Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

cymbaline wrote: »
    The relative silence on it this by mainstream media is curiously deafening IMHO

I'm wondering if they have been asked to try not to spark a panic. The other "pillar banks" are running on shoe strings with all the pay freezes. IT is not something where you can pay freeze without looking at the wider economy and not risk losing the top people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Anyone else due to be paid on the 21st still waiting for it to hit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Clearly none of the major journos have ulster bank accounts :D

I can assure you if the ATM went down in Montrose there'd be uproar!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jcupcake

Trotter wrote: »

Well they are saying on their site "Before" the 21st should be up to date so I wouldn't worry about your payment just disappearing yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep. Me and others posted about this earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 m.kot

My acc and CC balances are up to date, transaction details not posted yet,but amounts are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Ok, I spoke to a small business person ( a florist ).

They ' bank ' with UB.

They now only deal in cash , and said if this carries on past Monday they are taking a holiday and shutting shop. They can't be the only business like this.

The gvmt will be seeing a huge drop in VAT returns this month , they have to .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Tried to link to this boards.ie forum on the Indo surprise, surprise no sign of my comment. What is with mainstream media?

It would appear that UB are either:

a) paying for the best PR ou there, that is, those that are capable of restraining Media reporting of the matter

Or

b) media outlets are in fear of losing UB advertising

Irish hacks fail again, just as they always do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Has anyone tried transferring from savings account to current? Does it show up or is it trapped with the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I can transfer money between accounts without fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nothing yet. 2 weeks behind now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

just transferred a small amount from my current account to my savings account as a test.

the money instantaneously transferred and is showing up as a transaction on my current acc online statement and my savings acc online statement.

but still no transaction history from various withdrawls, lodgments, EFT's etc since the 21st???????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

That's working because the shadow database is involved, when you transfer money between two accounts "in house". The batch processing is what is held up. Those transactions sit on the shadow until the batch transactions replace them, whenever that will be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I don't have an Ulster bank account so I don't know that. I assume that standing orders and direct debits are only back as far as 21st June at the mo, because the batch has to be worked through

Correct.

Plus cheques I lodged post 20th have not shown as cleared.

Because they haven't been keyed yet.

See Post 1426

mhge wrote: »
    Has anyone tried transferring from savings account to current? Does it show up or is it trapped with the rest?

It works.

Thank you. That's me sorted then. My Friday salary is not in but if I access my savings I'm OK.
    Looking into other banks though. Don't like AIB and their fees, BOI is better with fees but I used to have an account with them and left them when I realised that they send you a paper letter in the post when you want to set up new transfer recipient.
    PTSB perhaps?

I wonder if UB will survive this as a business.

Real time transactions affect your available balance immediately.

Real time transactions are
    - Debit card purchases
    - ATM withdrawals
    - Intra account transfers (between current and savings owned by the same individual or in some cases sole to joint and vice versa).

Real time transactions are working fine.

What ain't working are

- Manual lodgments / withdrawals made since June 20. Reason - because they haven't been keyed yet
    - Batch processing since 21 June (i.e. direct debits / standing orders / debits for cheques / electronic credits). Reason - f*ck knows.

Some electronic transfers effected last week have arrived (i.e. people's available balance has increased) but they won't be formally posted to accounts until those post-21 June batches have updated.

just transferred a small amount from my current account to my savings account as a test.

the money instantaneously transferred and is showing up as a transaction on my current acc online statement and my savings acc online statement.

That's because the shadow database is involved. That's still up and running.

but still no transaction history from various withdrawls, lodgments, EFT's etc since the 21st???????

Those transactions are in batch, not on the shadow. The batch is still hampered. EFTs etc never go to shadow

It's all very well saying you don't want to pay transaction charges. Given a choice I'd certainly rather pay quarterly fees and have a working, reliable bank account than put up with this technological disaster and worst of all - repeated lies, corporate spin and cosy media manipulation.

• Advertisement

Geri Male wrote: »
    It's all very well saying you don't want to pay transaction charges. Given a choice I'd certainly rather pay quarterly fees and have a working, reliable bank account than put up with this technological disaster and worst of all - repeated lies, corporate spin and cosy media manipulation.

True, but in AIB you pay those charges for the privilege of banking with an institution which is on par with Anglo in how they used to run their shop. I'd rather take an IT breakdown....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Forgive my ignorance but If I wanted to transfer money from my Ulster Bank account to my AIB account thro online banking will it work?

So I guess my my question is is it only incoming payments that have been affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

booth70 wrote: »

Forgive my ignorance but If I wanted to transfer money from my Ulster Bank account to my AIB account thro online banking will it work?

So I guess my my question is is it only incoming payments that have been affected?

If i was You, i would take the money out from atm, and lodge it into AIB account directly.
    It will not work for larger amounts, due to ATM withdrawal limits.
    If you don't need to do the transfer now, better wait until their system is up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Real time transactions affect your available balance immediately.

Real time transactions are
    - Debit card purchases
    - ATM withdrawals
    - Intra account transfers (between current and savings owned by the same individual or in some cases sole to joint and vice versa).

Real time transactions are working fine.

What ain't working are

- Manual lodgments / withdrawals made since June 20. Reason - because they haven't been keyed yet
    - Batch processing since 21 June (i.e. direct debits / standing orders / debits for cheques / electronic credits). Reason - f*ck knows.

Some electronic transfers effected last week have arrived (i.e. people's available balance has increased) but they won't be formally posted to accounts until those post-21 June batches have updated.

Real time transactions are working fine ? are you saying that card purchases are up to date ? Because mine are not. I have no activity on my account for almost two weeks. It just said on the news that the problem is 10 days old, since when is two weeks 10 days ?

booth70 wrote: »

The money will come out of your Ulster bank account immediately, from the shadow. However, your payment to AIB will go through EFT on a batch queue. You can't instantly send txs to another bank. They all have their own version of the shadow database, but it can't be added to by another bank.
    If someone in AIB used online banking to pay you in Ulster bank, the debit would go through in AIB on the shadow, but would go through EFT, through the batch system to get to your account in Ulster, and be delayed because batch processing is delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I transferred a small amount to cover a MC C/card last week via AIB, will this be processed does anyone know or is this part of the problem?..

I have heard people gossiping that this is part of the banking problem - no cash available, It just goes to show the confidence the man on the street has..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

booth70 wrote:

I arranged some transfers to my BOI account on Monday through my online banking (I gave up trying to get a draft in branch), no change in my UB account and the money hasn't arrived in BOI yet. Who knows when it'll go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

Nice to see that Ulster Bank are still dishing out to the GAA.

One of their officials just presented the 'Man of the Match' to a Donegal player after the game against Tyrone.

She told him he should get his award within a couple of weeks :):)

2qk4u wrote: »
    Real time transactions are working fine ? are you saying that card purchases are up to date ? Because mine are not. I have no activity on my account for almost two weeks. It just said on the news that the problem is 10 days old, since when is two weeks 10 days ?

Card purchases are coming off the available balance immediately but the date and time of the transaction may not be appearing on your Anytime statement / overview.

• Advertisement

Card purchases are coming off the available balance immediately but the date and time of the transaction may not be appearing on your Anytime statement / overview.

They're coming off the shadow immediately (as normal) but the permanent laser postings are being held up by the batch delays

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement