Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars that will be worth a fortune in the future.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

CianRyan wrote: »
    Everyone forget the Stratos? Are you serious? :eek:
    It's only one of the most famous rally car of all time.

I've no doubt the proper cars are great but the majority of them are rusty old A-B's.
    Fun in the same way a standard early Golf is but the GTI is the one people will want, ya know?

Ask most people to name a rally car...very few will mention lancia let alone stratos. Lancias don't really rust....well they do, just not to the same extent that was made out by the British media after the recall. They even offered a 6 year anti-rust warranty. You'd hardly offer a warranty if you thought everyone would claim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Dartz wrote: »
    Most 8's end up being left for dead when the motor finally goes. Or broken for parts otherwise. They're common because they're new, but they won't be common in 5 to 10 years.

You may be right about them coming around in a few years but I don't think they got the same following the RX7 has.
    Doesn't mean I don't like them, they're definitely something I'd consider in the future.

Was behind a serious one spitting flames a few weeks back, they're some car for the right people. :)
    Ask most people to name a rally car...very few will mention lancia let alone stratos. Lancias don't really rust....well they do, just not to the same extent that was made out by the British media after the recall. They even offered a 6 year anti-rust warranty. You'd hardly offer a warranty if you thought everyone would claim it.

Well you're probably right about the rust but I'm gonna put that rally theory to test tomorrow. :p
    May be cheating asking at a classic car show though.

I definitely think the Evo's will be worth serious money. Especially the two we came across!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

CianRyan wrote: »
    You may be right about them coming around in a few years but I don't think they got the same following the RX7 has.
    Doesn't mean I don't like them, they're definitely something I'd consider in the future.

Was behind a serious one spitting flames a few weeks back, they're some car for the right people. :)

Well you're probably right about the rust but I'm gonna put that rally theory to test tomorrow. :p
    May be cheating asking at a classic car show though.

I definitely think the Evo's will be worth serious money. Especially the two we came across!

The Evo's already are 30k pounds plus. Im liking this one :pac:
    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C424650

Another car I can see being worth decent money is the Fiat coupe 20v turbo....you can have lots of fun with one of those:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That's pure Itallian stuff right there, remove metal and add price. :p

I think the last of the Boat Tail Alfa Spiders will fetch good money.
    Not as well mad or well handling as an MX-5, awkwardly LHD but they are pretty. :cool:

Advertisement