Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back to The Future

• 18-12-2002 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

Has anybody got the box set?

Is it good?

Where can you get it at best vaue?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah it is a class set.

DOnt know a good place to get it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

its pretty much €42 everywhere.. I think play.com works out about €39-40 iirc... if you're looking for a histreet store just get it in golden discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

€33 from cdwow.ie
    The box isnt very nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

I saw it in Golden Discs for €42, I'll have to buy it with post-Christmas money I think:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I think I saw it for less than €40 at XtraVision in Rathmines...

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Are there any good behind-the-scenes documentarys on the DVDs then?
    Don't think I'd buy it just for the films.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Hehe I got the BTTF Box Set on cdwow.ie for €25 a couple of months ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

from /.:
    However, hang on a second: NetGyver writes with a reason to hold off on buying this trilogy:

"The Digital Bits is reporting that the widescreen matting has been done in error on the BTTF Part II and III discs in the trilogy box set. The results very from minor to extremely irritating. Here is a side by side frame comparison between the full-screen DVDs/Laserdisc/and widescreen DVDs for you to view.
    The widescreen DVD set is considered defective and Universal has an exchange program on the way where you can mail in discs II and III for replacements. But that won't roll out until late February 2003. There is no word for disc replacements for other regions besides North America, at least for now. This a fix for those who already own the widescreen DVD set. The corrected DVD batch will arrive in U.S. stores in late February according to Universal Studios."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just ordered it from cdwow for €30. Not too shabby.

Of course 20 mins before I had already ordered it from amazon for €15 more :( and they had already put it into dispatch, so I'll have to send it back when it arrives :mad: 20 minutes ffs, didn't even have time to think about cancelling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

saw the first one on the smellyvision the other day. i had forgotten how brilliant that movie was...

"i am an extraterrestial, from the planet Vulcan!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by seamus
    Just ordered it from cdwow for €30. Not too shabby.

Of course 20 mins before I had already ordered it from amazon for €15 more :( and they had already put it into dispatch, so I'll have to send it back when it arrives :mad: 20 minutes ffs, didn't even have time to think about cancelling it.

check the distance selling regulations in the UK. i think you have up to 7 days to return it for a full refund (-minus the postage)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

its all gooood!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the american region 1 boxset has more special features.

see this page at bttf.com for whats exclusive to the r1 discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

aw kewl thanks our man in moscow

Advertisement