Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2014 Babies Club

• 07-04-2014 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

It's really early days but I couldn't resist starting this! Hubby and I have been TTC for 8 months so I'm estatic to finally be here! I've just been to my GP and made my first booking appointment in the hospital. Estimated due date is 15th December, so all going well I'll have a little one for Christmas :)

Husband is determined that we tell no-one until the 12 week scan which just seems like aaages away! I don't think I can keep it from my mam or sister so I might just have to swear them to secrecy!

Are there any other December mothers-in-waiting out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Not a December mammy to be but I have a December 2008 little girl. She's 5 now and flying it :) Started Junior Infants in September. Her first Christmas was magical, little two week old baby on Christmas morning. She was born on the 12th of December.

Congratulations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 BroodyAllen

Aw, how lovely January :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Also Due Dec 15th for me :)

Here's to healthy pregnancies all round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I'm not pregnant but have a December 2011 baby. Christmas was extra special that year.

Congratulations to all the moms to be :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats:))
    I was due a Dec 2012 baby,born in Jan 2013 and it is a great time of the year for babies:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Hello - I'm another one for your club!

Pregnancy test confirmed result yesterday morning, meeting with my GP on Thursday :)
    Our very first after much thought and effort -feeling completely blessed (and delighted, excited, bloated, anxious etc etc.. haha, typical first timer I'm guessing). Scan next Thursday 17th, 6 weeks, be nice to say hello and see who's in there!

Hospital just got back with our first scan, it'll be in June :D How am I gonna keep this a secret for that long?!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

Hi,

Due Dec 10th, baby number two have a 20m dd, love the age gap. Having so much fun with dd right now.

Hoping to go for a private scan at 8 weeks, here we only get one scan at 24 weeks, so I will have to fork out for peace of mind. Did the same last time too,

Hoping to get the gender scan too same as last time.

Hospital just got back with our first scan, it'll be in June :D How am I gonna keep this a secret for that long?!

You really don't have to if you don't want to. I always told before the scan but to be fair that was for myself because I know had anything been wrong then I'd have needed the support of my family members for that.

Thanks January. I think I'm going to tell my immediate family and a couple of very close friends in the next week or so :)

• Advertisement

I've already told some people, on the premise that if anything happened these people would be told anyway and I'd need their support.
    I told immediately on last pregnancy too. Just family and friends, won't be making it public for another few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Suain

Hi ladies,
    Huge congrats on the great news. So exciting!! I am also due in dec. Just got positive result at the weekend. We have been trying for the last few months. I was previously pregnant in sept but had a missed miscarriage at 6 weeks. Dreading the same thing happening again. But on the whole we are extremely positive.
    Going to try get into the doc early this week and get the ball rolling. Wishing you all the best x

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Congrats everyone :) Based on my calculations, I'm due on CHRISTMAS DAY :D

I only got a positive test a few days ago, haven't even missed my period yet (due tomorrow) but the symptoms are unmistakeable! :) I already have a 19 month old girl - send some sticky thoughts my way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Hi everyone, I'm jumping in here too! By my calculations I'm due on Dec 16th. This will be our first so very excited & nervous!
    Congrats to you all and I hope it's a happy and healthy pregnancy for you.

I have a question (already!) - I have booked an appointment with my doctor today, I will be 5 weeks tomorrow. Is it too early do you think?
    Should I wait another week or so? I read somewhere here at 5 weeks the pregnancy probably wont show up on the doctors test and I will need to go back again in a week or two. What are peoples thoughts or experiences?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Suain

Congrats Gmail,
    Very exciting times ahead. I went to doc this week ( estimated due date 14th dec). She didn't even do urine test, sent me straight for blood tests. Also have a scan May 1st due to previous miscarriage. Go to your doctor., I was 5 weeks 1 day when I went.

Thanks Suain & congrats to you too. Good to know you went to your Doc at more or less the same time...I'll go ahead with my appointment today I think.
    You must be wishing for May 1st to get here asap. Such a mixture of emotions between anxiousness/nerves/happiness!

Yeah Gmail, if your test shows positive, then it's positive. Long gone are the days where a doc needs to 'confirm' a pregnancy. I think the main reason I'll be going next week is to get my bp checked, and a referral to hospital (presume you do need a referral don't you?)

Congrats btw!! Very exciting times indeed. Still doesn't feel real to me tbh!

Congrats mrswhippy! Your due christmas day - eek - that's lovely!
    Will be an exciting time for you with your other little one aswell. You'll be a busy lady :)
    Yip I also presume I need a referral to hospital - I'm very clueless so hopefully the doctor will give me some guidance today.
    I think I need to get my hands on a few books asap!

Great to see so many December mammies on board :)

Gmail, you don't need a GP referral to get your hospital appointment. I went to the doctor to get the ball rolling on combined care and she did give me a letter to bring to the first scan, but I had to ring and register with the hospital myself. Got the scan appointment letter 2 days later!

Is anyone here suffering from any cramping?

It's driving me mad - I'm second guessing everything twinge :(

• Advertisement

You're about a week behind me aren't you? I was getting it a lot last week. It's settled down now, of course now I'm second guessing why too :rolleyes: I am sooo bloated and I'm only 5 weeks, seriously already look pregnant due to the bloating! Hope it settles down or there's no way I'll keep it under wraps til 12 weeks :eek:

You're about a week behind me aren't you? I was getting it a lot last week. It's settled down now, of course now I'm second guessing why too :rolleyes: I am sooo bloated and I'm only 5 weeks, seriously already look pregnant due to the bloating! Hope it settles down or there's no way I'll keep it under wraps til 12 weeks :eek:

Yeah, I had LOADS of bloating last time too, and thankfully it did go away before the 'real' bump appeared! :)

Thanks for the reassurance. I know I got cramping last time too but I think cos my AF is due today, I'm more nervous!

Cramping is a normal part of pregnancy, unfortunately a lot of pregnancy symptoms are the same as period symptoms and they make us worry!

Try to relax, know it's hard (I remember being on constant knicker watch at the start of this pregnancy and I'm back on it now at 39 weeks!).

Ah the knicker watch, it never stops for the whole pregnancy, from the start, to the middle hoping there's no pee to the end hoping there's mucous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

I'm jumping on board. Got bfp yesterday. This is my second, first was born on Xmas day 2011 (4am)! So strange to be due in dec. again. Loads of cramps, same as last time. And your right, The knicker watch never stops!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi,

Looking for advise, I'm very confused as to which hospital to choose in Dublin. Have been with GP so now have to decide where to go. I'm very tempted by community midwives clinics living in Lucan that would mean the Coombe but am closer to Holles st for work. Any advise greatly welcome as my head is totally melted.

Thanks..

nuttykat wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for advise, I'm very confused as to which hospital to choose in Dublin. Have been with GP so now have to decide where to go. I'm very tempted by community midwives clinics living in Lucan that would mean the Coombe but am closer to Holles st for work. Any advise greatly welcome as my head is totally melted.

Thanks..

I went with the Domino/Community midwives via Holles St first time around and I can't recommend them highly enough. I am gutted that I won't qualify this time around as my last baba was breech and I had to have a section (i.e. no longer considered low-risk). If you are worried about quality of care, you have to remember that if any issues arise at all during the pregnancy (fingers crossed), you will be transferred straight back under the hospital care. It's a fantastic scheme, and I can't believe more people aren't doing it.

Go with the midwives!!! No contest :) You should only need to go to the Coombe for your 20 week scan, the rest of the appointments should be at the satellite clinics (at least I presume that is the same in Lucan) and GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

nuttykat wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks..

My sister lives in Lucan and regrets not going with the Coombe as apart from being able to go to the midwives clinic, there is a option of leaving the hospital the same day as you give birth. Afaik if you are in holles street you will need a least 1 overnight stay. May or May not be important to you.

Just to confirm (or to confuse things further!) orchidsrpretty, I was in Holles St, and could avail of the early release scheme. I didn't think there was a minimum stay, it just depended on what time the baby was born, and how both of you are doing. It's unlikely though that nuttycat could go on the Early Release scheme via Holles St if you lived in Lucan though because you'd be out of their nurses catchment area - whereas it shouldn't be a problem for you in the Coombe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

mrsWhippy wrote: »
    Just to confirm (or to confuse things further!) orchidsrpretty, I was in Holles St, and could avail of the early release scheme. I didn't think there was a minimum stay, it just depended on what time the baby was born, and how both of you are doing. It's unlikely though that nuttycat could go on the Early Release scheme via Holles St if you lived in Lucan though because you'd be out of their nurses catchment area - whereas it shouldn't be a problem for you in the Coombe.

Yeah should of clarified. Due to where you live you cannot avail of the service if you go with holles street but can with the Coombe.

Advertisement