Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

Yea it was..thought i was goin mad der for a min

well hopefully der gettin close so

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

tommy21 wrote: »
    Hmm a tinge of regret is growing for my switch from Xbox to PS3. Not once in two years did I experience an outage. This is the third time in 6 weeks on PS3.

Yeah same as. But i think the recent downtime for PSN has to do with this anonymous hacker group. And there is talk that they are the ones behind this outage today. You never get any crap like this on XBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Still not up for me yet. Anyone else having any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Down for me too, same error. You'd think They would attack sony directly instead of the users. Any other weekend probably wouldn't have been as a bad

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ink

matchthis wrote: »
    Down for me too, same error. You'd think They would attack sony directly instead of the users. Any other weekend probably wouldn't have been as a bad

It looks like it is nothing to do with anonymous or any other hacker groups. According to this article Amazon's cloud is belly up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ink wrote: »
    It looks like it is nothing to do with anonymous or any other hacker groups. According to this article Amazon's cloud is belly up.

They're taking the PSN account numbers(75m) as individual players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Should have checked here before formatting my entire disk.:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Having withdrawal symthoms *shakes back and forward*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Wow it's still down :eek:

I got Portal 2 yesterday as an early birthday present :D and was looking to link it with my steam account , hope it's back up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

ink wrote: »
    Meanwhile 75million gamers were left frustrated after the PlayStation Network went down.

The outage, which is not believed to be connected to the Amazon problem, began at 9.30pm on Wednesday night.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1379474/Web-chaos-Amazon-cloud-failure-crashes-major-websites-Playstation-Network-goes-AGAIN.html#ixzz1KFGOzu2u

The article says the PSN outage is not beleived to be related to the Amazon issue. hmmmm... will be interesting to find out exactly what IS the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,815 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

probably a glitch in the matrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I still can't log into PSN on my PSP, so I can't activate my US PSP games.
    This is annoying. How long will this crap last?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Looks like it won't even be back online today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Skynet

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Looks like it won't even be back online today. :(

Where did you hear that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Its going to be down for the weekend.

lol. Its going to be down for ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

God damn it. I need to get onto it so I can fire up Portal 2, and link my PSN with my steam account so I can get my steam version downloading. Grrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

An objective question-no fan boi crap from either side please.

Would something like this be less likely to happen on XBL? Is PSN more vulnerable to stuff like this because it's free and Sony has resources, due it being free, to invest on protection against hackers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Azure_sky wrote: »

Would something like this be less likely to happen on XBL? Is PSN more vulnerable to stuff like this because it's free?

Well we don't know why It's down so therefore no one can really say. However if hackers are behind it then Microsoft are just as vulnerable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Would something like this be less likely to happen on XBL? Is PSN more vulnerable to stuff like this because it's free and Sony has resources, due it being free, to invest on protection against hackers?

i am on the playstation since the ps3 came out, there has been some of these 'network down' times, but not too many really. Yet it does seem like xbl gets less (or none) of these attacks. most of the times the psn has been down though has been for upgrades, and if you were online before hand you were not kicked off line. i am unsure if the xbl has the same network down time for updates/upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Xbox live has suffered outages like this on more then one occasion. The biggest I can remember was a couple years ago when it was up & down for about 2 weeks after christmas cause of the server strain. They gave a free game as compensation. Not a good game but still :pac:
    Its always gonna happen. Just the timing of this is horrible cause of Portal 2. Wonder if the Steam integration has played a part in this actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

brianon wrote: »
    Where did you hear that ?

That article that someone had a link to earlier said that it's predicted that it will be offline friday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

all im getting now is the playstation network is undergoing maintenance which is a step up from yesterday lol

Shin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still down? *sobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

This is not on Playstation, sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

shinzon wrote: »
    all im getting now is the playstation network is undergoing maintenance which is a step up from yesterday lol

Shin

I got that message but now I'm back to an error 80##### occurred and you have been signed out pain in the ear!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I want to play Portal 2 on my pc...sort it out already Sony! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

brianon wrote: »
    The article says the PSN outage is not beleived to be related to the Amazon issue. hmmmm... will be interesting to find out exactly what IS the problem.

Yeah it will be very interesting to see what Sony have to say about this mess once its fixed. Most people are guessing its Anonymous behind it because a day after they threatened Sony this happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

If this is the work of hackers looking to p!ss off Sony, personally I think a better way of going about it would be to make everything on the PSN Store €0.00, let the looting begin :pac:

Advertisement