Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

So had my first GP appointment this morning (which i had to pay for, i know people were wondering) All went great im lucky to have a gp who has scanning facilities. Im 7.2 weeks due the 22nd of April. did the scan but didnt expect to see much but seen the little heart beat was really chuffed because i wasnt expecting that. Going back in 2 and a half weeks where she will scan me again and alot more will be visible. :D hope everyone is keeping well

Oh my God you're so lucky she does scans! I'm so jealous! I didn't have to pay for my appointment yesterday, but will most likely be paying €100 for a scan in two weeks so it evens out a bit! Great that you got to see a healthy heartbeat :)

I cannot stop eating, I've put on 2lbs this week :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I cannot stop eating, I've put on 2lbs this week :O

Snap, I've done the same, that's 6lbs since I tested positive :o

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Snap, I've done the same, that's 6lbs since I tested positive :o

I had lost 3lbs since I got the positive so I suppose it's just evening out, hmph, I was so close to my 10 stone aim! The amount of carbs and dairy I've eaten this week I'm not surprised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Ah stop I had lost nearly 4 stone since my last baby just had started to fall off the wagon at the summer so now I'm just a mess can't stop eating and I just want carbs and sugary foods hoping it's just the first trimester and I go back to healthy eating hopefully

Ah stop I had lost nearly 4 stone since my last baby just had started to fall off the wagon at the summer so now I'm just a mess can't stop eating and I just want carbs and sugary foods hoping it's just the first trimester and I go back to healthy eating hopefully

This is my plan too. I was the same, lost 4st since my last baby so the sight of those lbs climbing up again is freaking me out. I'm just hoping my appetite settles down a bit after the first trimester, so hard not to eat all the time when the alternative is to feel horribly sick:eek:

• Advertisement

Luckily I've gone off sugar completely, and in fairness to me I'm eating mainly good carbs, brown bread and pasta, oven chips, nothing too bad. I've had no chocolate or crisps, which is highly unusual for me, I don't want them at all, it's great! And I've been loading up on veg, trick my body into thinking there's loads of carbs in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Only a few more weeks until I can tell the whole world :-) getting an early scan next week so will tell parents then!

I have evening sickness....about six pm the nausea just hits me until I go to sleep so have to get dinner in early!

I'm nauseous a fair amount of the time, but I think that's more to do with the nerves of still adjusting to this news than actual pregnancy nausea. I get nauseous when I'm nervous, or if I get up very early in the morning! (What's that about) But I've always been like this, so it's easy to deal with it for now. If I actually get sick, that's a different story, I hate puking.

It's not sugary foods that's my problem either, it's savoury foods mostly carb based. Plus I'm genuinely starving ALL the time!!!
    Nausea is starting to settle down a bit too *knocks on wood*, still not 100% but at least I can function again:)
    Can't believe I'll be 10 weeks on Monday, time is flying by :eek:
    This time 2 weeks I'll have seen babs for the first time, it'll all start getting so real after that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Persistent Vegetable

Myself and my wife are due 6th April :) (well my wife is due :D) It'll be our first.
    We did IVF + ICSI with SIMS after failing to conceive naturally for 5 years. We're so excited. We're going to attend the Coombe and have our first appointment for 22nd Sept. We had a 7 week scan in SIMS and everything was perfect and have another 11 week scan on 16th Sept.

Good luck to everyone! :)

• Advertisement

Myself and my wife are due 6th April :) (well my wife is due :D) It'll be our first.
    We did IVF + ICSI with SIMS after failing to conceive naturally for 5 years. We're so excited. We're going to attend the Coombe and have our first appointment for 22nd Sept. We had a 7 week scan in SIMS and everything was perfect and have another 11 week scan on 16th Sept.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Congrats, I'm due on 6th April in the Coombe too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Persistent Vegetable

Congrats, I'm due on 6th April in the Coombe too;)

Thanks, and congrats to you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mopsy06

Good evening everyone, hope you and bumps are keeping well. Quick question, are any of ye ladies on iron and folic acid. I've just had a read of the leaflet with the tablets the doc gave me, and it says not to be taken in the first 13 weeks of pregnancy :-O

Mopsy I'm taking folic acid, not iron, are your iron levels low yes? I know too much iron in pregnancy is bad but have you been prescribed it because you need some extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mopsy06

Mopsy I'm taking folic acid, not iron, are your iron levels low yes? I know too much iron in pregnancy is bad but have you been prescribed it because you need some extra?

I'm not aware if they are low or not. Doc never took bloods. My blood pressure is low, maybe that's why

Oh good God the exhaustion good night sleep and get up exhausted whats that all about :'(

Oh good God the exhaustion good night sleep and get up exhausted whats that all about :'(

I've taken to taking a nap with my 2 year old during the day or I wouldn't make it to bedtime!!

I've taken to taking a nap with my 2 year old during the or I wouldn't make it to bedtime!!

I have a 3 and 6 year old so no naps for them but if I get a chance for 40 winks in the afternoon ill be taking tham gladly

I'm managing without naps mostly (thank god because naps are not suited to the working day!), but I sleep forever at night. I was in bed by 10 last night, asleep by 11, and had to drag myself out of bed at 8.30 this morning. And once I fall asleep there is no waking me, out for the count!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fuffle

I had my first scan on Friday! Due on 4th April, a wee Easter baby! So just over ten weeks, was surreal seeing its wee arms and all move on the screen. Was so scared all week as all my symptoms had vanished from around Tuesday onwards, such a relief to know all is well.

• Advertisement

Fuffle wrote: »
    I had my first scan on Friday! Due on 4th April, a wee Easter baby! So just over ten weeks, was surreal seeing its wee arms and all move on the screen. Was so scared all week as all my symptoms had vanished from around Tuesday onwards, such a relief to know all is well.

My last baby was born on Easter Sunday, better than any chocolate egg ;)

Congrats Fuffle!

I'm entirely convinced that pregnancy nausea is my body and brain wondering what the hell have we gotten ourselves into. My stomach is doing low level churning most of the time, if I can manage to distract myself it eases, definitely think it's just in my head.

I was worried my husband wouldnt deal with this too well, as we were both so unprepared. But last night he said he's really happy and excited despite generally not being that much of a kid person, because it's with me :) *swoons*

If I could just control my money/work panic I'd be doing ok!

Boo Kate Middleton stole our thunder....unless she is secretly a member on this thread then congrats :-)

bp wrote: »
    Boo Kate Middleton stole our thunder....unless she is secretly a member on this thread then congrats :-)

And Una from the Saturdays is pregnant too, I *knew* it yesterday when I saw a photo of her from the opening night of their tour this weekend! She's normally so slim and she had the tiniest bit of a belly...like a normal person :P

Poor Kate Middleton with the hyperemesis, I have the lowest level of nausea all day every day for the last week and that's bad enough. But then at least she doesn't have to go to work, look after her son, cook dinners, clean, etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

bp wrote: »

Haha she stole my thunder the last time too my 3rd was born in august last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Night time is worst for me - need to go to bed sitting upright until I fall over in my sleep! My toodler is also getting so heavy...cannot imagine lifting them with a bump in the way

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Are you me?? I was off yesterday and was mildly nauseous nearly all day, but it was bearable. This morning it was like a different kind of nausea, still low level but just making me feel unstable, weak, and CRAP. The last two weeks were characterised by me eating all around me, but week 7 has begun with me not being able to stomach much, managing to eat, then 2 hours later being starving and nauseous. So for now I'm sipping ice cold water with lemon in it, eating hummus, cheese, grapes and crackers every 40-80 mins and trying to keep busy at work, sitting still is the enemy. I'm not tired anymore, but I'd take back the tiredness if I could not be nauseous.

Not loving this, nausea is the one thing I can't deal with well. I really hope it doesn't get worse, or if does I hope it develops into full blown pukies at some particular time of day and fine the rest of the day :(

And Any Huberman (who left the the last time the day I went in) and other celebs doing the deed at the same time???

• Advertisement

Started the last two days with (tmi)
    diarrhea
    , which is most, MOST, unlike me :( I normally have a very well behaved digestive system. My husband was skating on thin ice last night when he said "You're not too bad, you haven't actually gotten sick yet" :eek: Oh yeah, because the dicky tummy, constant nausea, exhaustion and emotional upheaval have been great craic!

Advertisement