Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Frenuloplasty?

• 08-10-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey gents, two threads have been locked on this subject this week, one by myself and one by some other chap. I think the subject is deserving of a thread; maybe we weren't approaching it correctly. Anyway, I've made some progress in the past couple of days that I think some people may be interested in. I have - questionably - diagnosed myself with a case of frenulum breve. I'd give it 80% probability through my extensive online research.

Anyways, I went to the GP earlier in the week. He didn't say or do much really. I told him about the research I had done and my thoughts. He proceeded to put the details regarding frenulum breve and frenuloplasty on a referral letter for a urologist. Cost me €20. He told me to call a few of the hospitals around dublin and ask about potential waiting times to see a urologist. Upon doing this, I was told that the waiting time could be anywhere in the region of 1 week to 1 year, depending on the severity of the case; as determined from the referral letter. Having read my referral letter, I fear I may be waiting quite a while!

I stumbled upon a very helpful website from a London based urologist:
    http://www.london-urology.co.uk/frenuloplasty.htm
    At the end of this article, it is suggested that informal medical advice may be given if you send pictures of your problem to the urologist. I emailed last night to garner more details. I received a prompt reply first thing this morning, asking for photographs of my penis erect and flaccid so that the urologist could examine them to see if I may benefit from a frenuloplasty. I intend on doing this presently. Anyways in regard to cost, for anyone thinking of going privately, here is a quote from the email: "The initial consultation, operation including administration of local anaesthetic, (Hospital cost not included in this price around £200.00) and one three month review if needed is £580.00."

Thought this might be helpful to some.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ive approved this thread as you have already done what you should have done in the first instance,ie gone to see your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Breve wrote: »
    Hey gents, two threads have been locked on this subject this week, one by myself and one by some other chap. I think the subject is deserving of a thread; maybe we weren't approaching it correctly. Anyway, I've made some progress in the past couple of days that I think some people may be interested in. I have - questionably - diagnosed myself with a case of frenulum breve. I'd give it 80% probability through my extensive online research.

Anyways, I went to the GP earlier in the week. He didn't say or do much really. I told him about the research I had done and my thoughts. He proceeded to put the details regarding frenulum breve and frenuloplasty on a referral letter for a urologist. Cost me €20. He told me to call a few of the hospitals around dublin and ask about potential waiting times to see a urologist. Upon doing this, I was told that the waiting time could be anywhere in the region of 1 week to 1 year, depending on the severity of the case; as determined from the referral letter. Having read my referral letter, I fear I may be waiting quite a while!

I stumbled upon a very helpful website from a London based urologist:
    http://www.london-urology.co.uk/frenuloplasty.htm
    At the end of this article, it is suggested that informal medical advice may be given if you send pictures of your problem to the urologist. I emailed last night to garner more details. I received a prompt reply first thing this morning, asking for photographs of my penis erect and flaccid so that the urologist could examine them to see if I may benefit from a frenuloplasty. I intend on doing this presently. Anyways in regard to cost, for anyone thinking of going privately, here is a quote from the email: "The initial consultation, operation including administration of local anaesthetic, (Hospital cost not included in this price around £200.00) and one three month review if needed is £580.00."

Thought this might be helpful to some.

Is that link safe for work? Cos the wikipedia entry for frenulum breve is not!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

link seems to be safe !

great advise ,just 2 query's ,what is there waiting period? and b is there secound price 580 including the hospital fees ?

freeeeeee wrote: »
    link seems to be safe !

great advise ,just 2 query's ,what is there waiting period? and b is there secound price 580 including the hospital fees ?
    There's no waiting list. They said they could get me in next week. I won't be doing it with them though, i'm going public. I'm just taking advantage of their good nature for free advice! Yeah, I'm not to sure about the hospital fee; I put the quote up hoping someone else could decipher it. Though it does look like its 780 overall.

freeeeeee wrote: »
    link seems to be safe !

They said there was no waiting period. They could get me in next week if they wanted, though i'm going public. For query b, yeah it's slightly unclear though I think its £780 overall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement