Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mega Man Creator Announces Mighty No. 9

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,795 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some serious talent on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

already nearly 400,000 pledged , 900,000 is the goal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,795 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only Keiji Inafune would be this forward thinking as a japanese developer. Most japanese people see kickstarter as begging and dishonourable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

$668k in under a day.

Holy. Shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

j9n876547h8l0k m,9jn876gbhnjmk8,9j8nhb7g6v5vghbnjm7k8,90

^ literally facerolled keyboard.

Backed this for $120. Your move, planet earth.

This belongs here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Up to 814k atm so yes I think we can look forward to breaking some stretch goals :P

i will pledge my support

megaman references were awesome :L

im happy so long as they keep the same movement mechanics in place, so it still feels like that other game.

I tried playing ARES a couple times and something is just slightly off about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And it's officially funded!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,091 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Odd to have PS3 and 360 as the primary stretch goals if the release date is 2015: the next-gen will be well established at that point, although suppose it would be strange for anyone to be pledging for a copy on a console they don't own yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Bit odd that the console versions are stretch goals at all. I would of assumed they would be the baseline goal. I know its a new IP but most of the fan base is going to be coming from a console background, not PC.

Having said that it will probably hit the stretch goal for console versions at this rate anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Azza wrote: »
    Bit odd that the console versions are stretch goals at all. I would of assumed they would be the baseline goal. I know its a new IP but most of the fan base is going to be coming from a console background, not PC.

Having said that it will probably hit the stretch goal for console versions at this rate anyway.
    The main priority will be getting the game finished with the money pledged. Once that's completed the stretch goals can be used to fund the respective platform fees and any additional development work they'd need to do to get onto each of the platforms.

And the first stretch goal has been passed (two more levels @ 1.2MM).

2 million down. it is sure to reach its stretch goal for PS3 and 360 versions.

Whats less certain is whether it will make the stretch for the newly announced PS4 and XB1 stretch goal.

483b52cbaa64250dfaaa5b86c4b9ab98_large.jpg?1378918462

1.3 million to go..

I doubt it and I'm a bit surprised they did not make PS4/Xbox 1 higher (seeing how they are closer to a PC in hardware and supposedly easier to create games for).

im sure they have their reasons, either the cost of dev kits or licensing or simply time allotment

Something irks me about the title of this thread. Keiji Inafune didn't create Megaman and never claimed to, he's said so himself. He inherited the series after Megaman 2 and only worked on Megaman 1.

Typical IGN level of journalism :rolleyes:

So you mean he's the guy who gave us this

MM10-MegaMan.png

And he's not the guy who made this?

mmbanner.jpg

Then lets be realistic here..

The American Boxart has no bearing on the japanese boxart:

fami-rm.jpg

Here we go:

http://uk.gamespot.com//news/tgs-07-mega-man-celebrates-20th-anniversary-6179759?
    nafune also revealed that he wasn't responsible for the creation of Mega Man himself. "I'm often called the father of Mega Man, but actually, his design was already created when I joined Capcom," he explained. "My mentor [at Capcom], who was the designer of the original Mega Man, had a basic concept of what Mega Man was supposed to look like. So I only did half of the job in creating him. I didn't get to completely design a Mega Man [protagonist] from scratch until Zero (Mega Man X, SNES). Back when the SNES was coming out, I was asked to give Mega Man a redesign, so I created this character. But I realized that this design wouldn't be accepted as Mega Man, so I had another designer create the new Mega Man, and I worked on Zero to release him as the 'other main character' that would steal all the good scenes!"
    The Mega Man series may be Inafune's longest running project series, but it also has some personal importance to him. "It may be the 20th anniversary for the Mega Man series, but it's also the 20th anniversary for myself as a game developer. It was the first title that I was involved in when I joined Capcom, and I've really been in the industry together with the series. It was the Mega Man series that taught me how to make video games, like what kind of points had to be detailed, and what kind of points had to be watched out for. I'm often called the creator of Mega Man or the father of Mega Man, but it's really the Mega Man series that created me."

Of course if you are idiots like the staff of IGN then you'd just check wiki and use that.

• Advertisement

5 days left to go.
    It's more than likely that the extra boss stretch will be reached, but the co-op mode is iffy. Either way, now if your last chance to get in on what is shaping up to be a promising looking venture. $20 for a copy.

045f84c82fd8b0d417e1100920d073f6_large.jpg?1379862213

They've added new rewards, including physical DVD copies of the game, and USB drives with the game on them, which will be modeled after NES or Famicom Cartridges - your pick

f5OgxUn.jpg (concept rendering only)

3 days to go and the introduction of the thumb drives sparked a resurgence in the funding. They shot past 2 extra stretch goals and are on the way to hitting the Xbox One/PS4 stretch goal

Still on the fence? :p

Its 33 Hours to go, the fund is over $3,047,269 at time of post

edit: jumped $2,000 just writing this: $3,049,325 - its out of control! AH! $3,049,484! That was one extra backer! $3,049,539.. $3,049,858... $3,049,998 well you get the idea oh theres another $30 now..

Only a pittance stands between backers and the Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of the game @ $3,300,000. Chances are likely to get there.

Your last chance to get in on this. Remember every backer above the minimum gets 1 copy of the game on their platform of choice. In addition, you can buy extra copies of the game on physical media for Mac/PC/Linux. So you can buy for instance a console copy, AND a computer copy. They say 1 of either Mac/Linux/PC but in fairness its a Steam key they provide so by the game's release I expect the key to support all 3 platforms for the price of 1.

1st Digital copy of game tier (for 1 of any available platforms): $20+
    Extra Physical media (DVD /w proper case) PC/Mac/Linux: $31 international
    Extra Physical media (themed USB) PC/Mac/Linux: $41 international

$3,051,030 @11:10EST thats $1,000 every 6 minutes, thats $10,000 an hour, thats $330,000 more to get by the deadline!

15 hours to go and another goal has been broken

mighty number 9 coming to ps4 and xbox one

only 2 more goals and inafune and his team have achieved world dominance on kickstarter with less than 400,000 for a 3ds and vita version and another game stage

:D

15 hours to go and another goal has been broken

mighty number 9 coming to ps4 and xbox one

only 2 more goals and inafune and his team have achieved world dominance on kickstarter with less than 400,000 for a 3ds and vita version and another game stage

:D
    Don't forget their paypal store; it's not included in the kickstarter counter (but will count vs. the over all goal) and it has over 115k in it.

In which case the title is fully funded at this point up to and including DS and Vita portable editions. Looks like they've just started adding on extra random stretch goals at this point.

It now s officially the 3rd most funded kickstarter video-game project to date
    $3,800,000: OPTIONAL RETRO-STYLE CHIPTUNE SOUNDTRACK + FX! You’ve seen the names of the legendary musicians attached to this project: Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada... It’s a veritable who’s who of veteran game composers. So we thought, why not tap into that retro vibe and cook up an optional chiptune version of the entire Mighty No. 9 game soundtrack, including classic sound effects? That’s right – we’ll remix the entire soundtrack, retro 8-bit-style, and the game’s sound effects, for you to listen to in-game as you play, as an option you can toggle on or off in the settings menu!
    $4,000,000: ONLINE BATTLE RACE MODE!! The ultimate online competition! You and one friend compete online, racing to the end of the same single-player stages -- you can see your rival as a "ghost" image in your game, but you can't affect each other, save for any enemies you defeat being sent over to impede each others' progress! It's an all new twist on a versus mode, that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign!

And in other news...

Expect a message or email with your Mighty No. and password for our community forums in the next few weeks (community forums will be hosted at MightyNo9.com, and are expected to go up in late October or early November of this year).

Re: the USB "cart" add-ons: these are currently planned as 2GB in size to fit the game. However, we won't be manufacturing these until the game is released in 2015, so if it's cost effective to do so, we'll increase the size.

For the physical disc add-on version of the game: The disc will be a DVD, and, we can announce, will ship in a full, proper, standard DVD case!

Oh how capcom must be kicking themselves :pac:

135k in Paypal so with 8h to go it's sitting at 3.577MM USD.

• Advertisement

165k in Paypal so with 3h to go it's sitting at 3.754MM USD and is likely to breach the 3.8MM goal as well and the 4MM goal is with in possible reach as well.

Advertisement