Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

The best strategy appears to be (at least from my experience) is to attack as many towns as possible and only use 1 nerd per building. Plus if you attack late in the evening most attacks will only last ~10 hours and most people wont defend thus you receive maximum gold/elixir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Thanks - I was wondering if it would be better to just set one nerd on every person. I'll give it a try and see.

Not sure about this update though - it's a bit slow or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

I'm only attacking with 1 nerd as well.

You get more gold for attacking the castles rather than houses so try aim for them. Attacking friends is not a good strategy as they have lower gold points so stick to attacking random people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Also check to see what the towns inhabitants are doing. If they are at long tasks chances are you can destroy a house if you allocate a few nerds.
    If you decide to use up all your 5 attacks on one town and the castles are all gone, pick more memorable targets like the pumpkin house. More likely to get a revenge attack then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

I put 1 nerd per house and maximum nerds on every castle I come across to bring it down to a four hour defense time during the day. Late at night I'll bring it down to 6-7 hours. If only a few work it pays off. With over 60 nerds every two hours I don't have the patience to use one nerd on everything as it takes too long with all the load screens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

32000 gold with 3 weeks to go. Will finally complete an update. Not much of a challenge

Made it to the final items this morning and all ive left to go for is more elixir... sigh I was hoping for donuts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Only past 15000
    Must be attacking wrong

Very poor update, haven't seen any new tasks in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

^^ yeah I must be doing something very wrong, Gold is not climbing fast enough and I've followed the advice here.
    Granted maybe you just get unlucky with people stopping your attacks.

Meh either which way, not a stonecutters event!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Nearly worked up to Marge, playing this update slowly! Enjoying it so far, but is there any free donut possibilities around the place? I finished a huge questline for bart and lisa in the stonecutters update, and I got 15 donuts, not to mention many more. Check out my castle set ups: username: danny01605

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone else having really bad lag problems since the last in game update on Android?

The last week or two game driving me mental it was perfect before hand so its not my phone or the specs of the phone.

On Android I've had persistent issues with the game auto refreshing, crashing and I've noticed the lag as well.

Also the game has updated with extra items for purchase in relation to the current event. There's some stuff that requires donuts and others that need elixir. Nothing major, a few items that produce elixir and gold every few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Does anyone know if you can have more than one simpsons account linked up to facebook? My son started playing simpsons on the tablet during the summer and has got me hooked on it this last week or so. Has got my husband playing it on his iphone aswell. However myself and the young lad are disagreeing over who does what and I was thinking of downloading the game to my phone. Can I link up with my facebook friends but with my own separate simpsons game. The version we have on the tablet is linked to my facebook friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭corkie

Edited: Level 44 in game update seems to have fixed the bug!

ANDROID USERS DO NOT UPDATE FROM THE PLAYSTORE!

Since updating the app last night, I can not visit friends without the game crashing nearly every visit.

More people reporting the same on the EA forums: -
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/30/10163642.page
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10163794.page

I tried a fresh reinstall with no luck.

Sorry to my friends that I can not visit at present. I'm still able to use my nerds on random towns.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

corkie wrote: »
    ANDROID USERS DO NOT UPDATE FROM THE PLAYSTORE!

Since updating the app last night, I can not visit friends without the game crashing nearly every visit.

More people reporting the same on the EA forums: -
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/30/10163642.page
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10163794.page

I tried a fresh reinstall with no luck.

Sorry to my friends that I can not visit at present. I'm still able to use my nerds on random towns.

Too late, but at least I have an explanation as to why I can't send any of my nerds on suicide missions.

In Game update to level 44!

Two new friendship(/Frink) points prizes as well.

I think the update fixed the bug I reported earlier.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm only about 1000 gold away from the last (crappy) prize, and annoyed there aren't free donuts for continuing, so I won't be bothering with this whole nerd crap after tomorrow.

Annoying as the whacking day update was in ways, the prizes in that have not been matched by anything else since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'm only at 21,000 so I've a but to go yet. Should finish it easy enough at the pace I'm going though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This update sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Been away for the last 3 weeks, only started the nerd thing on Saturday. Is it worth making the effort for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

keano_afc wrote: »
    Been away for the last 3 weeks, only started the nerd thing on Saturday. Is it worth making the effort for?

IMO no it's not. I had high hopes for this especially after the stonecutters event and so far it's just downright irritating me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm finding the Nerds task very slow, no real incentives to progress with the challenge.

All I seem to be doing is gaining a few nerds, attack a few randomers, and updates for Barbarian homer or the castle don't seem to add any value to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Got all the rewards a few days ago just wondering it wants me to collect another 8000 gold for more elixers just wondering if Anyone has done it and is it worth doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I am enjoying it, it slows down the pace, I just have to log in once a day.
    ddurran

Bloaters at squidport task
    Any idea how to kick it off?

never mind found it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

never mind found it

Where? I haven't hit that yet...

Bloatation Device
    Requires – Level 44 and 99 Luft Word Balloons Pt. 3
    Objective – Build Bloaters at the Squidport
    Objective – Make Database Go for Shakes
    Objective – Make Martin Go for Shakes
    Objective – Make Lisa Go for Shakes

In game update - Level 45 - Artie Ziff

Artie Ziff now in our games. My main characters are earning elixir and won't be free for another 5 and half hours. So can't get into the quests yet.

• Advertisement

Uter the round fat german kid available for 160 donuts

Advertisement