Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cannot reach wall mount safety/security bolts on back of LG 65"?

• 23-05-2016 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Please see the pictures, and the final part of the manual that deals with hanging the TV.

The wall mount is up, and we have the plate on the back of the TV, but when we let the two hooks of the plate catch the wall mount, we are supposed to be able to then reach under the TV, and tighten the two safety bolts with a screw driver, which would secure the TV plate to the bottom rail of the wall mount.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to get a screw driver to reach the security bolts. We can tilt the bottom of the TV outwards to allow more access, but when doing so the bolts are no longer under the lip of the lower wall mount rail, so tightening them would be useless.

The only thing I can think of is that this mount is just not compatible with our LG 65UF770V, the back of the TV has kind of step outwards, it protrudes from the back of the bottom part, which I think if it did not the safety bolts may be accessible. This same step outwards prevented me securing the plate to the TV exactly like the diagram, using the the exact same holes for the bolts, instead I had to use lower holes.

Is there some really obvious way to secure this I am missing?

H8msvfl.jpg

stEo97T.jpg?2

DbN3pF4.jpg?1

kwxoQMv.jpg?1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

dusf wrote: »
    Please see the pictures, and the final part of the manual that deals with hanging the TV.

The wall mount is up, and we have the plate on the back of the TV, but when we let the two hooks of the plate catch the wall mount, we are supposed to be able to then reach under the TV, and tighten the two safety bolts with a screw driver, which would secure the TV plate to the bottom rail of the wall mount.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to get a screw driver to reach the security bolts. We can tilt the bottom of the TV outwards to allow more access, but when doing so the bolts are no longer under the lip of the lower wall mount rail, so tightening them would be useless.

The only thing I can think of is that this mount is just not compatible with our LG 65UF770V, the back of the TV has kind of step outwards, it protrudes from the back of the bottom part, which I think if it did not the safety bolts may be accessible. This same step outwards prevented me securing the plate to the TV exactly like the diagram, using the the exact same holes for the bolts, instead I had to use lower holes.

Is there some really obvious way to secure this I am missing?

I think you just need an extra long screwdriver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I think you just need an extra long screwdriver

No, I tried that, even using one where it was so long we only needed to tilt the bottom of the TV out from the wall enough to allow the metal of the screwdriver up. Still, on tilting the TV out it was out enough that tightening the security bolts would not catch where they were supposed to. It turned out this mount is just not compatible with our TV.

Powercity then offered a discount on a full rotation mount, which would make the TV protrude 5" from the wall, and then an arm mount which only secured to one beam so probably not very safe for this size TV.

In the end we received a full refund, and went to Harvey Norman and bought a Sanus mount. Even opening the box it is clear this is a much better quality mount. The bottom part of it clicks the safety mechanisms into place, and there are two drawstrings on the back to release them easily when necessary.

Advertisement