Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Beast mode two more years!!!

Why is next season so far away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It feels even further after the way the last one ended. But moving on, moving on, desperately moving on...

i remember beating the Packers and not much after that. Yes that must have been the end of last season

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477780/article/saints-seahawks-finalizing-jimmy-graham-trade?campaign=Twitter_atn

Don't know how I feel about this, considering Julius Thomas was free, either way, huge step up from poor Miller

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Massive weapon in the red zone, but Unger is a pro-bowl centre, is Lemuel ready to step up?

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    They'll trade down. I've almost come to automatically forget a first round pick at this stage.

And that's our first round pick gone!

Gained another fourth round pick which is where in recent times the Seahawks have picked up some gems

Assuming he stays fit, I would be extremely happy with Graham.

Wasn't Unger injured during our bad spell last season? That wouldn't auger well.

Assuming he stays fit, I would be extremely happy with Graham.

Wasn't Unger injured during our bad spell last season? That wouldn't auger well.

If we get the Graham of 2011/12 then yes it's a excellent addition.

Unger was a fantastic blocker, but it's hard to forget how bad he is with snapping the ball. He's had some desperate snaps in his time and it seems as if they've had enough of it.

A good centre isn't that hard to find, a good TE is extremely hard to find.

Either way, this season expectation will be enormous.

Anything less than 16-0 regular season and SB50 win and I will be bitterly disappointed

On a serious note, Pete and John obviously havent seen anything better in the draft re. TE and so have gone for it.
    Look at the O-Line at draft day, a WR?

Carp to the Jets
    Smith to the Raiders

$14.5m cap room left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Carp to the Jets

how'd he do in Seattle? haven't seen enough of him to make any judgements

Whats the news on Wilson new contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

they will prob wait for a couple of weeks before finalizing that deal - cut a couple more fringe players - free up a bit of cap space etc. Wilson deal is pretty much gonna bring Seahawks up to the cap mark! He is gonna get paid!! Say around the 20 mill mark tbh

Dont think it will be that high, he doesnt strike me as a grab all player either.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Dont think it will be that high, he doesnt strike me as a grab all player either.

He doesnt strike me as a grab all player - but at the same time if you consider that he has lead the seahawks to back to back superbowl games - and with the amount that he creates for the offense - i can see them going big - because thats the market - Aaron Rodgers loves Packers - still signed 21 mill contract - Drew Brees is at saints - there in salary cap hell - and he is still on 20 mill! Franchise qbs get paid!

phatkev wrote: »
    how'd he do in Seattle? haven't seen enough of him to make any judgements

First two seasons were not great. He was overweight, half decent run blocker but a revolving door in pass protection. He trimmed down a bit and did well last season, started moving people on running plays and his pass blocking improved, though still his weak point. If he stays in shape he is still young enough to improve more. Penalties will drive you nuts though.

However, part of me wonders if last season was him playing for a contract, as it appears as though no move was made to try keep him at a time when we have lost a good deal of depth on the O-Line and the price (~5m) wasn't all that huge.

Another thing to consider is the zone blocking scheme that Seattle have been running - him being of the more cuddly variety of gent could benefit more from a traditional setup.

If he stays fit and motivated, he'll do well. Jets seem to have a good bit of cap at the moment so 5m probably not the hugest punt on record for a starting Guard.

Up to 11 draft picks now, time to get some 4th-7th round gems!

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Up to 11 draft picks now, time to get some 4th-7th round gems!

I'll take 2 Wilsons, a Wagner, 3 Shermans, 2 Irvins and 4 Thomas' please!

I'll take 2 Wilsons, a Wagner, 3 Shermans, 2 Irvins and 4 Thomas' please!

Luke Wilson is a great player ;)

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Luke Wilson is a great player ;)

Soft hands. Soft hands.

• Advertisement

(Round-Pick-Overall)
    2-31-63
    3-31-95
    4-13-112
    4-31-130
    4-35-134
    5-31-167
    5-34-170
    6-5-180
    6-34-209
    6-39-214
    7-31-248

Going to dominate round 4-6!

You'd have to imagine on the balance of probabilities that we'll unearth one or two gems in there.

Do have a good recent track record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Russell Wilson training with the Rangers today although it doesn't look like he's going to play in their game this afternoon

http://m.rangers.mlb.com/news/article/115212890/quarterback-russell-wilson-to-suit-up-for-texas-rangers-once-more

Regular season fixtures out tonight

And our regular season fixtures are.................

September 13 at St. Louis Rams
    September 20 at Green Bay Packers
    September 27 Chicago Bears
    October 5 Detroit Lions
    October 11 at Cincinnati Bengals
    October 18 Carolina Panthers
    October 22 at San Francisco 49ers
    November 1 at Dallas Cowboys
    Bye
    November 15 Arizona Cardinals
    November 22 San Francisco 49ers
    November 29 Pittsburgh Steelers
    December 6 at Minnesota Vikings
    December 13 at Baltimore Ravens
    December 20 Cleveland Browns
    December 27 St. Louis Rams
    January 3 at Arizona Cardinals

How are we feeling about the 2nd/3rd round pick.

No idea to be honest.

Two fourth round picks coming up in a few minutes

Our second round pick could be a bit of a handful unless he's turned a corner in his life. Third round; well, we obviously need better WRs and kick returners.

And now we've gone for offensive linemen in the fourth. It would be nice if Russell didn't HAVE to run around so much.

How good any of these guys are, I have no idea.

• Advertisement

Maybe they should also have to forfeit the Super Bowl too......

Advertisement