Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opinions Please!

• 11-04-2010 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

This is my first website and I basically learned everything that had to be learned to create it. Total noob!
    Personally I am happy enough that it seems to be pretty clear and easy to navigate. Not too bad on the eyes.
    But there may well be a lot of stuff wrong that I simply don't realise. It's a basic site with a basic enough purpose. I probably should get the main page filled up a bit (currently nothing there!)

Anyway, good or bad reviews welcome.

www.PackedPockets.com

Thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Hi PackedPockets,

It is lacking in come content on the front page and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a slightly modified template?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hughkane

Needs more blinking text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PackedPockets

donnaille wrote: »
    Hi PackedPockets,

It is lacking in come content on the front page and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a slightly modified template?
    Yes I modified the template. There was 'slides' on the front page. But I really don't think I need them.
    Yeah I know the front page is seriously lacking content too (none!). It is something I will get around to.

It is a joomla site. Forgot to mention that.

I do realise it is a very simple, very basic site. But any help appreciated.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

You definately need something to replace the grey or mix it up. Its like you are waiting for the site to load or something.

Its a tad bland.

Only my 2 cents :)

Thanks yop, appreciated.

I basically have to plan the main page out I suppose. Decide what I want on it, then figure out where it will go, and then modify the template to suit it (or get a new one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

donnaille wrote: »
    Hi PackedPockets,

It is lacking in come content
    It's not that kind of site. :pac:

Ever so slightly added to the main page. Just text but at least it explains what's going on.
    I know it won't be winning prizes but opinions or criticisms welcome! I'm willing to work on it.
    Thanks folks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Ever so slightly added to the main page. Just text but at least it explains what's going on.
    I know it won't be winning prizes but opinions or criticisms welcome! I'm willing to work on it.
    Thanks folks. :)

Hi there! the website's great, well done..i recommend that you add google anylistics to the website so you can track new and existing visitors..
    well done, just a bit of warning:there's some posters here that arn't the most friendlyiest!thy seem to hate me'(their webdesigners too..prob jea'ous!:) ) Anyway, explaining what the websites about is a good idea!well done!try putting a pic of a horse or something!)

Advertisement