Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car wash damaged car - they won't pay for repairs

• 29-02-2012 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was in a car wash on Snipped a few months ago. The carwash dryer dragged along my roof scraping the paint and took lumps out of my fin.

Snipped and told me to go and get a quote from Volvo that they would pay for the repairs.

Volvo gave me a quote of over €2000 and I brought it back to the garage, they refused to pay, they said that it was way to expensive, they were expecting about €200 max. That is all they are saying they are willing to pay. They said a new fin costs €28 plus the cost of a but of paint. They want me to go somewhere else for the work or just get someone I know to do it.

I refused. I go to Volvo for everything that needs to be done and I'm not going to let some half ased mechanic do the work, Volvo are also refusing to drop the price.

What are my options? Do I have to accept the work from someone other than Volvo?

I can't really afford to just pay for the repairs and then go after them for the money.

Thanks,

Its a 2005 Volvo S40

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

We don't do legal advice, or name and shame.

See a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement