Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pond Liner

Options
  • 06-04-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

I want to buy a good quality pond liner, approx 30ft x 25 ft, preferably butyl rubber for longevity.

Does anyone know where it's best to source a good quality liner either here or in the UK?

Regards,

Fnergg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Fnergg wrote: »
    I want to buy a good quality pond liner, approx 30ft x 25 ft, preferably butyl rubber for longevity.

Does anyone know where it's best to source a good quality liner either here or in the UK?

Regards,

Fnergg
    Around this time last year I got butyl liner and underlay in Pond Hobby, it worked out as the cheapest option and close enough to Dublin to not need to have it delivered.
    They're in Richardstown, Ballyboughal, Co. Dublin
    http://www.pondhobby.com/

This time of the year I think they're not open every day, but just phone ahead and someone will meet you there.
    They also do a huge selection of plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

Thanks for that, Rancid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Fnergg wrote: »
    Thanks for that, Rancid.
    Took me about 6 or 7 weeks from starting to dig to filling it up with water and I waited until I had it dug to measure for the liner. By the end of last summer it was teeming with life, millions of daphnia, water slaters, the wonderful rat-tailed maggots and pond snails! The snails came from the tubs and tanks I had previously been growing pond plants in for a few years before.

Good luck with your pond!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

fnergg, did you get your pond liner.yours mal

Advertisement