Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp My Club / Society / Event ('14 / '15)

• 06-08-2013 7:21pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is the thread to pimp your club / society or ask questions about societies in WIT.

All further threads on the matter will be referred to this thread and locked (in certain circumstances, a new thread will be allowed).

Each year the old thread will be locked and put aside with a new thread created for the new college term.

Also, if your Club or Society is holding any event that is open to the public, post the event details here! Student Union events also welcome. See below for the rules regarding posting in this thread.

Rules::
    • If your Club or Society is holding an event, you may only pimp the details in the thread once. Additional posts will be removed and considered spam.
    • If a particular event is attracting a lot of interest or discussion, it will be split into a new thread. Feel free to create a thread on the event itself if you feel it will attract a good bit of discussion on the forum.
    • Any pub/club/event promoter posting here about non-college club/society events will be marked for site wide ban for "Spamming". This thread is not an area for Clubs/Pubs to "pimp their nights"!

(Based on the UCD Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

New WIT society being set up for new Social Science course and any other interested parties!!! Not sure how this section works so I hope this is OK. There is a new course that commenced last year BA Hons Social Science and we are setting up a new society looking at Social/Political Science and social policy issues that effect students and the wider society. Looking for any interest in the student body and to get the word out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sugoo69 wrote: »
    New WIT society being set up for new Social Science course and any other interested parties!!! Not sure how this section works so I hope this is OK. There is a new course that commenced last year BA Hons Social Science and we are setting up a new society looking at Social/Political Science and social policy issues that effect students and the wider society. Looking for any interest in the student body and to get the word out.

What topics ye going to cover? Sounds interesting! Wish it was there when I was in WIT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

WIT's Drama & English Society is now in its second year running! This year we're creating a series of short videos to be uploaded through the medium of YouTube that deal with many topics related to oppression in society, particularly faced by people of the typical age bracket of a college student. The scripts are in the final stages right now, and all we need are people who are excited to take part in it.

In addition, we also do a wider range of activities such as open mic nights, local theatre trips, film nights and poetry groups. Because Drama & English can both cover a large volume of activities, and as a result we're a very suggestions based society, so input of members is encouraged.

Our next meeting is this Wednesday at 5:15 in F04 of the Business Building on Main Campus. All new members are more than welcome to join!
    This meeting will be run as an acting workshop in preparation for the series... no experience is needed!

For any questions in relation to the society, please email us at wit.drama.english.society@gmail.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 samueldw

Is there a list of the clubs\societies? i couldnt find on wit website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

samueldw wrote: »

So for some reason the clubs and societies list don't seem to want to be found with the most recent update on the WIT website :pac: However, if you look at the tabs on the side of the following list you'll see most, if not all, of the sports clubs:

- CLUBS -

Can't seem to get a list for societies at the moment though. I did find a video outlining just a handful of the clubs and societies on offer if you want a small taste of what's on offer however:

It's certainly not anywhere near the whole list though, and there's been many new societies created and some societies disbanded since that video was created. The best way to find out is to just wait until the second week of term when there'll be a clubs and societies day- you'll be able to see every club and society on display and ask them questions and whatnot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

samueldw wrote: »

They'll all be there on the Clubs & Societies day anyway a couple of weeks into the semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 samueldw

Thanks guys! looking forward Soc Day!

Advertisement