Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Options
  • 03-06-2014 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Ok folks, June has come around, OTAs are in progress, training camps due next month so its time to start thinking about fantasy football. Here are the rules from previous years.
    1. Each League will have it's own specific thread that will be started by a Moderator at the start of July each year.

2. As well as this there will be a 'Sign Up' thread opened at the same time each year so that those who didn't participate the previous season have a chance to play in the coming season. All new players MUST register their interest no later than July 31st each year in order to be considered for a position in a league this year.

3. Each Gameweek will also have it's own thread that will be used for all divisions. This will be for general queries such as: “Who should I start this week; Garcon @ Oakland or Rice @ Cleveland?

4. Any players who go inactive for more than 3 weeks during the season will be disqualified from entering for the next season. (Within reason, if someone goes on holiday for three weeks that's fine as long as they mention it before they do.)

5. All League General Managers will have to be re-elected by those in their league for the next year.

6. ALL Boards League drafts MUST be held between the end of the final pre-season game and the Thursday night season opener.

7. ALL Boards Leagues MUST play by the same set of League settings to avoid any confusion. League settings will be attached in a seperate post as well as in the opening post of each individual league thread.

8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

9. Promotion and relegation will take place via a '4 up 4 down' system. The 4 teams that make the semi's of the playoffs in a League will be promoted to the league above the next season. If there is inactive players in whichever division (say 2 for example) then they are removed from the league and only 2 are relegated to lower division, The four promoted then will keep that division at 16. As for the division below as only 2 are coming down and four going up there leaves a shortfall of two. This can be fixed by only relegating 2 from that division and along with the four promoted teams will keep that division at 16. This goes on all the way to the bottom division.

10. Anyone who sets out to deliberately mess up a league by signing up and dropping all their players after drafting or offering very obviously one sided trades to make another team too strong will be banned from both the Fantasy Football Forum and the American Football forum as a whole permanently.

This thread is for all players to register your interest in playing this year. The cut off is July 31st if you played last year and wish to maintain your position in the Boards ladder system (We had nine divisions last year so if you start at the bottom it may take a while to get to the Premier league). All new players are welcome and will be placed in the ladder in order that they post their interest here. I've no interest in chasing people who played last year to see if they are interested to play this year so if you know people that played last year then feel free to contact them to get them to sign in. Otherwise most people should know that the thread is open in June/July and should check in to post their participation for this year. I will post last years final finishing order as soon as i have it so people know where they are in the ladder

If anyone has any rule discussions can do so here too, i know we need to lock down the biggest problem we have here which is inactivity during the season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Can i ask all GMs from last year to post an image of the final position from last years league. Firstly you need to reactivate the league on NFL.com. then go into history and the 2013 season tab and the final positions will be there. If you have problems just send me a PM. Here is the division 1 final standings

BoardsDiv12013_zps7d65a2d1.jpg

If GMs can identify any inactive players as well so that we can remove them from the leagues altogether. In Div 1 Leitrim Gaels was inactive and out of the league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Div 2 standings.

NHupHio.png

I'm back and Div 2 needs a new GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm a new player and would like to join please. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

New player would like to join in please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Returning this year, relegated from the Premier last season I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Division 4. I'm promoted so a GM needed.

league.png

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Hi guys, I'm a new player as well and would like to join too.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Returning this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Div7.png

I'm back and Limerick Cowboys was inactive

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Count me in for D4 - Lambmunchers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Division 5

- I got promoted and would have no problem taking on the Division 4 mantle. I know most of the guys on there from before.

rzevZDK.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Bray Broncos are back for another year in Div 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

"Wont Come Last" will be back in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm back (TDM) and ready to be champion again!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

I'm in again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Im in again, Kilkenny Patriots Div 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Visiting division 4 for a season on the way to the premiership. (Aille Cows)

could we get a definition of inactive, ie. 2 or 3 weeks with no log in?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Count me in - back up to Division 2 again after a brief stint in Division 3

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm in again this year. I was in the top division last year but can't remember where I finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

matthew8 wrote: »
    Division 4. I'm promoted so a GM needed.

league.png

Believe in Eli back in D4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'll be playing again. Fluffy Pink Bunnies - Prem Division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

50ptm9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Hi,

I'm back in again as The Arsenal Jets, division 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

In. Promoted to division 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Back again - Oh Look An Eagle, Premier Division

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Im in again this year - please dont make a big league like last season - think i was the last division and it was huge - no amount of mock drafts could have prepared me for that!! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

Bye Week back in the Prem. again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

In again, Stompers, Div.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

Heinsberg Men back for year two after finishing third in Div 7, hopefully up a few leagues this time around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Returning. Dunluce Demons, from Div 2 last year. Finished 4th, don't know if that means I'm promoted to Div 1 or not?

Advertisement