Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shed Thread

• 30-08-2015 6:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,002 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, lets give this a go (suggested by Jellybaby)

This is a men's thread, mostly. Yiz can natter about mens stuff and the wimminz (or anyone else) cannot make smart remarks about it. Anyone can post, same as general Boards rules, but nothing sexist or getting in digs.

So whether you want to take a classic car to bits, bake a cake, listen to music or tie fishing flies this is the place to come. Over to you, guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sheds are class. I like that amazing sheds tv show. I hope to own a shed someday. I'd happily live in a nice shed.

Thank you for listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

looksee wrote: »
    Ok, lets give this a go (suggested by Jellybaby)

I seconded the idea, but the proposer was Steve. So Steve should get all the gratitude and of course, the blame! :D Good luck guys!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

An now, I'm not sure I approve of the wimmen folk being able to peer in here!!

Sheds are a very personal space for us men folk, we can happily tinker with lawnmowers till they break and make perfectly good pieces of wood into pretty useless smaller pieces of wood, the wimminz are only allowed in the odd time to deliver cups of tea ..... at least that's what we want you to think..... :D

man-cave-shed-building.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Steve wrote: »
    An now, I'm not sure I approve of the wimmen folk being able to peer in here!!

Sheds are a very personal space for us men folk, we can happily tinker with lawnmowers till they break and make perfectly good pieces of wood into pretty useless smaller pieces of wood, the wimminz are only allowed in the odd time to deliver cups of tea ..... at least that's what we want you to think..... :D

man-cave-shed-building.jpg

Awesome!!!

Only drawback is the flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

saw this 0n a shed link. Looks better than my house :)

16grass-roof-house-norway-638x300.jpg

• Advertisement

That's for Hobbits!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    That's for Hobbits!

yay :)

article-2039719-0E00970B00000578-472_634x417.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Rubecula wrote: »
    saw this 0n a shed link. Looks better than my house :)

You'd kill yourself trying to mow the roof!! :D

I would have it Hippy style :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,002 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think your pic has inspired a garden feature Rube! Will get back to you eventually (could take a while!):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

My next address will have a smaller house and a bigger shed that's for sure. I routinely stop at a place near me, which is basically a huge shed with a flat attached, hoping to see a for sale sign go up.

I saw this and realised where OG hides out when Matron can't find him. I will be joining him shortly :D

sheds2.png

PS Sorry about the flags folks

One that even the ladies may like:

5243-A0E60038-E14A-AAA1-6EF686D25A052AEF-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Stigura

Gentlemen: Perfection! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Stigura wrote: »
    Gentlemen: Perfection! :D

I got that as a gift last year. Sorry, but it's not funny at all. Not even slightly amusing. Maybe others will get it. I, as a devotee of the shed, just couldn't see the point of it.

Do you know, I agree Srameen. I haven't seen that one but I saw another spoof ladybird book, can't remember what the theme was, but it was definitely 'adult'. I read ladybird as a child, and read any amount of them to my children - Tootles the Taxi was the all time favourite - and while it sounds a bit prissy, I would rather remember ladybird as the innocent, and very well produced, children's series.

Some adult content Ladybird books are not actually spoof books it seems. But I will not post links in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Rubecula wrote: »
    Some adult content Ladybird books are not actually spoof books it seems. But I will not post links in here.

I'm actually shocked at that, there are somethings you take for granted as being 'innocent' the brand Ladybird being one.

I'm actually shocked at that, there are somethings you take for granted as being 'innocent' the brand Ladybird being one.

Totally agree

(Sneaks in) Hmmm, I've seen that shed before! Are you Steve in disguise? (Sneaks out)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96807498

• Advertisement

Not sure if anyone has seen this but I want one LOL

decorative-garden-shed-modern-design-garden-shed-ideas-warehouse.jpg

That is a seriously cute shed - though its a dodgy bit of photoshopping!

It is also lacking in bar and toilet facilities :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

open country maybe?

I see a bar, there's a quare schmoking area too, enough flower pots aptly highlighted by colour,

where are your eyes man? all your needs have been met.......:pac:

I see a bar, there's a quare schmoking area too, enough flower pots aptly highlighted by colour,

where are your eyes man? all your needs have been met.......:pac:

A bar needs beer taps... you of all people know that :D

A bar needs beer taps... you of all people know that :D

:D Oops...

The goggles must be misty, I could have sworn that monitor was a tap with a big picture of the black stuff.....:p

there is a tree to one side for the lads, unsure what the lasses would do though

I thought the general idea was that the lasses would not be allowed inside it. Mind you its not very subtle with all those windows. You couldn't cod anyone you were mending the hoover when in fact you had your feet up and a newspaper.

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    I thought the general idea was that the lasses would not be allowed inside it. Mind you its not very subtle with all those windows. You couldn't cod anyone you were mending the hoover when in fact you had your feet up and a newspaper.

Do not forget the beer and the tv remote lol

Advertisement