Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It costs less than £30 to convert to ADSL in UK

Options
  • 23-08-2002 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Isn't that strange - Eircom told me that to be tested for I-scream I would have to downgrade from ISDN (at a cost of more than €130) to PSTN and then depending on the DSL line test choose whether to pay to be connected to DSL or to be reconnected to ISDN!

Perhaps the committee could seek a written statement from Eircom on their policy on this topic (why we can't have the UK migration solution) and post the reply here and on the IOFFL site?

From the reg today
    Punters unaware of ISDN-to-ADSL conversion
    By Tim Richardson
    Posted: 22/08/2002 at 11:04 GMT

Sheffield-based ISP PlusNet claims ISDN users are still under the impression that they have to pay through the nose to upgrade to broadband.

Earlier this year BT introduced a scheme that enabled ISDN users to upgrade to ADSL for less than £30.

If for any technical reason the conversion fails, BT will convert the line back to the original ISDN service at no cost to the end user.

Punters are charged £27.99 (inc VAT) only after they've successfully moved to ADSL from ISDN.

However, a spokesman for PlusNet said of this upgrade path: "The message is still not getting through".

Earlier this month Nildram announced its ISDN migration path to ADSL. ®

Comments

Advertisement