Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Those Little Things that Annoy You

• 22-10-2007 11:22pm

So, what are those things that annoy you..

For me, one of the ones has to be the fact that I'm a student, but more or less have a full time job (nearly 30hours a week) to pay myself through college. And knowing that people getting the grant probably earn more than I do (when my bills and rent are taken away).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

QUOTE]
    people who put basins in their kitchen sinks and do the washing up in the basin in the sink ,cannot understand it . and the expression "he wanted to have his cake and eat it " why on earth would you want a cake if you couldnt eat it .and that lynx add of the fella who has water gushing out of his under arms until he uses lynx how absolutely disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

badgers, is there any point to them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

longshanks wrote: »

Have you never seen Bill Bailey, man? They exist to teach us black and white can live in harmony!!!

Personally, the much discussed idiots holding up ATM queues piss me the hell off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Being kept waiting by the voice on the phone telling you every 10 seconds that ' your call is important to us and will be answered very soon , please continue to hold ' ,(as we add to your phone bill ) while playing horrifying music over and over again .
    A complaint shared by millions which is no consulation at all ........

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Complete arseholes who care for no one but themselves.

okay it's not a small one but meh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

i can't believe nobody said yore ma yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

When yore ma puts her cold feet on my back .......now that really piss's me off

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Infractions x 2.

Please read the charter before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Bad drivers!!!

On my way to Galway yestday this FKN IDIOT ahead of me in an SO reg 2006 black jetta (if you know him send him on driving lessons) completely endangered lives by acting so impatient whilst driving behind a truck by edging out every 5 seconds on a busy road with traffic coming both ways. Eventually, when it was safe, the kind truck driver moved into the hard shoulder and continued @ 80kph to let us passed and the b*llox in the jetta sped up and then hesitated, sped up agin and then hesistated again. no-one, neither truck driver ahead of him or me behind him knew what he was playing at and eventually the truck had to pull back out into outside lane and so we had to travel along behind him @ 80kph the whole way to galway...of course the WHOLE way the Galway the jetta kept swerving out to see if there was oncoming traffic. As if he had ANY intention of passing the bloody truck even if he was on an empty runway!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Was in Galway yesterday and this complete FOOL smashed into a lovely ford focus for the simple reason he saw me indicate ahead of him to switch lanes and he was behind me and thought he'd be smart and switch lanes before me. I was checking my mirrors (obvoiusly as I saw this going on) He zoomed out without a 2nd thought, trying to get out before me.....completely oblivious to the fact that there was traffic coming from behind him in the lane he was entering and smashed straight into the side of a poor unsuspecting driver of a ford focus - I just hope there wasn't poor kiddies in the car!

rant over - bad drivers annoy me immensly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Bad grammar.

• Advertisement

mods

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

obl wrote: »
    Bad grammar.

My grandpa likes it when YORE "grammar" tickles his nubbin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Fianna Failure...

Particularly "Bertie". To run a small student disco in Athlone GAA club he seems the perfect candidate.. To have him and co runing a country of 4 million people is some sick nightmare that i cant wake up from...

People who litter..

Anti social Skangers..

Bike thieves..

I could go on all night..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

m83 wrote: »
    mods
    People who don't read the charter and then bitch about mods who give them infractions for breaching said charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

How much do you get for yourself over the school year roughly OP? I'm on the grant, and get 6700 for the year. Figure I'll need to spend about 2000-2500 tops, the rest is gravy.

For me, one of the ones has to be the fact that I'm a student, but more or less have a full time job (nearly 30hours a week) to pay myself through college. And knowing that people getting the grant probably earn more than I do (when my bills and rent are taken away).

The grant is 80 eurosish per week while your in college.If your earning less than that for 30 hours report your employer.

Smug fine fáil voters and people who scratch the teflon coating on frying pans,get my goat!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Little things that annoy? Generalisations!
    And knowing that people getting the grant probably earn more than I do (when my bills and rent are taken away).
    Without a scholarship I could not go overseas to USC! And after my bills are paid, there's hardly enough left to eat! I work part-time too!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    The grant is 80 eurosish per week while your in college.If your earning less than that for 30 hours report your employer.

Take this week.. well, not really as its not an average week (i worked something in the region of 30 hours).. but I'll use it as an example. I got paid bout 240, (like i said, this rarely happens, usually it'd be in the region of 140/150) but 90 euro of that went to my rent, 66 euro went to ESB (there's only 3 people in my house, and the other 2 don't know how to cut down on their electricity .. another thing that annoys me) and maybe 30euro on food. So out of my original pay, I had less than 30euro to survive on.

I would move, but I have a year long lease on where I am. Plus I just wouldn't have the time as it would either involve me taking time off college or work, both of which I can't afford to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

longshanks wrote: »
    Of course
    http://weebls-stuff.com/toons/badgers/

Terry wrote: »
    People who don't read the charter and then bitch about mods who give them infractions for breaching said charter.

I never have nor will I ever read a charter, same as the majority of boardsies i'm sure you'll find.

I'm actually totally fine with the infraction, if anything i'm actually quite happy with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I never have nor will I ever read a charter, same as the majority of boardsies i'm sure you'll find.

I'm actually totally fine with the infraction, if anything i'm actually quite happy with it :)

Have another then.

I hate ignorant mother****ers.
    I especially hate ignorant mother****ers who generalise.

yaaay! 2 nil!

Take this week.. well, not really as its not an average week (i worked something in the region of 30 hours).. but I'll use it as an example. I got paid bout 240, (like i said, this rarely happens, usually it'd be in the region of 140/150) but 90 euro of that went to my rent, 66 euro went to ESB (there's only 3 people in my house, and the other 2 don't know how to cut down on their electricity .. another thing that annoys me) and maybe 30euro on food. So out of my original pay, I had less than 30euro to survive on.

I would move, but I have a year long lease on where I am. Plus I just wouldn't have the time as it would either involve me taking time off college or work, both of which I can't afford to do.

Yeah but it isn't like people on the grant don't have these bills, so why begrudge them.
    Your rent is horrendous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ran an AH poll on this way back when (do boardsies read the stickies?), and the results were amusing indeed!

Let's see, other little things that annoy? Oh yes! All these folks who buy SUVs cause they think it fashionable, never drive them offroad, then complain about how much petrol it takes to fill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I hate people who are ignorant to bar staff. I make a point of always being decent but these people who act the c**t all night then after last orders they abuse the staff for closing the bar, then try to chat up the barmaids. They just want to go home and not listen to some twat. Anyone reading this who does this realise who you are and what you do and sort it out to ****. I have often felt like leaping to the honour of some shy female barmaid with some twat giving her a hard time. I have actually done it on a few occasions but I just haven't wanted to bring aggression towards myself. But there are some twats out there.

I also hate politicians saying they are doing or saying something for a particular reason when in actual fact they are doing something for a selfish self obssessed reason and it is so bloody obvious.

Of course I am great.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

People who remortgage their house to buy a car.

Put debt on your only remotely solid asset in order to fund one that depreciates as soon as you take ownership of it. Good financial sense, that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

SUV's.

Why is there such an obsession? Okay, if you're a tradesman/builder/site worker etc, yeah fair enough, but a massive 4 door, 4 wheel drive with a fuel guzzling engine so you can drop 'Lorcan' to school every morning?!

What's wrong with an effin CAR?! Or oohhhh, are you too good for a regular car? GRRRRRRRRR.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

Mosquitoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

People who clap when a plane lands deserve to be tortured in a slow a painful way. Do they applaud the bus driver when he reaches their stop? - I bet not - so why the F**k do they clap like lunatics when the plane lands? Idiots.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

In relation to the grant -- I went to college in Galway for 4 years (I'm from dublin) and the only grant I qualified for was to have my 700 (or whatever it was) fee paid. That's it.
    And I come from a family with four kids & only my dad can work.
    Grants are odd sometimes.

But back on topic - things that annoy me...
    - ants
    - people who don't appear to know that cars come with indicators these days
    - when gum gets stuck to your shoe
    - people who stand so close you when queuing that they're touching you (Seriously personal space people)
    - people picking up baked goods (unwrapped) with their hands and then deciding they don't want that one
    - when you buy clothes & you have them folded with tags out or even if you don't and the person literally rolls them into a ball and puts them in your bag (I've worked in clothes stores and I wouldn't have done that)
    - when you go to the cinema and there's some group who think they're sooooo cool that they feel the need to laugh uber loud over non funny bits - and comment throughout and not about the film
    - non flushed toilets
    - people who don't clean their hair out of the bath/shower
    - ahh those things for ants that have the high frequency? ouch!!
    - symantec web errors of DDR = some number which means I can't view certain threads!

that's all for now lol :)

Advertisement