Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mother killed five-year-old son 'for breaking TV when he was playing Nintendo Wii'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Latchy wrote: »
    That is one fcuked up , excuse of a mother .

Nobody who does that deserves the title of 'Mother'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

She needed a license for the object that her child was beaten to death over and not one for the child...I just don't get it.

They should offer repeat offenders money to get sterilized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Stupid senseless cow, probably couldn't find the child's father without going on Maury. Kills her offspring ffs. I normally have reservations about the death penalty, but this time I say fry the bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

RichieC wrote: »
    fking animal, hope she gets raped in jail.

I'm sure that will help a lot. But if the thought of another violent crime being committed gives you pleasure ...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Nobody who does that deserves the title of 'Mother'.
    Hence the use of the word 'Excuse'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

A Licence in those cases is only another name for a tax. it's not like you have to prove competency to have a TV or a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

A Licence in those cases is only another name for a tax. it's not like you have to prove competency to have a TV or a dog.

That's right. In fact, it's called "dog tax" in several other European countries.

Mind you, you don't have to prove any kind of competence to be a parent, either. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

she beat her son Jamar Johnson 'harder than I have ever hit him'

It's this part that gets me, poor young lad, laying in pain for 5 days with the person who you should trust most in the world to look after you watches you die to protect herself.

I hope prison is hell for her, I genuinely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Heartless cùnt should be given the electric chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Can we set up a specific forum for depressing stories, rather than AH?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Fvcking monster. Unfortunately New York doesn't have the death penalty

Fvck the death penalty that bitch should rot in a cold dark damp 4x8 cell for the rest of her days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

First time an article has made me physically sick...

Really? Physically sick? So that article actually made you puke? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

BigDuffman wrote: »
    She needed a license for the object that her child was beaten to death over and not one for the child...I just don't get it.

They should offer repeat offenders money to get sterilized.

A TV Licence isn't required in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

A TV Licence isn't required in the USA.

Thanks for the nugget but you just ruined my point :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Poor thing, a life snuffed out just like that =(

Reading the article made my heart go out to the little fella, but at least, wherever he is, he has to be in a safer, happier environment than the one he was subjected to for his short life. I wonder if he had previous injuries and the last attack just aggrevated them, since she said hit him harder than before....not the first time she'd beaten him. She was probably conscious of the medical bill she'd face as well as arrests etc. I'm not excusing her but I would like to think her five days of torture were due to panic rather than outright sadism...not that that would make it much better.

RIP little guy xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

RichieC wrote: »
    fking animal, hope she gets raped in jail.

Right because another act of violence will make things ok :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Sunshine! wrote: »
    Poor thing, a life snuffed out just like that =(

Reading the article made my heart go out to the little fella, but at least, wherever he is, he has to be in a safer, happier environment than the one he was subjected to for his short life. I wonder if he had previous injuries and the last attack just aggrevated them, since she said hit him harder than before....not the first time she'd beaten him. She was probably conscious of the medical bill she'd face as well as arrests etc.

Fuck the medical bill. You cannot put a price on a childs life, your own flesh and blood. I think it's safe to say she only gave a shit about not getting caught. He must have been in intolerable pain over those five days, no 'mother' would watch her child in that state. She is an evil bitch, and no excuses can be made for what she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Game Over!

That's not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

they say kids are like a life sentance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    I wonder how many of those who express such self-rightness indignation at this crime and wallow in pleasure at the thought of the punishment they would like to inflict on that wretch would howl almost as loudly at the thought of more funding being provided for preventive work to alleviate social deprivation and the many evil ways in which its symptoms manifests themselves.:rolleyes:
    Yeah, treat the causes that lead to violence against and neglect of children (although the cause of those isn't always social deprivation) in order to prevent them... but that's bleeding-heart talk - torture the bitch! That said, I can understand people's anger, and while I wouldn't endorse her getting a bit of a hiding from fellow prisoners, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I don't think that's comparable to repeatedly beating an innocent little child who did nothing. No way would I ever agree with state violence though.
    amacachi wrote: »
    A woman killed a kid? Obviously she was depressed/stressed/insert some other excuse.
    Who said that?
    Bazzy wrote: »
    Free speech !
    Free speech is also the right to express disdain at your attention-seeking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

reading the OP reminded me of an incident that happened to me once-

my own son was only about four at the time when a week earlier i had purchased a rather fancy universal remote control for €250; so i happened to be on the phone talking and when i came back into the room, there was no sign of the remote, i looked at my son, who was looking at the fish tank! i thought "no, no way!", but there it was, like a fancy aquarium ornament, and he looked back at me and he knew he'd done wrong from the withered expression on my face.

i thought "what could i do? its a bloody remote, i shouldn't have left it within his reach in the first place!", i just fished it out as if nothing had happened, and retrieved the sky remote from the drawer.

then later on when i thought about it, i remembered when I was about four years of age and i picked my mother some flowers i saw growing at the bottom of the garden, i had no concept of the idea that they were my fathers prized african lillies; of course when my father saw what i had done, i was beaten black and blue.

moral of the story?

you can always replace or repair material things that are damaged, but you can never undo the damage you do to a child.

the do-gooders can make all the excuses thay want for this woman, but the fact remains- it was a fúcking tv, there simply is NO "excuse" or "she might have done it because"... again, there is NO excuse to beat a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

While I appreciate that this is a very emotive subject, I have 2 kids myself, is it not slightly hypocritical for people to wish acts of violence on this person. Especially considering that violence was the cause of this tragedy.

Undoubtedly the woman should be punished to the full extent of the law.

But this an-eye-for-an-eye mentality should have no place in a civilised society.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

The thought of the poor little mite in such pain before he died, so so sad, would make you cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

If she had killed the child outright you could argue and say it was an act of impulsive violence that went overboard and the mother is full of remorse .It's the fact that she left the boy to die a slow angonising death over 5 days while mulling over what might happen to her if she reported it that makes one reel in horror .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

greenybaby wrote: »
    If you read my post again i asked would you crack a joke at your own childs funeral, and judging by your previous posts i'd say you would and all

I think your letting your emotions get the better of you there Greenybaby. Bazzy's jokes were definatly in poor taste and ill judged, I agree.

But it's a bit of a fcuking leap to judge the man so harshly as to insinuate that he'd laugh at his own kid's funeral.

While I agree with some of what you've said on this topic,..you do your own arguments and credibility a disservice by overreacting like that.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

poor little guy :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Sadly i can see soemthing like this or Baby P case happening in Ireland soon:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Craebear wrote: »
    Some people cannot be allowed to have children, simple as that.

Yes, but...
    Who do you choose can't have children?
    Who chooses who has children?
    How do you enforce it?

Deciding on taking children into care is a minefield, never mind forced sterilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

stevejr wrote: »
    I think your letting your emotions get the better of you there Greenybaby. Bazzy's jokes were definatly in poor taste and ill judged, I agree.

But it's a bit of a fcuking leap to judge the man so harshly as to insinuate that he'd laugh at his own kid's funeral.

While I agree with some of what you've said on this topic,..you do your own arguments and credibility a disservice by overreacting like that.

perhaps you are right but i did not see him deny it, he just said he was leaving the thread, now if he could not defend himself against my allegation then my question was answered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

bigpink wrote: »
    Sadly i can see soemthing like this or Baby P case happening in Ireland soon:(
    Sadistic violence against children is nothing new, nor is it something that hasn't happened in Irish society. It could happen anywhere, any time...

Advertisement