Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Alarm goes off at midnight, every night

• 23-10-2014 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

My house alarm is an Aritech CS250. Every midnight it goes off, with "Bus Tamp Full" on the panel. I'm assuming this means that the memory is full. The Manual tells me how to go through the Event Log - but not how to delete events. Also would I have to delete events individually? But I might be wrong - does anyone know what to do about this?

It's a real problem as we'd all often be in bed and asleep by midnight. So any help would be very appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hope you haven't been awake since:)

Sorry, no advice here, but have you googled the issue?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

er, yeah. I googled it and found no answers. Then I boardsed it :D

I'm just trying to save myself the call-out charge if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

Not sure but I think Bus refers to the keypad and tamper means it thinks the lid is coming off the keypad. If you open the lid of the keypad, the alarm will activate and then after putting in your code, see what it says. If it says the same message then that's your problem.
    Make sure the spring under the lid is fully depressed.
    If not, don't know it might be a software glitch.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What version of Software is on that panel?
    The CS250 Bus Tamper issue is well known. Its only relatively recently they admitted to it and released a fix. If this is the issue you need to replace a chip.

The manual says Version 1.7

Does that mean I have to get the company out? It only started a week or so ago, but it's EVERY midnight that it goes off.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Strange that it's every night the same time.
    I would check all the connections on the keypad bus.

i gave in and rang the company. They said that it must be a fault on the external bell, maybe it got tampered with (I don't think so) or rain got in. Nothing explains why it's always when the time shows 00.00 though, which is why I'm inclined to think that it's a system fault - and why it started a week or so ago, when the thing has been there for 7 years giving no trouble. Oh well, €100 call-out charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You need to replace the battery. The panel does a self test on the battery at that time every day by putting a load across the battery momentarily. If the battery is bad it causes a bus tamper.

Replace your battery with a 7 amp battery and it will sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,913 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Neighbours must love you!

I can't help that it started just before a BH weekend! I can't stand it either!

It was the battery. Now fixed. Many thanks
    JC

• Advertisement
Advertisement