Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better?

• 22-09-2007 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I don't have a thorough knowledge of computers and I was wondering which of these laptops is the best?

fz.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭vir7ual

what are you going to be using the laptop for? then people can make better judgement. On quick glance they're nearly similar specs. Same amount of Ram and similar hdd size. Are you going to be playing games or what or just general appliaction use?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If gaming go for the last one, if not go for the second one. The processor is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭BULLER

If you want to play games, the laptop with the 512mb of dedicated memory is a must, the shared memory on the others just won't cut it.

For business or anything else other than games, I'd go with the laptop with the fastest cyp, (Core2 Duo T7200)

Other than that, they ae all very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

Yeah gaming will be the most taxing thing I'll be using it for and I was looking to see what everybody thought was the one with the best combination of graphics card and processor. so the last one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

BULLER wrote:
    If you want to play games, the laptop with the 512mb of dedicated memory is a must, the shared memory on the others just won't cut it.

I don't think that card can use all that memory. It's a marketing gimmick. The card is still better than the others though.

• Advertisement

adamcp wrote:
    Yeah gaming will be the most taxing thing I'll be using it for and I was looking to see what everybody thought was the one with the best combination of graphics card and processor. so the last one?

If that is the case then definitely go for the last one.

Advertisement