Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Giants trade up to select Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland in Round 1

The Giants gave up picks No. 160 in Round 5 and No. 240 in Round 7 to move up one spot in a trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Hope he's worth it as we face some very good WRs in the division

Still amazing how our going after a CB was leaked to the press again

With their second-round selection in the 2023 NFL Draft, No. 57 overall, the New York Giants on Friday night selected Minnesota center John Michael Schmitz.

With their third-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, 73rd overall, the New York Giants selected Tennessee wide receiver Jalin Hyatt

The Giants sent picks Nos. 89 and 128 to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for pick No. 73.

New York does not pick again until the 172nd overall pick in Round 5. 

Nice to get 2 decent players

Not mad about giving up a 4th rounder though as we have so many holes in our squad

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Does anyone know of some giant-centric commentary I can follow while watching the pre-season games? Can be podcast, youtube, anything.

I dont see an audio selection menu in DAZN

Edit:Now listening live on WFAN2 via VPN

Post edited by human 19 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Well…….that was something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Ouch

Disaster

Getting blown out first game and looking like crap

Find it hard to find anybody who played well

What were they working on all off-season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭boccy23

The Giants have been my team since 1985 and I have listened / watched / read about every game since then. I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever been more deflated (even by the QB sneak game) as the feeling were was that we were making progress, the vibes were positive, we talked up speed, leaders etc. etc.

Well that was all bollix!

Coaching was a nightmare (why was DJ still playing, why was JMS allowed the dead ball snap, special team is STILL a disaster, where was the pass rush, the O-line still stinks), leaders were nowhere to be found and we got battered.

The Cowboys had a very good defensive game plan, aim at the weak point which was the interior of the O-line and batter us. Which they did and often.

The $40M a year to DJ does not look good based on last night, Sexy Dexy was nowhere to be found and Thomas had a mare (probably injured - again why was he still in there).

Could be a very long season - all I can hope is that this was a week 1 abberation. But I don't think so.

It's early days and let's see how we go next week in a game against the Cardinals (which we absolutely 100% should, and need to, win), but...

For better or worse we are tied into the Jones deal now, and this going to effect how we build the rest of the roster. I think we should have applied the tag (which I think would have been $33 million vs $40 million) and let him prove the first year under Daboll wasn't a fluke, or even a peak of what he can do. It did seem like a lot for a guy who only threw 15 touchdowns. Which such a deep quarterback class coming up in the draft next year (people are talking potentially 6 - 8 QBs with a Round 1 grade) we might regret it.

I mean we could still get out of the deal, but the cap hit would be huge I would imagine

This is shocking

• Advertisement

Ok I'm officially worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Who’s the giants backup QB ?

Ben McAdoo back as HC it seems

🤯.

Good comeback win

Phew, got away with that one

Predictable loss v SF

Typical we can't seem to get off field on 3rd and long

Jones not playing well v any good defence

Waller very disappointing so far

Can't understand how little we get Hyatt involved

Well that season blew up fast

Another embarrassing loss

We are brutal and it doesn't look like it will get better

We had 11 days to come up with that performance

Terrible look for Daboll

We are 4-9-1 since his fast start. I'm questioning him seriously at this stage.

That O-line is an embarrassment. DJ sacked more than anyone else in history in the first 4 games since they started tracking sacks. He is running scared now. They tried some deep developing plays, but he had zero time.

Looking more and more that last year was an aberration

• Advertisement

Starting to look at how much it will cost to get out of the €40M/year contract now.

Also need to start looking at selling any useable pieces.

What in hell was Evan Neal thinking?

"Why would a lion concern himself with the opinion of a sheep? ... I genuinely don’t care. Why should I? I’m in the National Football League. The person that’s commenting on my performance, what does he do? Flip hot dogs and hamburgers somewhere?”

You're a top 10 pick who is severely under performing and you have a go off the fans

Taylor better than Jones 🤔?

Better May not be the right word but the offense looks a hell of a lot better with Taylor. As it did against the bills

ha I know that sounds like I’m saying he is better!

Second half was a complete non event from the offense again

Just checking that you are still allowed to throw the ball?

Abysmal. Might as well have had Danny DeVito at QB

-9 net passing yards. -9, in 2023?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

Even the second last play. If he doesn’t bring him down for another couple of yards jets don’t get time to spike the ball

• Advertisement

Jones knee looks gone again. More Danny DeVito on the way

Advertisement