Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Doesnt let me install, I assume its because its a paid app?

Works fine for me. Its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,577 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Printershare is one I tried tonight with my Desire and a Brother Laser printer connected to the wireless router in the hall. Allows you to print emails, webpages, pdfs, text messages, pictures etc all directly from the phone.

Works great for me. although it's a paid app (marketenabler required), you can have it search for your printer and send a test page before you buy the premium key so you can make sure it works before you spend any cash.

I also downloaded Radiotime as suggested by above, and can confirm that it picks up and plays all the Dublin/National radio stations as well as the BBCs and loads of others worldwide.

For me having them all in one place was the decider, plus now I can listen to Radio 5 Live's World Cup coverage if I'm out in the car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

I also downloaded Radiotime as suggested by above, and can confirm that it picks up and plays all the Dublin/National radio stations as well as the BBCs and loads of others worldwide.

For me having them all in one place was the decider, plus now I can listen to Radio 5 Live's World Cup coverage if I'm out in the car :)

I take it your phone is rooted/used a UK sim to get radio time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

I cant find Radio Time either lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,577 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I take it your phone is rooted/used a UK sim to get radio time?
    madmoe wrote: »
    I cant find Radio Time either lads....

Sorry lads, yep it's rooted (thanks again to partyatmygaff for his help and patience last month ;))

• Advertisement

Anyone ever used 4shared.com for Andriod apps? Also, is there a way to set an alarm and then turn the phone off fully at night and still have the alarm ring in the morning? Was able to do this no probs with iPhone but on Nexus One it does not seem to be the same........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Also, is there a way to set an alarm and then turn the phone off fully at night and still have the alarm ring in the morning? Was able to do this no probs with iPhone but on Nexus One it does not seem to be the same........
    No. Best thing to do is switch the phone to Airplane Mode at night, which turns off all data and network connections

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

Yep, doing that at the mo but battery still seems to drain a bit, as well......

Have been using Auto Memory Manager the past few days and like it a lot, phone is always snappy and responsive! No need for advanced task killer now so removed it, had been using it since day one!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

ShapeWriter is unbelievably impressive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Quickdesk seems pretty cool. It acts similar to the home button long press (that shows recent apps), but instead it pops up a screen listing apps/bookmarks/widgets etc that you have assigned to it. Pretty handy if you want to quickly switch to something else rather than having to go back to a home screen.
    By default you can lunch it by a double tap of the home button, but I found it handier to launch it from a long press of the search button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

OI wrote: »
    ShapeWriter is unbelievably impressive.

I much prefer Swype.

Also for those with rooted devices look up 'boot changer' for quick easy way to change boot screen animations.
    Anyone into their music should get Gstrings - chromatic tuner. Excellent.

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    I much prefer Swype.

Also for those with rooted devices look up 'boot changer' for quick easy way to change boot screen animations.
    Anyone into their music should get Gstrings - chromatic tuner. Excellent.

I cant find Swype at all?? How does one go about getting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I cant find Swype at all?? How does one go about getting it?

http://www.swypeinc.com/myswype.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Anyone have a link to the polar clock live wallpaper?
    Been looking everywhere and no joy, have it on my laptop as a screensaver and would love the live wallpaper if anyone knows where to find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Can anyone recommend a simple image resize app?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Check out this Super Mario live wallpaper:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=710647

From the same guy that did the Wiimote controller.

chart?cht=qr&chs=170x170&chl=market%3A%2F%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dpname%3Acom.ccpcreations.android.MarioLiveWallpaprer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Just saw this on appbrain, i don't have a meteor account, so can't have a proper look. Anyone want to check and report back??
    Supposedly O2 & Vodafone support coming soon.

Its one thing i miss about the iphone, they had a good O2 app that u could check your remaining txts, minutes etc. I know you can check through the browser, but an app is better...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Gryzor wrote: »
    Just saw this on appbrain, i don't have a meteor account, so can't have a proper look. Anyone want to check and report back??
    Supposedly O2 & Vodafone support coming soon.

Its one thing i miss about the iphone, they had a good O2 app that u could check your remaining txts, minutes etc. I know you can check through the browser, but an app is better...

Excellent! Works great, thanks.

...is it too early to ask for the remaining data in a widget? :pac:

Just spotted it says I have 247 webtexts left when I'm certain I haven't used any this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

On O2 you can just dial *111# to get your remaining minutes, texts, and data. Works on bill pay anyway, not sure about pay as you go.

ceejay wrote: »
    On O2 you can just dial *111# to get your remaining minutes, texts, and data. Works on bill pay anyway, not sure about pay as you go.
    On PAYG on O2, you can use *100# to get remaining credit, *113# to get data used that day. A widget would be nice though

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

• Advertisement

ceejay wrote: »

Never thought of that!! And with Bettercut, u can stick a direct dial shortcut on the homescreen...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

JustinOval wrote: »
    Excellent! Works great, thanks.

...is it too early to ask for the remaining data in a widget? :pac:

Just spotted it says I have 247 webtexts left when I'm certain I haven't used any this month.

hmmmmm, not sure this works. It also said I have 247 webtexts. Also, no mins, texts and no data.
    I uninstalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

yeah same here. it said I had 247 texts left when I have a lot more. I uninstalled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I don't know if it's been said on this thread but I've found out about K-9 as it seems it's going to be my permanent mail app.

Two niggles that annoyed me about the mail apps that came with the desire.

1: I have a Gmail account. But I've a domain name to. I like to send and receive mail from Gmail using my domain name. That works fine on the web but on the phone apps I could only receive using my domain name. When sending I had to use my @gmail.com address. With K-9 you can send using your domain name.

2: I don't have a data plan and that's fine. But with the inbuilt apps I couldn't compose while offline. With K-9 I can compose while offline and it's stored in the Outbox until I come close to my WiFi networks again.

Just released, Kindle for Android :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Are there any decent paid apps worth getting?

Ordered a UK simcard that came today. Popped it in and paid apps were available for purchase, but then I realised there wasn't really anything I wanted to buy.

Are there any decent paid apps worth getting?

Ordered a UK simcard that came today. Popped it in and paid apps were available for purchase, but then I realised there wasn't really anything I wanted to buy.
    Who did you order that off? What address did you use? I tried getting one a few weeks ago from Lebara, but it didn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

28064212 wrote: »
    Who did you order that off? What address did you use? I tried getting one a few weeks ago from Lebara, but it didn't work

Got one from ebay for about €5 off this seller. The seller is actually based in Limerick so shipping was very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Got one from ebay for about €5 off this seller. The seller is actually based in Limerick so shipping was very fast.

Cool, I just bought one myself.

Bit sad that we have to revert to this and they won't just unlock the paid apps here :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

Now that all us Hero's are on 2.1 we can now get 3D Gallery

Amazing app, give it time at the start to load but its just beautiful

Click Here

give the phone a tilt and see how it reacts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement