Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Stev_o wrote: »
    Indo saying this is one of the biggest tourist events in years for the State. Expected revenue of the event is to exceed 23million. Are ESPN definitely showing it this year?

It's a 2pm kick off so on one hand it would fit nicely with the first game in the States at 5/6pm our time but it would clash with ESPN's College Gameday programme so I don't know

Maybe RTE could drag Myles Dunfan out and broadcast it (only joking - I would not want to see that)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Its opening weekend so looks like there'll be games all day from with this game kicking things off at 9am (US time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I'm pretty sure it will be on ESPN America, as they carry a lot of CBS feeds and the Navy's official sports website confirmed it would be on ESPN America (although I know sometimes our ESPNA content differs from mainland Europe's version).

In other news, Notre Dame will be wearing these for the game. It's a big enough deal, ND are like the anti-Oregon in that they rarely make any changes to their uniform. It was a huge deal even for them to wear throwback uni's against Michigan last year.

IrishCleat.jpg

And anyone expecting an upset, keep in mind that Notre Dame opened at -13.5 favourites ;)

And anyone expecting an upset, keep in mind that Notre Dame opened at -13.5 favourites ;)

No upset. I actually think it'll be over as a contest by half time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

For anyone interested there is a tailgate party in Temple Bar the morning of the game from 10am til 2pm

• Advertisement

Good video to get you in the mood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urvdPutOThY

For anyone interested there is a tailgate party in Temple Bar the morning of the game from 10am til 2pm

I posted details a few pages back.. The party doesn't stop at 2. It continues through as pubs in the area are showing the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Really?. Who is organising this?. Any link?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Really?. Who is organising this?. Any link?.

Here you go:

http://gameday.nd.edu/events/calendar/2012-navy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Good video to get you in the mood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urvdPutOThY

Even better video to get you in the mood ;)

http://youtu.be/FIfbghHdG1s

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »

Wow, thanks man. Happy 4th July!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

These Notre Dame lads are cheeky feckers, trying to roil up the home crowd for themselves when they got Navy to cede the home game.

Oh, and the boots are fugly - of all the things to put our national flag on the things they'll be standing on all day wasn't exactly the brightest option in the deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-football/post/_/id/7341/a-few-figures-for-dublin-opener

Anyone willing to do their bit for Irish tourism and the image of Irish abroad and give a bed, couch or floor to one of the travelling fans and if so how best to arrange it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Tickets are being sent out i got mine in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

CoachTO wrote: »
    Tickets are being sent out i got mine in the post

Did you buy them from ticketmaster in the pre sale last December or in the main sale in March?

polaris68 wrote: »
    Did you buy them from ticketmaster in the pre sale last December or in the main sale in March?

I got mine yesterday too. Bought em in March I think via ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

not sure if this was posted but ESPN have confirmed the match will be on ESPN America.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Sweet jaysus, there is a pair on upper endzone tickets on ebay for $600 and still going with just over a day to go.

Somebody must really want to see their midshipmen/irish

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday too. Bought em in March I think via ticketmaster.

I bought mine in the December pre-sale but they still haven't been sent out. I don't mind too much as long as I get them before 1st September.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Sweet jaysus, there is a pair on upper endzone tickets on ebay for $600 and still going with just over a day to go.

Somebody must really want to see their midshipmen/irish

:eek:
    Those prices are going to keep going up and up. Its amazing the amount who are travelling for the game.

I really hate touting...I've never sold a ticket over face value to anyone...but it does make me wonder what they'd be willing to pay for my 2 premium level section 318 behind the endzone :eek:
    My dad is raging at the mo he got invited to a wedding the day before (friday) and it's someone he can't refuse. He's gonna be rushing back to dublin for the match so he'll miss the craic in temple bar too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Anyone else get their tickets today? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Anyone else get their tickets today? :D

Got mine last Thursday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

No :-( ye're all bastards with your tickets :-p. Hopefully will get them soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ticketmaster account says they haven't been dispatched yet. Is that reliable or are they likely to be waiting for me when I'm back in Ireland next week?

Ticketmaster account says they haven't been dispatched yet. Is that reliable or are they likely to be waiting for me when I'm back in Ireland next week?

It's reasonably reliable. It'll show that they're dispatched at least a few days before you receive them.

Just checked today and my tickets are finally showing as dispatched, only took about 7 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ndtorontocfb

Ticketmaster stated today that my tickets were being processed. This is a change from yesterday when it said that the tickets had not been dispatched yet.

Hopefully it changes yet again tomorrow.

Whats the rush? As long as you have them in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Dodge wrote: »
    Whats the rush? As long as you have them in September.

I would have thought the same until recently when ticketmaster didnt send me gig tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Mine arrived today, so i'm sure everyone else's will be along shortly.....

Looking forward to it now!

Advertisement