Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

Oo, and:

Starving Buzzard now costs 5 (up from 2) and now has 3 Attack and 2 Health (up from 2 Attack and 1 Health)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I feel the buzzard nerf was a bit over the top to be honest; 2 mana might have been to cheap but 5 mana is on the high side (you're looking at turn 8 to pull a buzzard + unleash) compared to acolyte of pain etc.

Bumping Leeroy 1 mana to avoid faceless + Leeroy + buff simply means you'll do at least 14 and still do the full 20+ with coin; not sure why you'd bother use him in general though over a Reckless Rocketeer or (and by far more common) Argent Commander to be honest. Giving the enemy a way to kill your own minion for 1 damage or 2 damage and getting divine shield? Meh. Thankfully it means I can disenchant my common Leeroy though (got a gold as well) for full dust and get another legendary card!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Wossack wrote: »
    Oo, and:

Starving Buzzard now costs 5 (up from 2) and now has 3 Attack and 2 Health (up from 2 Attack and 1 Health)

Ouch. That really feels like an over-nerf. Hunter as it was in early WoW proving to be a very awkward class for Blizzard to find a place for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Glad to see the back of the hounds combo.

Will probably dust my Leeroy and can always re-craft him in the future if people figure out a way to make him work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Nody wrote: »
    Bumping Leeroy 1 mana to avoid faceless + Leeroy + buff simply means you'll do at least 14 and still do the full 20+ with coin; not sure why you'd bother use him in general though over a Reckless Rocketeer or (and by far more common) Argent Commander to be honest. Giving the enemy a way to kill your own minion for 1 damage or 2 damage and getting divine shield? Meh. Thankfully it means I can disenchant my common Leeroy though (got a gold as well) for full dust and get another legendary card!

I presume the point wasn't to render it completely useless but to reduce the usage a bit.

It's still viable, just not quite as often.

Buzzard + UTH is presumably being brought into line with some of the other classes' draw options?

Things like Lay on Hands and Sprint look distinctly **** in comparison to 5 mana card draw and 2-7 bodies on the board (even if it takes two cards and there's a bit of variance in how many hounds you summon).
    Buzzard also works with other cards (albeit not as efficiently).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gbear wrote: »
    I presume the point wasn't to render it completely useless but to reduce the usage a bit.

It's still viable, just not quite as often.

Buzzard + UTH is presumably being brought into line with some of the other classes' draw options?
    Paladin draw is pretty damn good up to 10 cards for 3 mana or on minion or with self heal, so is Shaman with their mana totem, druid with choice of cards/mana crystals or health or mage with 2 cards for 3 mana, warrior with 5 health heal etc... By making it 5 mana 3/2 you might as well put dust the card and call it a day because there's no way that card draw will work and it is the only class specific card draw for hunters (and as it's a class card it should be better then common pool; the new version is worse as you're better off with an acolyte of pain or the 4/2 draw card when other minions die).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

4 mana on starving buzzard would be better imo

I just got my first duplicate legendary, leeroy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Paladin draw is pretty damn good up to 10 cards for 3 mana or on minion or with self heal, so is Shaman with their mana totem, druid with choice of cards/mana crystals or health or mage with 2 cards for 3 mana, warrior with 5 health heal etc... By making it 5 mana 3/2 you might as well put dust the card and call it a day because there's no way that card draw will work and it is the only class specific card draw for hunters (and as it's a class card it should be better then common pool; the new version is worse as you're better off with an acolyte of pain or the 4/2 draw card when other minions die).

If you're playing that pally card you are forced to play paladin rush which is just not that effective. Shaman mana totem is not even powerful and you will be lucky to draw anymore than 1 card from it.

Buzzard has been op for a long time especially with the new 1 mana spiders making it even more effective. You could make both strong plays and get big card draw in 1 turn, now your choice is 1 or the other. 5 mana for the stats seems excessive though. 4 would be more reasonable.

Not sure I agree with the leeroy nerf either. Miracle rogues were viable but op? Hell no. Not since Nax at least. Shamans can summon up to 6 leeroys in 1 turn :)

Now what about nerfing warlock somehow blizzard? Totally sick of rush nubs who force you to build a strong early counter deck with every class since there are so many of them.

I'll simply leave the word to Trump; hunter will be dead with the change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I feel the buzzard nerf was a bit over the top to be honest; 2 mana might have been to cheap but 5 mana is on the high side (you're looking at turn 8 to pull a buzzard + unleash) compared to acolyte of pain etc.

They will swap Leroy out for Arcane Golem. Not as devastating, but the battle cry at the point where you would use it makes no difference really.

I thought Miracle Rouge was going downhill by itself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Not sure what ranks all of you are but the majority of games at high ranks are locks/hunters. I rarely saw miracle rogues up there but rank 3 is the best I've got so far but I don't play much constructed. That was a 1 day run playing a mage secret deck.

The likes of control warrior is/was far better and more consistent.

Hunter can survive without buzzard + hounds imo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Decided to pick up a 40 pack today to get some more gold cards; ended up getting:

1) Ragnaros
    2) Tinkmaster
    3) Onyxia
    4) Gold Prophet Velen (had normal since before)
    5) Millhouse Manastorm

FB3Qx2.png

Normally I'd expect about 1 / 25 to 1 / 30 packs; 5 of 'em in 40 packs? Yay all praise to RNGJesus!

Expansion announced; Goblins and Gnomes with 120 new cards! Due out in December if I got that correctly.

Nice, I'm still not near a full set of the other ones yet. 200 packs and not even 1 giant yet :D

Love one of the new abilities; mega windfury (may attack FOUR times per turn!) and that's on a 4/8 (so that's 16 damage a turn!) also about 20 cards are revealed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I haven't played in ages, but have they got ridden of the ability to buy the expansion wings with gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

No I think its still an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

From the cards I have seen(20 out of the 120), it looks like they added a ton of random effects. Hopefully they limit that, the more RNG they add, the less ability it requires to play.

• Advertisement

Anyone wrote: »
    From the cards I have seen(20 out of the 120), it looks like they added a ton of random effects. Hopefully they limit that, the more RNG they add, the less ability it requires to play.
    Gnomes and Goblins is by the very definition suppose to be random though; it's their style.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

120 cards is great. It will change the game and that's what we needed. Having said that, Mega windfury is retarded. why do they claim to hate OTK and then create cards like that?!?

Kirby wrote: »
    120 cards is great. It will change the game and that's what we needed. Having said that, Mega windfury is retarded. why do they claim to hate OTK and then create cards like that?!?

Its a summon card, like Thaddius.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

No I think its still an option.

I can't see it on iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Keno wrote: »
    I can't see it on iPad?

I bought them all already so I cant help with that I'm afraid, but I think you need to have unlocked all 9 classes before you can play naxx.

I didn't, was expecting the cost to drop. The gold option is gone for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I didn't, was expecting the cost to drop. The gold option is gone for me too.

How long is it gone as last night they turned off the heroes of the storm shop for awhile as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Its a summon card, like Thaddius.

It has charge and windfury....which means it can attack the moment it comes out. Imagine if you ran feugen into the enemy and thaddius came out....and could attack two or four times immediately.

It's just so silly.

Btw this is among the biggest troll decks you can play but damn it's fun!
    2x Circle of Healing
    2x Silence
    2x Inner FIre
    2x Power Word: Shield
    2x Northsire Cleric
    2x Zombie Chow
    2x Divine Spirit
    2x Ancient Watcher
    2x Crazed Alchemist
    2x Ironbeak Owl
    2x Deathlord
    2x Auchenai Soulpriest
    2x Lightspawn
    2x Spellbreaker
    1x The Beast
    1x Ragnaros

Who would not want a 20/20 with taunt on turn 4? Best I've managed so far is 28/28 :P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    It has charge and windfury....which means it can attack the moment it comes out. Imagine if you ran feugen into the enemy and thaddius came out....and could attack two or four times immediately.

It's just so silly.

You need to have three mechs on the board, plus the six mana 5/4 and they all have to survive to the start of your turn. You've already lost if he spawns, you just don't know it.

Advertisement