Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seeking developers for a HL2 (Source engine) mod. Read this!

• 05-03-2009 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Some of you might remember a certain 3d horror game that Monolith released in 1997.

Blood.

If not, the trial version is availible for download
    here

Anyone who does remember it would know that it was one of the best Shooters ever released. A lot of people still play it to this day, including me. It was based on the Build3D engine, which is looking prehistoric at this stage.

What I'm aiming to acheive is a Mod for the Source engine. A total conversion of the origional Blood game. Every map, every character, every NPC, every weapon, every texture, every secret. I'm even hoping to re-create the menu structure. :)

Basically, this project is far too much for me on my own. I'm looking for some people to help out.
    • Texture artists. Someone good with creating and rendering textures.
    • Modellers. Someone who could recreate all the Characters and Enemys models, in true Source style.
    • Mappers. I'll be doing most of the mapping, but it will be extremely intensive, as I want to make the game as detailed as possible.

Anyone interested in Mapping would have to have a little experience with the Valve Hammer editor and the Source SDK. Its very easy stuff.

Teture artists....I'm sure you have your own programs to do that.

Come on, I know you guys are interested. Who wouldnt enjoy kicking Zombie heads around with true Havok physics? ;)

Let me know,
    -Mick.

Heres a screenshot of the origional game, and the logo for this new project.
    952357933-00.gif
    Blood_Source_Header.png

Advertisement