Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roll's bigger then your mouth

Options
  • 10-02-2005 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

I have just partook in purchasing a roll that is filled with meat and veg and such roll ingrediants. However, upon opening it I have discovered its collossel size is bigger then my mouth.

I am at a loss as to how to eat it without any of its beautiful filling falling out. Any ideas?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

is it possible for you to temporarily dislocate your jaw much like snakes do in order to fit the collossal roll in your mouth?

if not try squishing it flat with a heavy object

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Eat the contents with a Plasick Fok!!

or

Bash it flat!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ive tried squeezing it down flat, but I lost a tomato in the process and also some chicken.

I also dont want to make too much of a mess around my desk.

I've now lost over half the chicken, two tomato's and some lettece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

its all goin downhill now......
    save yourself forget about me.. <arnie accent> GET TO THE CHOPPER </arnie accent>

• Advertisement

AlcoholicA wrote:
    its all goin downhill now......
    save yourself forget about me.. <arnie accent> GET TO THE CHOPPER </arnie accent>

Well, the roll is gone. Id say about 70% or so of the chicken dropped out and 2 of the 3 tomato's. Also about 4 strips of lettece.

Twas still a good roll, however there was one bad bit of ham in there somewhere that hard a hard part on it.

On the upside I had a Aero Caramel after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

For large rolls, it's easier to make two large bites along its length, thereby reducing its girth at the points where you've taken the bites, then you should be able to insert it into your mouth. If not, repeat the biting along the length motion until the girth is sufficiently small.
    If you make the bites where the split is in the roll, you won't lose any ingredients.

HTH

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

seamus wrote:
    For large rolls, it's easier to make two large bites along its length, thereby reducing its girth at the points where you've taken the bites, then you should be able to insert it into your mouth. If not, repeat the biting along the length motion until the girth is sufficiently small.
    If you make the bites where the split is in the roll, you won't lose any ingredients.

HTH

I believe that's THAT solved then. Good work, that man.

I'd just have left the cling-film on while I was squishing it to mouth-sized proportions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I vote pickarooney for Prime Minister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

weirdos, get a small roll and fill it with chicken and salad. sooo gooood.

• Advertisement

There was both ingrediants you speak of, and more in the roll.

It was massive. And well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

haha
    seamus said girth

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

alternatively cut the roll in half but at a 45 degree angle and then you
    can easily bite into it at the cut end.. while making sure the contents
    dont go all over the place with both hands..

But messy rolls are good.. :)

Forget the salad, get hot spicy chicken with coleslaw, corn and peppers..
    nyom nyom :D

Tox

This time I only got like chicken and lettce in my roll and its even bigger then the one that I had loads of stuff in it.

The stuff is bulging at the side, however the tight packaging has made it flat. Looks kind of odd.

Damn the spar deli lady for making it has such a massive girth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

damn spar in general..with their rip-offs!

Advertisement