Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booked my Driver Theory Test!

• 22-08-2011 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Finally i booked my DTT for the 30th of August (6:30p.m.) at the Northwood Business Campus, Northwood Crescent, Santry, Dublin 9. I'm 17 and i have never done a driver theory test before. I have the book a cd rom and I'm actually enjoying studying for it but there's so much to learn!! Do you do your test on a computer or what?? What do I need to bring with me?
    After I have passed the Theroy Test i'm going to apply for my learner permit. When I et my learner permit do I have to get lessons from a driving instructor or can my dad teach me and let me drive around for a while (with him in the car)??

Any anwers to these questions would be great and anyone who has done the DTT let me know how you got on and any tips for passing? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Just keep doing the mock exam bit over and over and over and repeat. Seriously.

If the test is still the same (did mine last year) then it's going to be a carbon copy of what's on the cd.

The test is set up the same way. Your photo is taken on the way in and your sat at a pc with 40 odd questions. You can go back and redo a few questions you weren't sure of.

As far as learning. You'll need to adhere to the new rules of x amount of hours with a professional instructor before you can take a test. (Is that in yet?).

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭scottg4life

Hi everyone. I'm doing my Driver theory test today at half six at Northwood Business Campus. I think I'm ready but do you have any last minute advice or tips on how to pass first time succesfully for me??
    It is 40 EURO and i don't want it to go to waste.
    I really want to passthis test first time, but some of my friends who have done it says it's hard?? What do you think of it those of you who have done it?
    P.S I have my passport (I.D.) and the two photos to bring with me so I'm sorted! I will post my results up here when I get home. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Have you studied?!

Just take it slowly and read the question fully as some are trick ones. Like which would be the incorrect road position, that sort.

You can go back over questions. If you did the cd test you'd be well prepared as it's pretty much the same layout!

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I PASSED!! 35 out of 40! So happy! Just filling i the form for he learner permit now!

I passed!!! :D Got 35 out of 40! So happy! Just filling out the learner permit form now!

Done my DTT today in Northwood Business Campus, (Santry) and got 35/40! Was my first time to do it and I am delighted!!
    I have filled out the learner permit form so I will be going down to the Motor Tax Office with tha tomotrrow. Can't wait to drive now.

P.S. Please post how you got on in your DTT or your experiences on learning to drive?? I'm getting my dad to teach me the basics then get lessons! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 zoeenya

Hey im kinda confused, i have the theory test on saturday, and i have the cd and getting 37/38 every time, but it says i have only got through 300 of the 1000 questions. I have also gone through the sections and only get one or two wrong there two. Does this mean I am ready for the test yet, or what. Because I feel like i am being asked the same few questions all the time, and maybe one or two new ones on every mock test I do. Can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AntonK101

Hey, i intend doing my theory test soon, but i only passed it once and i got 36 then on the next one i got 32.. can anyone help me, like which questions to learn that commonly come up? Need advice badly i was hoping do to it soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

AntonK101 wrote: »
    Hey, i intend doing my theory test soon, but i only passed it once and i got 36 then on the next one i got 32.. can anyone help me, like which questions to learn that commonly come up? Need advice badly i was hoping do to it soon..

Go to your local library and take out the CD rom disc. It has all the questions from the test on it. It is interactive, so you can test yourself as you go, You'll be given your score after each mock test. There is no way to just review the questions that come up most commonly. On the day of the real test, the computer will select random questions for you & they can be any of the questions in the category. Your library may have a waiting list for the CD rom. So don't expect to be able to get it on the day you go on.

Advertisement