Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Build log and OC log : IT'S OVER 900!!!

• 01-04-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

Just off the phone with the nice chaps at DHL, and my order from Hardwareversand.de should be delivered today. :D

Intel E8400
    Asus P5Q-E
    8GB OCZ PC8500 Platinum
    Powercolor HD4870 1GB
    Maxtor DiamondMax 22 32MB 500GB
    LG SATA DVD Drive
    Noctua NH-U12P
    Thermalright HR-03 Plus
    2X Scythe S-Flex 1600rpm 120mm
    NesteQ EECS 700 Watt
    Antec 900
    BenQ G2400WD, 24''

Depending on the quality of the onbard P5Q-E's onboard audio and how much space the HR-03 takes up, I may add my X-FI gamer sound card from my old rig.

Also recieved my Logitech G11 keyboard and D-Link N 650 PCI wireless card from Dabs earlier in the week, and a Razer Copperhead mouse from Medusa.

Unfortunatly, the mouse came in green instead of blue and they wont be getting any more blue in stock, so I ordered another from ebay and I'm selling the green one to a mate.

So the OC plan is to get the E8400 to at least 4.0GHz and to push the 4870 as far as it can go with HR-03.

The old Pc, Shiva, may have her guts transfered to a sound insulated MATX case with 2 TB HDD's for use as a file server / HTPC.

Shiva:
    AMD X2 4200+
    Abit NF-M2s
    2GB Corsair PC5300
    XFX 7900GS
    320GB Seagate HDD
    Hiper Type-R 520watt
    Point of View Turbine case
    Ben-Q 19'' monitor

Pics and logs to follow :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Stuff arrived yesterday and I dug in.

Firstly, I was sent a Powercolor HD4870 PCS+ instead of the standard HD4870 1GB , which was just as well, since the HR-03 Plus doesn't fit the 4xxx series. Turns out I needed the HR-03 GT :rolleyes:

The case, as I'm sure most of you are aware of, is a thing of beauty with a bit of a flawed layout. Something tells me I'll need to do a bit of dremeling to provide better cable managment, and while I'm doing that I may paint the inside black and do some cable shortening/lengthening.

I got everything installed last night, but didn't power it up yet so I'm not sure if it will even post yet.

Updates and pics later. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

MOAR !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Pics or GTFO :D

Advertisement