Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are wysiwyg tools and seo compatible

• 21-04-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,
    hope this is in the right place. Complete novice here so bear with me. I'm in a situation where I might want a brochure website built asap but necessarily on a shoestring.
    Have been contemplating the online web design tools but am wondering if one was to build such a site can one then optimize it for Google or will Google's tools work with such a site.
    Can do graphic end no problem but need to do content too so am reluctant to start learning code too.
    Appreciate any info, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Technoi wrote: »
    Hi All,
    hope this is in the right place. Complete novice here so bear with me. I'm in a situation where I might want a brochure website built asap but necessarily on a shoestring.
    Have been contemplating the online web design tools but am wondering if one was to build such a site can one then optimize it for Google or will Google's tools work with such a site.
    Can do graphic end no problem but need to do content too so am reluctant to start learning code too.
    Appreciate any info, thanks.

It depends on who is using them. If you're a novice you're probably not going to know how to optomise a site and the software isn't going to tell you how to; however most wysiwyg editors do have the necessary tools to create optomised pages when used properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

For now - don't worry about it.

In the future, you should learn the basics of CSS & HTML and/or work with someone who knows coding properly. (CSS & HTML aren't really difficult though, as they're not programming)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Technoi

Thanks Guys,
    That answered my question. Just wanted to make sure if I went for such software that it could be optimized by me or others. Just takes a bit of the guesswork out of it.
    Cheers!

Advertisement