Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

weight loss issue

• 21-09-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi. Im 22, 135lbs and I am having a problem with keeping newly put on weight. I know I have a very fast metabolism but considering what I eat on a daily basis, it just not make sense to be losing weight. I have a huge appetite and consume 2500-3500 calories a day. The weight just falls off me. Is this a health problem and should i be concerned? Friends have said I am lucky but its crap when you try to put up weight and you cant .

Any comments are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

what kind of food are you eating man?? that might give people more information to help you out...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Also, how active are you?

Do you eat plenty of junk food and greasy foods?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

RedXIV wrote: »
    Do you eat plenty of junk food and greasy foods?

There are safer ways of putting on weight than eating junk food... best way to gain weight is to consume more calories than you burn off... and vice versa for losing weight...

just do some research on the best foods to eat to do this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im going to move this thread to the nutrition forum as you will get better and healthier advice for gaining and retaining weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Gallon of milk a day on top of what you ususally eat should sort you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

1. list up your typical day to day intake of food and beverages. Include everything.

2. List up your activities/gym work/sport if you engage in any. Aso list how active you are in general.

3.Read the stickies here and in the fitness forum.

4. Go to your GP just in case of extenuating circumstances eg hyperthyroidism.

5. Eat more calorie dense food - eg 1 litre milk = 600kcals, 100gms nuts = 5-700 kcals, nut butters are ridiculously calorie dense for the amount you can eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

If you're not active and this seems a little out of kilter (like you actually are eating 3000 calories a day and are losing a disproportionate amount of weight) get a doctors opinion. You could have worms/hyperthyroidism etc.

If you've just got a high metabolism I'd second the above. 4 litres of milk a day on top of what you already drink and you'll be right as rain.

Advertisement