Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jtboo

Hi ladies, due my second baby May 30th. I'm 7 weeks at the mo. I'm off for an early scan as feeling awful cramping since I became pregnant, never happened on my first and my doc sending me to put my mind at ease I suppose. Are these early scans done vaginally? ? My boobs are like rocks, so sore and I'm exhausted, working full time with a lively 20 month old!! Oh the joys eh

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

jtboo wrote: »
    Hi ladies, due my second baby May 30th. I'm 7 weeks at the mo. I'm off for an early scan as feeling awful cramping since I became pregnant, never happened on my first and my doc sending me to put my mind at ease I suppose. Are these early scans done vaginally? ? My boobs are like rocks, so sore and I'm exhausted, working full time with a lively 20 month old!! Oh the joys eh

Best of luck jtboo. I hope it goes well. I can't give you any info on the early scan as mine is not until next week. Like you I'm 7 weeks now and my boobs are like rocks!
    I really hope your scan goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Some place do internal scans til 8 weeks but I had an abdominal scan at 7+4 and saw blob with arm, heartbeat and yolk sac perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I had a scan at 5w6 days (so last week) and it was vaginal. It was ok, just a tiny bit uncomfortable. Hopefully as you're a little bit further along you might avoid it! Congrats on your pregnancy.

I kept a bowl of cereal down last night so shouldn't have to go into the hospital just yet. Hopefully I can keep some more fluids down today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Hello ladies, just took a test this morning and confirmed that I'm due early/mid June next year.

No major symptoms yet, some breast discomfort and bloating is all!

Going to call GP in the morning to sort hospital registration!

Look forward to getting to know you all! Hope you're feeling ok Woshy!

• Advertisement

tfak85 wrote: »
    Hello ladies, just took a test this morning and confirmed that I'm due early/mid June next year.

No major symptoms yet, some breast discomfort and bloating is all!

Going to call GP in the morning to sort hospital registration!

Look forward to getting to know you all! Hope you're feeling ok Woshy!

Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Congrats to the new additions! Off to the docs in the morning to get ball rolling. Feeling very bloated already perhaps because it's my second, anyone else same?

Congrats! Another June mama :)

I've ended up admitted to hospital. Went to casualty Monday night and have been admitted as I'm severely dehydrated and can't stop vomiting. On about a million drips and need to stay here until I can tolerate a little bit of food. Nearly all the other women here are in the last few weeks of pregnancy so it's a bit weird not looking pregnant at all (I'm 8 weeks on Friday) I certainly feel it though! I'd love to go home today but we'll see what the doctors say. I miss my little boy and my bed.

Congrats to the new additions! Off to the docs in the morning to get ball rolling. Feeling very bloated already perhaps because it's my second, anyone else same?

It's prob that your tummy muscles aren't as strong as before you had your last baba so it looks bigger and more swollen. Good luck at GP anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

It certainly sounds like we're all having 'fun' getting used to our weird and wonderful pregnancy symptoms. Had my first wave of nausea this morning at 5 weeks 5 days. Thankfully it passed in time for me to get on the train to work.

In other news.... I had my letter through from the Coombe yesterday and my first appointment is booked for the end of November! Eeek it's starting to feel a bit more real now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So I got a positive yesterday. Going to doc tomorrow. Have had period like cramps and extreme tiredness in the evenings. Not really sure what to do next. This was our first month trying. Wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly!!

Home from hospital. Doing my best to keep some food and fluids down so I don't get admitted again. I'll need to go in regularly for drips though :( I did get another scan of baba though which is nice. It's still a blob but looking healthy!

Bring on the second trimester ladies - it can't come fast enough for me! Because I'm so ill pretty much everyone we know already knows about the pregnancy though so no big 13 week announcement for me :)

Anyone else telling people yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Glad to hear you're home Woshy - it sounds like you're having a dreadful time so early on. Hopefully the next few weeks pass quickly for you!

I told my mum pretty much as soon as I got the BFP and I think we're telling hubby's parents this weekend. I'll be telling my sisters probably in the next week so I have people to chat to about the joys of the first trimester but won't be telling anyone else until the first scan (booked for 6 weeks tomorrow!).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

Hi,

Am due on the 9th June based on an early scan yesterday. Had an internal scan yesterday as so early. Heartbeat is low so need to go back on Monday to make sure it's increased. Feeling v nervous.

Best of luck with the repeat scan Denise2007.

I have told a couple of my very close friends, going on holiday at about thirteen weeks for a few nights so not going to tell any family until we get back! I work in the same place as my mother though so will see if she spots it in the mean time!

I'm not "feeling" pregnant today, I don't know that I feel different to how I was yesterday though, still no major symptoms. Will take another test in a couple of days if I'm still unsure..

Denise2007 wrote: »
    Hi,

Am due on the 9th June based on an early scan yesterday. Had an internal scan yesterday as so early. Heartbeat is low so need to go back on Monday to make sure it's increased. Feeling v nervous.

Congrats! Hope the scan on Monday goes well. It can be hard to see when you're very early on.
    Fifi_123 wrote: »

told my mum pretty much as soon as I got the BFP and I think we're telling hubby's parents this weekend. I'll be telling my sisters probably in the next week so I have people to chat to about the joys of the first trimester but won't be telling anyone else until the first scan (booked for 6 weeks tomorrow!).

Bet you're excited about the scan! It's nice some people know. I bet you'll appreciate the support.
    Best of luck with the repeat scan Denise2007.

I have told a couple of my very close friends, going on holiday at about thirteen weeks for a few nights so not going to tell any family until we get back! I work in the same place as my mother though so will see if she spots it in the mean time!

I'm not "feeling" pregnant today, I don't know that I feel different to how I was yesterday though, still no major symptoms. Will take another test in a couple of days if I'm still unsure..

I bet your mum will notice! Hopefully you don't get bad symptoms. Believe me, you don't want the vomiting :) Lots of women I know just felt tired in the first trimester. I can see how it'd be reassuring to feel something more though.

Woshy wrote: »
    I bet your mum will notice! Hopefully you don't get bad symptoms. Believe me, you don't want the vomiting :) Lots of women I know just felt tired in the first trimester. I can see how it'd be reassuring to feel something more though.

I would be very surprised if she didn't notice (she's a midwife)!

I would be very surprised if she didn't notice (she's a midwife)!

Ha! Well then you've no chance.

My vomiting has slowed down a little but I'm doing my best to keep down some liquids and food. I just washed my hair for the first time in over a week. It was stuck to my head - so gross! Had to shower sitting on a plastic stool with the door unlocked in case I had a bad turn and my dad had to rescue me! Luckily I was ok and I still have some of my dignity.

Is anyone else having problems with their clothes not fitting already? I've lost half a stone due to the sickness but my jeans etc are quite tight on my bloated belly already and I'm only 8 weeks. It's too early to dig out my maternity jeans so I'm not sure what to wear. I bought loads of leggings last time so I may have to live in them.

I'm basically on bedrest anyway and not working so I suppose so it's not like anyone will see me but I'm just not sure what to wear so that I don't look like a giant scruff bag.

Last time I never got very big because I also lost a lot of weight that time and apart from maternity jeans I was able to wear my normal clothes up until I gave birth so buying anything is probably not worth it. I love looking at maternity clothes though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snusie

Hi ladies! I just got a positive today, ETA 26th June, the same due date that I had with my first in 2013. Feeling rather nervous even though I know what to expect! Looking forward to the journey ahead. :)

• Advertisement

Think I'm out girls, had some spotting Friday which has gotten worse this morning. Going to buy a test to confirm but pretty sure :(

Think I'm out girls, had some spotting Friday which has gotten worse this morning. Going to buy a test to confirm but pretty sure :(

Oh no! Did you call the hospital? They might say to get it checked out. You know I had some bleeding and then a scan and everything was ok.

Just back from hospital, I had presumed the worse but after exam and scan, cervix is closed and they could see the sac and pole?! Anyway she said they are treating it as a threatened miscarriage. I have to go for a proper scan in epu in the next week.

She said 20% of early pregnancies experience bleeding and 80% of those go on to be fine.

So theres still a bit of hope, I really thought that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Just back from hospital, I had presumed the worse but after exam and scan, cervix is closed and they could see the sac and pole?! Anyway she said they are treating it as a threatened miscarriage. I have to go for a proper scan in epu in the next week.

She said 20% of early pregnancies experience bleeding and 80% of those go on to be fine.

That's good news. Must be v scary. Fingers crossed you'll be In the 80% :)

That's good news so far anyway! I still get the odd bit of bleeding and they've found no reason for it. I had another scan during my hospital stay too and the baba is fine. Apparently it's v common. Hopefully all will be fine at your scan at the epu.

Booked in with my GP this morning, fairly funny experience. She didn't do a pregnancy test which confuses me, she did however do a breast exam and an abdominal exam... I guess she has to make her 55e somehow.

Booked in with my GP this morning, fairly funny experience. She didn't do a pregnancy test which confuses me, she did however do a breast exam and an abdominal exam... I guess she has to make her 55e somehow.

My GP was the same last time - he just wanted to know about folic acid!

Funksoulsista - have you had your scan?

I'm just back from another two nights staying in the hospital for hyperemesis. I've to go in every week now for fluids and nutrients. I'm feeling better today than the walking corpse I was on Monday so hopefully I can keep that up.

snusie wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I just got a positive today, ETA 26th June, the same due date that I had with my first in 2013. Feeling rather nervous even though I know what to expect! Looking forward to the journey ahead. :)

Yay! :)

I had a private scan a few days ago and got to see the heartbeat :)
    They gave me a due date 3 days different to my own estimated one going by my last period, which are always regular. Is this anything to worry about? The baby measured 3 days smaller.

• Advertisement

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I had a private scan a few days ago and got to see the heartbeat :)
    They gave me a due date 3 days different to my own estimated one going by my last period, which are always regular. Is this anything to worry about? The baby measured 3 days smaller.

That happened to me last time. I had a private scan at almost 9 weeks and the baby measured 7 days smaller. The same happened at my 20 week scan so the hospital changed my due date to a week later. Then he arrived at 39 weeks on his original due date anyway!

Babies come when they feel like it so it's not a big deal but I'd just pass the early scan on to the hospital so they have that info and don't induce you too soon (if you go over).

Advertisement