Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

[QUOTE=
    Nicoman if I thought there was any possibility of twins, I would have to have had a scan by now,the suspense would kill me!![/QUOTE]

....Stop, it's killing me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I'm in Lourdes and with Mlu, have any of you told your children? I think I'm gonna leave it as long as possible to tell my son,with everything going on I think we will have our last summer of only childness and tell him in September if I can get away with it that long!!
    Just think Christmas is going to be so different this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I was so sick I had to tell my son. He was delighted and loves our chats about what is happening this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Doc sent me for a scan last Friday she thought she could feel a cyst or something . turned out everything was fine . got to see my wee bean and he/she was waving it's little hand as if to say I'm okay mam!

So cute. My little one was curled up asleep .

• Advertisement

Bought a few bits and bobs from Le Penne today to tie me over in work from now until I actually have a bump, I'm usually a size 8 but got size 10s and 12s they actually look good on and can cover me after I have the baby with cardies and boots :)
    Have any of Ye noticed a bump?? I just look like I've let myself go a bit

Well thank god someone else feels the same . I look like I've just been eating too much even tho I'm eating the same!
    I had been drinking ice cold water before my scan to fill my bladder they reckon that encourages babs to move about.

Thing is I have lost weight on the scales but can't fit into my clothes??

Your shape is changing, ribs moving, uterus expanding, hips widening. I am the same. I have not put on weight but I have a bump and my boobs are huge. I think I lost weight too( no wine!) so it has evened itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Nicman

Im the same - was away on hols and thought I was putting on weight even though Im hardly able to eat and came home and some of my clothes are loose in places but snug around my belly! It's kinda scary and a bit weird - feeling fat and wondering if everyone else is think "she could do with losing a few"!!! :-) cant wait to see an actual bump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Hello All- Haven't commented in awhile.. Glad to hear you are all doing well..
    Am 13 weeks now.. (today).. had an early scan at week 11 and all was well so we've told everyone now.. Was amazing to hear the heartbeat and we even got one clear pic showing arm and leg..
    Have my first appointment for Holles Street (Midwives clinic on Pearse st) on Monday.. How long should this take do ye think? Will there be a lot of waiting around?

Its funny- since the 11 week scan I've actually started to feel a bit of nausea which I hadn't to to this point.. but nothing major..

Bump wise.. I've put on about 3lbs since I found out.. and my bump is getting more pronounced all the time.. But I'm really looking forward to it being a proper bump and not just 'she's letting herself go a bit' aswell.. I bought some maternity gear but its waaay to early to wear it yet.. Its an awkward in between stage..

Bought that belly extender today so I can get more wear out of my jeans comfortably,can't wait to try it out!!

Has everyone had their scans /first appointments? How is everyone feeling?

Sickness well settled for me. Only the odd bit of nausea. Scan done, so happy to see my little babs. Bump now noticeable and feel like I am bloating a lot but overall happy out. Love being pregnant. How are you lashes?

I'm great, same as you with nausea,a little bit some evenings but I'm unsure whether it's over eating or pregnancy!! Constantly feeling bloated but I guess we are just gonna get bigger!!
    What date are you due Fall?
    Enjoying being pregnant at work, don't touch that,don't lift that. I'm having the easy life,when I'm bigger I'll be out back with my feet up!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

My first appointment is Friday so looking forward to getting that done. Had an early scan at 11 weeks and all is perfect thank God. I am so lucky (and feel slightly guilty saying) I have had no nausea whatsoever! I have a serious bump/fat belly forming, I presuming it's from all the eating I'm doing! Don't give a hoot though, so happy to see it. 14 week this weekend and I've already broken out the maternity gear. So glad I did,the comfort in maternity trousers is great. No more waistband digging into my tummy, although they do take a little getting used to as they feel like they're falling down! Hope everyone is doing well

I am just hitting 14 weeks, due January 2nd. I am off on three weeks holidays so will probably be huge when I get back. Delighted they are minding you at work Lashes. I am a teacher so very lucky to be off. What are your due dates lashes and roustabout? And what hospitals, we should have a list!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

Due January 4th Fall, so we're pretty much on a par. I'm attending the Rotunda. As a matter of interest, are you going abroad on hols? I'm very undecided about flying, was gonna ask at the hospital on Friday. I really want to go away and don't feel like a staycation! Decisions, decisions.....

I am going to Spain. I think once you have good first scan and no issues holidays are no problem. We might have the first babies of the new year!

Had My booking appointmment today,no scan tho as had one two weeks ago,hubby was a tad disappointed as he still hasnt seen the babs yet!I'll be scanned in two weeks tho so he hasnt long to wait!Due the 1st of january ,wonder which of us will go first :D

• Advertisement

It will be so exciting closer to the time. I had my first on my due date. Head was engaged for about three weeks before it and then waters broke two days before due date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Hi everyone, I'm due jan 27th so 10weeks. Almost made it to 10 without throwing up but on the third morning this week now, ugh. I can handle the nausea but I keep vomiting up acid in the morning and that's flaring the stupid asthma. Meh.

On the plus side had a scan at 9 weeks and all was well with the bean, measuring a day ahead, strong heartbeat and everything forming correctly. First appt next thur in the coombe at 11 weeks coz the reflux/vomiting is triggering asthma (cough varient) and it's very hard to get under control if I have a bad attack (think like two-three weeks of steroids/nebs!)

Congrats Whiteandlight, welcome to the club!

I'm officially due 31st of December and going to Mlu in Drogheda, I had my dates for January though so I don't wanna move threads lol,knowing my luck I will go over anyways!

How is everyone doing? Has anyone felt any movement yet??

Have Ye started to buy anything yet? I'm so bold I picked up some bottles and my stereliser in Aldi last week in their baby event,even though it's super early I cannot resist a bargain.

I'm so jealous of your teaching job,so you will be off for the summer back for September and on maternity from December until June? Lucky you!! I'm so excited about being off work for Xmas this year,I work in retail so it's the first Xmas eve etc I will have with my son. I told the owner of the company this week too,so when deliveries are in they are left in an appropriate place and I'm not left dragging boxes around.

Me and OH (?) Have come along in leaps and bounds lately,is it a man thing to deal with these situations in a really crappy manner or maybe it's just immaturity!

I'm off for the summer too :) hospital rang and changed my scan to yesterday . hubby missed it again . But babs was having none of it yesterday . Was lying with his back to the camera so he didn't miss it really you couldn't make it out
    have picked up a few bits myself lashes and have them locked away in what will be baby's room.

Do tell Bobskii what did you purchase?? My cousin is due in October and when we around each other we are like school girls chatting excitedly!
    Has anyone any symptoms?? I feel a billion times better than I did at the start, my only issues is that I have boobs that could rival Jordan's and my trousers won't button.
    I think I have felt some movement over the last few days, but I keep doubting myself.

Just little bits,a steriliser(even tho I might give breastfeeding a try)little vests, muslin cloths(I've no idea why you need them tho)
    I'm the world's worst when it comes to bring organised but I don't want to leave myself under pressure when I'm back at work and Christmas is looming.
    I also have a moses basket and car seat locked away buy they were given to me by my sis in law as she's tight for space and ill be using them on my little one.
    I also picked up my eumom bag yesterday!

Wow bobskii you are preparing!! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?
    I actually bought two packs of the muslin cloths too and I have no idea what to do with them!! Did you breast feed on your first?? I was so adamant that I was going to but I couldn't getting him to latch ,he got so jaundiced that the midwife was like either bottle feed him or he's going under the lamps! I tip my hat to anyone that breastfeeds, it's a tough job!

Lol if only you knew how unorganised I usually am!I also get it hard to pass a bargain and the steriliser was €5.,actually my mum bought it come to think of it . I didn't breastfeed my first it wasn't even considered back then . I'll try on this one I think if I can well and good and if not at least I gave it a go . will you try on this One?
    I've already had 2 scans done so I feel like this pregnancy is moving pretty fast.

• Advertisement

I will try to breast feed, last time I was so gutted over not being able to do it,so this time I'm gonna not pressure myself and see how it works out.

Wow 5 Euro is a bargain! I got mine for €14 in aldi. I have a crib and Moses basket that my mam bought when she had me,I used them on my first so a freshen up and new mattress is all I need for those, the Moses basket is made of amazing proper wicker not like the straw ones you get now it's amazing!! I also have a m&p buggy that I could easily use on this one too,but I'm so tempted to buy a new one,just because!

I am going to find out the sex on my next scan, I was thinking of getting an anomaly scan done privately as my hospital doesn't offer it,would like to know what's going on. Anybody any ideas of what they are having??

Advertisement