Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Boiler only runs for few seconds

13»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

If boiler runs ok with door open, not when closed there is a blown/damaged seal either on the burner, baffle chamber door or flue

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Riello is the burner. What make and model is the boiler?

Btw as already has been said, don't replace a dirty failed pump without fixing the source of the problem first. Too expensive to have to do it twice.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭crzybkr73

Wearb wrote: »

Btw as already has been said, don't replace a dirty failed pump without fixing the source of the problem first. Too expensive to have to do it twice.
    the tank was cleaned out today, and the oil line. was no visibly obvious water but better safe than sorry. there was not too much oil in it anyway.the baffle chamber top cover insulation was very flaky and breaking apart when i rfemoved it so i guess that is the problem there then.
    thanks everyone for all your help.
    you have been extremely kind with all your replies

Wearb wrote: »

sorry i missed the last part. i will look tomorrow and let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Also change the flexible oil hose going to burner if it is over 2 years old

• Advertisement

agusta wrote: »
    Also change the flexible oil hose going to burner if it is over 2 years old
    yeah i got a new one of them too thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

Sorry for digging up old thread having a problem with my boiler . Keeps starting and cutting out . Have topped up the oil . Bled it also but wont start. Any help please

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭jimf

antocann wrote: »
    Sorry for digging up old thread having a problem with my boiler . Keeps starting and cutting out . Have topped up the oil . Bled it also but wont start. Any help please

Thanks

a bit vague im afraid is boiler actually going to lockout and you have to reset it at the control box

or is it actually constantly trying to ignite without going to ,lockout

what make burner is on it

jimf wrote: »
    a bit vague im afraid is boiler actually going to lockout and you have to reset it at the control box

or is it actually constantly trying to ignite without going to ,lockout

what make burner is on it
    Its says reilo 40 .

It was burning for a second then stopping on and off for about 20 minutes .
    I was advised to rotate the screw above the nut to bleed it a full rotation and back again. And it seems to be going ok at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭crock!

It sounds like it possible hasn't being serviced for a while if an adjustment got it going.what you've done is you have adjusted the pump pressure.you don't know what pressure is on it now without oil pressure gauge.as you've changed the pressure you've also changed the emissions.they could be dangerous now.get it serviced and tell the engineer what you've done.make sure to ask who ever it is .could they give you a printout of the emissions and if they can't then get someone different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭jimf

you most likely have increased the oil pressure and this has cured what I expect was an overaired boiler

take the advice that crock has rightly posted above

Thanks for the advice . I reckon it hasnt been serviced in a while. Only living here since august. I will got onto the landlord to get it serviced . The screw is still in the original postision as before i turned it

Advertisement