Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diablo 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

VinLieger wrote: »
    Were still allowed to hate you :)

trust me, after one or two runs, you just go meh about it. havent logged in back for ages and cba redownloading like 15gb for 1h run to boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

trust me, after one or two runs, you just go meh about it. havent logged in back for ages and cba redownloading like 15gb for 1h run to boss.

Hah doesnt matter just won a key off the Gamestop Facebook page, now everyone can hate me as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Got into closed beta aswell today. Really enjoying it at the moment and brings back alot of memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I won a key through the GameStop Facebook page too, iv previously played a bit on a "friends" account. Looking forward to try out the patch 15 changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Checks email......:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Played for about 30 minutes there, it's so laggy it's virtually unplayable. Don't know if it's on my end or theirs but not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I kinda got bored of the Beta quickly. I played through it with the Wizard, Monk and Witch Doctor in the same day and didn't go back to it!!

I liked it but I didn't really see the point in playing through the same dungeon numerous times with a very low level cap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Plus, all that delicious loot will be gone once the beta ends.

Kiith wrote: »
    Plus, all that delicious loot will be gone once the beta ends.

This. This is one of the reasons I don't invest much time in to betas.

Let's be honest, Diablo was always a grind fest.. ( it's quite funny, as people bitching about Korean RPGs being very grindy and Diablo is a game based on grinding. ) so grinding a low level content and still get all of the gear and stuff gone on release is just useless. Plus you will get better gear 1-2 more hours in to the game when it will be launched fully.
    Fore it's like a demo, nothing else. A very short one am that too.

This. This is one of the reasons I don't invest much time in to betas.

Let's be honest, Diablo was always a grind fest.. ( it's quite funny, as people bitching about Korean RPGs being very grindy and Diablo is a game based on grinding. ) so grinding a low level content and still get all of the gear and stuff gone on release is just useless. Plus you will get better gear 1-2 more hours in to the game when it will be launched fully.
    Fore it's like a demo, nothing else. A very short one am that too.

Yeah it was more a glorified demo than a beta to be fair.

On the grind thing, that's what I always loved about D2. Yes it's a grind to the high 80's / low 90's but you are as much loot whoring as grinding levels and it took the edge off it. That notion that every Boss run could bring something new and shiny to use or trade completely changed the feel of a traditional grind. It was more so "Baal on 5% get ready to shift click like crazy... he's down ZOD RUNE click click click... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.... oh look I dinged 90 cool." :p

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yeah it was more a glorified demo than a beta to be fair.

On the grind thing, that's what I always loved about D2. Yes it's a grind to the high 80's / low 90's but you are as much loot whoring as grinding levels and it took the edge off it. That notion that every Boss run could bring something new and shiny to use or trade completely changed the feel of a traditional grind. It was more so "Baal on 5% get ready to shift click like crazy... he's down ZOD RUNE click click click... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.... oh look I dinged 90 cool." :p

lol yeah.

building your MF gear sorcam then MF barba. do mephisto runs or pindel.

it was like a slot machine grinding. lottery at its best :D. then going to trading games and looking for best deal etc!
    then you decide that you want a full natally set ASA. so you power level up her, while mfing gear at looking for bits in trade channels and trade games... ah memories...
    i know we will have that AH thing now and it will make it way easyer and more simple, but damn i enjoyed that shoping jumping in trade channels :o

lol yeah.

building your MF gear sorcam then MF barba. do mephisto runs or pindel.

it was like a slot machine grinding. lottery at its best :D. then going to trading games and looking for best deal etc!
    then you decide that you want a full natally set ASA. so you power level up her, while mfing gear at looking for bits in trade channels and trade games... ah memories...
    i know we will have that AH thing now and it will make it way easyer and more simple, but damn i enjoyed that shoping jumping in trade channels :o

Yeah it's so true, I probably spent more time while playing D2 setting up Trade games or jumping between trade games than I did anything else and it's sad to think this will no longer be part of the experience. :(

N PERF ETH BOTD ZERK O 290s :D

Edit: 290s not 360s god damn bad memory!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I just played up to level 5 to get a feel for the game. Its true that its more of a demo now not an actual beta. The build that the devs and qe team are working on would have a feature lock so any bugs reported now would not be fixed until after release anyway unless they were of high severity, and those fixes will just be a hotfix on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

So much for done when it's done, general concessuss I'm getting is a general meh! From the people playing it, was expecting a more omfgwtflolol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Heres a beta key for the first person who can snap it up.. Don't know how to use them on PC and also may not be up for playing much so here you go:

DFDK46-C9H2-VG8CGM-C8GK-8GWWYZ

Heres a beta key for the first person who can snap it up.. Don't know how to use them on PC and also may not be up for playing much so here you go:

Gah! I'm in work on my phone, damn it to hell, gz who ever gets it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's now on my battle.net account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

KilOit wrote: »
    Gah! I'm in work on my phone, damn it to hell, gz who ever gets it

Darn that sucks i'm sure there will be plenty more codes though.. Try gamestop facebook page they seem to be firing them out..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

currently downloading the actual game, so ready to click play launch day :)

GJ annual pass ;)

7.60GB downloading at 5.8MB/sec

ECc93.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

When will we see the console version of diablo 3?

• Advertisement

When will we see the console version of diablo 3?

i hope newer, but its too late now... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

i hope newer, but its too late now... :p

never* :P

Im slightly interested to see how the console version turns out , i think torchlight worked out pretty well for xbox. We'll see tho, could be a disaster.

Magill wrote: »

Im slightly interested to see how the console version turns out , i think torchlight worked out pretty well for xbox. We'll see tho, could be a disaster.

well as much as i hate to admit, my love with diablo franchise started on ps1 :o. worked fine for me untill i discovered diablo 2 on pc :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Magill wrote: »

Pretty sure my laptop wouldnt run it anyway.. pretty dated at this stage... Never know.. whats that link to check your Specs against recommended requirements?

Darn that sucks i'm sure there will be plenty more codes though.. Try gamestop facebook page they seem to be firing them out..

Do they just post them on the frontpage?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Dam went to pre order the collectors edition this morning in gamestop no joy :( said there over booked and couldnt take anymore.....lucky amazon is there to rescue me lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

johnf26 wrote: »
    Dam went to pre order the collectors edition this morning in gamestop no joy :( said there over booked and couldnt take anymore.....lucky amazon is there to rescue me lol

what date did they give for delivery?was it between tuesday and friday?

good question there. will it come out tuesday or friday?!

i burned so many times where they put only tuesday date overall and when you come to gamestop you get a lovely notice: its out friday... :rolleyes:

so tuesday is international release then so?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It is indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Gamestop FB page are giving away 2 codes today

Advertisement