Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Seventeen ?

• 06-07-2015 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Just reading an issue from 1995 that I came across in my attic, did anyone else read it? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

Absolutely! Loved that magazine always bought with Smash Hits. The issue you have doesn't happen to have John Taylor on the cover, has it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I always loved that magazine. I'd all the posters on the walls in my room:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was only thinking about this yesterday!

Just Seventeen and Sugar were always a bit too pricey for me back then but my best friend bought them religiously and used to hand me hers when she was finished.
    I used to love coming home with a big stack of them to read and my guilty pleasure were the medical Q&A pages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

'Krissy, why did she have to die? ' is on the last one I saw, she was a model I think, on an older one I remember 'Curiosity killed the cat' and River Phoenix :).... regarding medical pages, actually attracted the attention of security in Easons once as I attempted to nervously scan some 'medical' books.... having a bag in my had, think they thought I was intent on shop-lifting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Wasn't there also a just 19 too. I think girl in my class would have started reading just 17 from about 13 onward. There was whispers one day in school about one of the letters on the letters page from one of the teen magazines. Can't remembers the details, either some girls got together and made up and letter to submit or someone in the school submitted a letter and some girls worked out who had written it. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭PippaChic

I loved this magazine. My aunt bought me the JS 1987 annual and I still have it. The heartthrobs at the time were Mark Greenstreet, Nick Berry and Nick Kamen. The bands were Curiosity Killed the Cat and James, Brookside was the programme. There was also a knitting pattern for a sweater ans skirt just in case you were stuck for something to wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Everything I knew about sex and makeup was thanks to J17.

Advertisement