Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diablo 3

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is Diablo...the bad guys never die.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kiith wrote: »
    This is Diablo...the bad guys never die.

Your posting too much

Your excitement is growing

The probability of you making D3 more **** is growing

Control yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

fecking very long WEEK! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally just bought it there, downloaded and ready to install and everything :)

7.60 GB

Is that all?I thought it was 12-15 GB

EDIT: Nevermind,saw your post after : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

went to preorder this morning -> something came up so i didnt complete the order ->i cant order it anymore on amazon D:

damn!!!!! anyone knows when and what price are they selling in shops??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Still available at gamestop.

I hope they deliver early, because I'll be pissed if I'm not playing at 11:00pm next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The lore in Diablo is the best thing about it! Sure gameplay is cool and getting loot and all that jazz, but when i saw the first released cinematic for D3 i creamed all over my room. Plus it seems my theory about the game storyline and characters is becoming popular among the internets. Which is a shame really since there will be no OMG WTF moment for me. Thats if what im thinking is true. But being the lore geek that i am, and putting all the pieces together im almost 100% sure its true.

As for Diablo dying in the end. He cant :P Apparently the prime evils cant be killed but only imprisoned.

I expect my sleeping times to be really really really messed up during the release week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

My final exam is May 14th :), anybody know of anyplace in Ireland currently selling the CE, I've got the annual pass but want the CE

i did a revision of the lore the other day, awesome stuff really :D

http://www.diablowiki.net/Storyline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Is anyone else happy that Paladins are gone or are now "monks"?

Seriously the ladder community online was OVERSATURATED with hammerdin bots. I had a hammerdin in d2.. Back in 2003.

Anyone have any predictions for what character class is gonna become the general "favourite" / "most used"?

My bets on wizard.

Or maybe a baba.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

according to a lot of polls, the wiz and witch doctor are quite low, with the barb and monk being quite high. I think even the blizzard poll was similar to that too.
    But yeah, no pala's and no necros, cant say i'll miss the paladins, but i loved necromancers

Oh god yeah. I had a bone necro once.. Failed. Poison necro - would've have Ben a waste of time for me

But my pride an joy, of all of my characters ever,

Lvl 95 Summon/curse necro.
    He made every Tristrun so much faster to complete, when coupled with an auras in. Even the ubers stood little chance.

HOWEVER, my favourite character class ever; assassin. Trapper whirlwind teleport assassin to be exact.

Very disappointed they merged one of the best (most enjoyable to play) characters, le assassin, with my least favourite character, el amazon.

Which characters are you glad to not see making a comeback?

I think Druid/amazon were the least popular character classes overall in D2. Except for the few redeeming Javazons.

Am guessing they'll reintroduce some of the other classes in an expansion, hopefully the necro, but i seriously doubt it as the witchdoctor is comparable to it in so many ways.

Yeah, i didnt like druid or amazon either but then i didnt like barb much either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I absolutely loved the Amazon. Strafe with a heavy crossbow was a thing of unadulterated bliss.

Never took to the old Necro. Summoning always seemed too much hassle.

Disappointed they removed the paladin. Always thought he had the nicest armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I will miss paladins and necros. One of the reasons I am going witch doctor is because the necro is gone, although with necro non pet builds were very strong but with the witch doctor it looks like it will be reliant on pets.

Plus, the demon hunter looks more like a assassin/necro combo than assassin/amazon combo. Or it could pass for a female necro wearing a Shako.

Why did they have to take the necro's awesome shoulder spikes :( his armour made him so cool

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I will miss paladins and necros. One of the reasons I am going witch doctor is because the necro is gone, although with necro non pet builds were very strong but with the witch doctor it looks like it will be reliant on pets.

yeah but plague of toads and zombie nova! :D

Gonna be playing a Witch Doctor on launch, which is odd since i hate pet classes in like ALL rpg games. Will miss the Paladin and Assassin, but oddly enough i dont care much for the Monk :S

GIMMIE THE GAME, THE TIME FOR TALK IS OVER!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Wouldn't it just be great if they found a major world ending system destroying bug and had to delay the games release?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Wouldn't it just be great if they found a major world ending system destroying bug and had to delay the games release?

No that would not be great, in fact it would be the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of bad things that have ever happened.

12 years, 12 god damn years we have waited and poor Deckard is on his last legs if we wait any longer he could die of natural causes!! :(

Any hints that there will be a secret cow level?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yes. My character picked up a Black Mushroom, as did several others, and there are suggestions that it is used to make a secret portal.

Though it could just be a reference to the quest from D1 where you have to get a Black Mushroom.

so will the shop sell the hard copy on monday so i can play the game at 11pm?!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Probably not. Would make sense, but probably not. I'm just hoping Gamestop deliver it a day early like they have other pre-orders i've done.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    so will the shop sell the hard copy on monday so i can play the game at 11pm?!!

In theory they should as servers wont be live anyway but blizzard probably dont want people that are getting hard copys to all be trying to login at 11pm and bringing down the login servers.

Tristram is sad to be returning so who's to say Wirt's leg will be gone by then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 markg123

cant wait to play this game!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As much as ive been looking forward to the game i probably wont get it straight away.
    Since i recently experienced Tera i reckon nothing will take me from it until GW2 is released, not even DiabloIII :eek:

Advertisement