messages :D

Boo:

-still feel kinda sad and overly nostalgic.
    -I have far too many things to do in too short a time period.
    -the boo side of mixed messages :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I didn't get Madrid :( They said there's enough stores in Spain to staff the bolster. Don't understand why they even advertised it then. Stupidly got my hopes up cause everyone in work kept saying I'd definitely get it. Really disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

note to self, go around payday next time

Modified note to krudler: Cancel all the direct debits and then you decide when to pay the bills...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey everyone!

can you all do me a favour and spread this around: http://whencylonsdream.tumblr.com/post/18861009008/im-noticing-an-ongoing-trend-of-complete-lack-of

reblog it, post it on facebook, twitter, or whatever you can do to make this seen, it really touches on a lot of the frustration that transgender women face, so please do this. thank you

• Advertisement

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Modified note to krudler: Cancel all the direct debits and then you decide when to pay the bills...

I prefer the direct debits, hate paying stuff manually, just forgot there was two due cos they're not monthly, and I take a lot of collections calls at work so I see the other side of people paying when they feel like, its a bad habit to get into.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement