Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is considered "normal"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

CDfm wrote: »
    you pay rent weekly or monthly

cash or how

any chance of doint a bunk

i pay monthly, bank transfer to one housemates account. i'm actually thinkin of doin a runner cos i'm so fed up of it, just wondered if anyone else has encountered anything like it?
    My boss has even offered to help me move out as he is aware of the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

i pay monthly, bank transfer to one housemates account. i'm actually thinkin of doin a runner cos i'm so fed up of it, just wondered if anyone else has encountered anything like it?

Infairness if they all go to bed at 7pm you wont have a problem moving out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

vinylmesh wrote: »
    why was my "yore ma" post deleted? :mad::mad::mad:

Congratulations to the mod responsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Your housemates are a bunch of weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Payin the rent to one of the housemates sounds a bit dodgy. I'd get out of there asap.

Poo in the dishwasher & stick it on a cycle before you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

now your thinking -these guys know what they are doing is wrong and having you subsidise their lifestyle

not very nice when you look at it that way

where is it wriiten that you have any moral obligations to them?

by the way if you are moving invest in a disposable camera an photo the place in all its glory

its worth it for an "insurance" policy if they get nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Smart Bug wrote: »

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Smart Bug wrote: »

Cunning plan. Are you a non-national perchance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

vinylmesh wrote: »
    why was my "yore ma" post deleted? :mad::mad::mad:

I for one, welcome our new why was my "yore ma" post deleted? :mad::mad::mad: overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Cunning plan. Are you a non-national perchance?

No, but I am familiar with their ways... :D

• Advertisement

CDfm wrote: »
    now your thinking -these guys know what they are doing is wrong and having you subsidise their lifestyle

not very nice when you look at it that way

where is it wriiten that you have any moral obligations to them?

by the way if you are moving invest in a disposable camera an photo the place in all its glory

its worth it for an "insurance" policy if they get nasty

that's a great idea thanks :) sounds like you've been through similar, or are you just really clever?

that's a great idea thanks :) sounds like you've been through similar, or are you just really clever?
    JUst a bit older than you and I always root for the nice guys

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

I know a guy who picked up a homeless chick, brought her home and washed her, then fooked her, then sent her on her way. Id rather her than your flatmate!!
    I also seen a guy take a dump in a trough (sp) in a pub in edinburgh, while there was 5 other lads takin a leak (cubicle was actually free), laughin his ass off at it as steam rose up from the pile of turd.
    These are a special breed of homosapians, most of which are better to be avoided at all cost, lest be around them and their cronies.

Do a runner FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Ehhh.... Peeing on the toilet seat, not flushing, not using toilet paper, not changing bed sheets or bath towels...?

Poor hygene is never attractive.

Just your opinion horse...:cool:

Just your opinion horse...:cool:
    dont want to watch dvds in your house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Judge a book by its cover.. not its personal hygiene.

I'm not going to pick up a book that stinks of piss.

Does your deposit amount to a months rent? Get the dogs to sub you next months rent then skip off. You break even then.......unlikely that leaving any kind of special parting gift is going to bother them.....one will most likely think the other did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shelllz

God i thought one of my housemates was bad.....but after reading this i've got nothing on you! half eaten dinners under cushions? WTF?! one of my housemates made a lasagne over 3 weeks ago....its still in the fridge!! she used Chef ketchup as the sauce! she's dirty, she's weird, she doesnt clean up after herself, she barely showers......BUT she's moving out next month! so its all good!

My sis told me her housemate takes her fake tan off with a brillo pad!!>>>weird!

Shelllz wrote: »
    God i thought one of my housemates was bad.....but after reading this i've got nothing on you! half eaten dinners under cushions? WTF?! one of my housemates made a lasagne over 3 weeks ago....its still in the fridge!! she used Chef ketchup as the sauce! she's dirty, she's weird, she doesnt clean up after herself, she barely showers......BUT she's moving out next month! so its all good!

My sis told me her housemate takes her fake tan off with a brillo pad!!>>>weird!

Arent boards brilliant - you know the perfect place for her where she will be very happy:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 púca-mór

that's the kicker, the house is lovely, i mean, it was when we moved in, but as time has gone on they have the place destroyed with food, it's everywhere.

I barely make enough to pay the rent and bills and it breaks my heart to think i've more than likely lost my deposit because of other peoples filth, is it normal to be so filthy? has anyone else experienced it?

I had an experience reasonably similar. I moved into a lovely place - it was inhabited by young professionals. Generally not the worst - but most of em went away at the weekend and there was no sharing of the cleaning properly.

but worst part was when my (then) friend decided his gf should begin staying all the time - she was french - completely stuck up her own rat-trap.... Like the house wasn't usually really tidy, but it was passable... until she started staying the whole time (she literally was always there, not paying rent.. i mean there 24/7 when he wasn't)

She was Dirt-Bird Afficionado! Hair in sink holes, half-eaten food left everywhere, general crap left in living room... etc. But the undoubted worst of it was her habit of leaving her panty-pads everywhere...
    I don't know if she leaked alot or what, but she filled the bins in both jaxs with pads... and when full - she didn't empty them - she started putting pads barely wrapped in toilet roll on top of the bin :eek: One day i had to empty both those bins... because she was not going to, nor was anyone else.

I left that house a short while after. I still don't understand how somebody can be so disrespectful to other people.

The landlord complained to me about the state of the place, and i explained that's precisely why i was moving - because i'd tried.

PS: your housemates sound pretty f'd up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Shelllz wrote: »

I now understand that women can be as bad as men :eek: Leaving food around for days is horrible, The food goes off and leaves a nasty stench about the place, It can also attract pests.

My mate lived on Xbox live for weeks and was leaving currys and glasses of milk lying about his room, It was disgusting! The milk was turning into cheese :D

• Advertisement

i am so glad i decided to post my dillema, i have to say, i'm feeling better knowing others have gone through similar.

and yes, there have been incidents of ladies used "toiletries" being left in the bathroom, and also used condoms floating in the toilet, it makes me wonder what kind of environment these people were raised in that they seem to have no respect for where they live

i'm a mesy bugger at times, i have no furniture in my room so my clothes are kinda left on the floor at times, but that's in my own room, not around the house.

funny incident on one occasion when friends came over for a few drinks, spilled some beer, insisted on cleaning it up and grabbed what they thought was a cloth from beside the sink only to realise it was a pair of jocks :eek: at first they were a bit "eeeeeewwwwww!!!" then they giggled and proceeded to mop up the beer with them regardless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

my female house mate pees on the toilet seat and leaves it there, doesn't flush, and apparently, does not use toilet paper.

a/s/l?

jk - that's disgusting. I'd be tempted to shove her face in it but she might like that......

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shelllz

púca-mór wrote: »
    She was Dirt-Bird Afficionado! Hair in sink holes, half-eaten food left everywhere, general crap left in living room... etc. But the undoubted worst of it was her habit of leaving her panty-pads everywhere...
    I don't know if she leaked alot or what, but she filled the bins in both jaxs with pads... and when full - she didn't empty them - she started putting pads barely wrapped in toilet roll on top of the bin :eek: One day i had to empty both those bins... because she was not going to, nor was anyone else.

I left that house a short while after. I still don't understand how somebody can be so disrespectful to other people.

PS: your housemates sound pretty f'd up...

Dear God i feel your pain!! I had to empty the bins in the bathroom....i actually nearly got sick.....Now i'm a girl too but jesus i clean up after myself!! Its not rocket science!!

I wouldnt expect anyone to pick up after me so i dont know why other ppl do? She just never ceases to amaze me!

wouldnt even strike her to empty the bin if it was full....no, no,no she puts the rubbish on the floor beside it!:eek:
    or the dishwasher....you only have to push a button to turn it on.....no she cant do that either!!

I dont know! There's a lot of...eh hem......unusual.......... ppl out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Girls don't poo.

trust me, they do, i have a brown trout greet me most mornings when i walk into the bathroom because this girl seems to have an issue with flushing

Steady up, girl is saving water and should be commended for her green outlook.

Never flush myself until the "matter" is well backed up the pot.

Water is precious, conserve it.

do you share a bathroom with others? would you feel fine if every morning you had to clean pee off the toilet seat and flush away someone else's poopies??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 púca-mór

Water's not precious... seriously, if it was i wouldn't waste so much of it.. cuz i'd be all like, holy **** how much € worth of water did i just pour down the sink there...

Besides, you can drown in water... so it's better to get rid of it whenver possible - just to be on the safe side. If you leave bodies of water just lying around the place.. you just never know when you're gonna slip, be knocked unconscious in a pool of standing water... then you won't think it's precious at all - on the contrary, you'll be really annoyed by water! You will damn the H's and O's for ever gettin it on. BEWARE!

Hey... we got a live one here:cool:

• Advertisement

do you share a bathroom with others? would you feel fine if every morning you had to clean pee off the toilet seat and flush away someone else's poopies??

Far as I know,you just push the button and away she goes????

No big deal at the end of a days shítting.

Think of all the energy you've saved.

Advertisement