Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTC Grand Finals for Galway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

zack01 wrote: »
    The statement by Barry Hearn today that no player is bigger than the sport is correct and if Ronnie is genuinely ill than lets hope he gets better in time for Sheffield.
    Do you have a link to that statement by Hearn? Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 martinstacks

I feel your pain, I havnt bothered going now, will go down Sunday instead. I don't think you have much chance of a refund. The usual clause 'players appear circumstances permitting' will be used aplenty no doubt.
    To be honest you will find the exhibition arranged to be a lot of fun and will certainly last longer than a best of 7 featuring O'Sullivan.

Yeah I wasn't going to go but I think i will now. I've only ever seen the snooker on tv and it'll probably never come to galway again so why not? Thats good to hear that the exhibition game will be a bit of fun, Doherty seems like good craic anyway any time I see him on tv...

yeah ye can park anywhere in the college on the weekend. Also on sunday ye could park out on the main roads as no ticket inspector works on sunday!

:pac: go on pac;man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Rumour doing the rounds that Ronnie was boarding a flight to Ireland this morning and wanted to sit beside a friend, a row ensued and he got off the plane. He released a statement through his manager saying that he felt faint and didn't want to fly.

The plot thickens....

Yeah I wasn't going to go but I think i will now. I've only ever seen the snooker on tv and it'll probably never come to galway again so why not? Thats good to hear that the exhibition game will be a bit of fun, Doherty seems like good craic anyway any time I see him on tv...

yeah ye can park anywhere in the college on the weekend. Also on sunday ye could park out on the main roads as no ticket inspector works on sunday!

Ken playing Hector instead of Fergal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Omega28

Hector?! Who is Hector?

I think we should all be getting a refund, this is a joke, anyone else agree? I paid good money to see top competitive snooker

Rumour doing the rounds that Ronnie was boarding a flight to Ireland this morning and wanted to sit beside a friend, a row ensued and he got off the plane. He released a statement through his manager saying that he felt faint and didn't want to fly.

The plot thickens....

Poor performance from Ronnie and I love Ronnie but I'm disgusted, childish behaviour.

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Poor performance from Ronnie and I love Ronnie but I'm disgusted, childish behaviour.

As I said its just a rumour.

He genuinely did suffer from glandular fever last month wheter it's still affecting him only Ronnie and I suppose his doctor can tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Judd Trump just knocked out 4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Thought I might get ticket for a session tomorrow but they seem to be unavailable.

Would they be sold out? or would they be available at the venue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Hector and Doherty was great craic tonight, was disappointed when I heard Ronnie couldn't make it earlier but have to say I really enjoyed the evening, Jones and Higginson was a seven frame good game too

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Hector and Doherty was great craic tonight, was disappointed when I heard Ronnie couldn't make it earlier but have to say I really enjoyed the evening, Jones and Higginson was a seven frame good game too

Anyone got 2 tickets for today's session?

cgpg5 wrote: »

Anyone got 2 tickets for today's session?

Anyone know who's playing tonight's session?

Xiao Guodong v Andrew Higginson

Followed by

Neil Robertson v Joe Perry

Play starts at 6pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I was there on thursday. nice venue, Cool bar onsite too with the very large screen. Was talking to 2 of the players in there. We couldnt get tickets for fri or sat as they were sold out. Pity about that but enjoyed Salthill all the same. Hector is gass as well, funny fella.

Only bad thing was parking, I read someone's post on here about getting clamped. Zero parking for people going to the matches!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I was there on thursday. nice venue, Cool bar onsite too with the very large screen. Was talking to 2 of the players in there. We couldnt get tickets for fri or sat as they were sold out. Pity about that but enjoyed Salthill all the same. Hector is gass as well, funny fella.

Only bad thing was parking, I read someone's post on here about getting clamped. Zero parking for people going to the matches!

Sold out? Watched a few matches on Saturday on TV and the place was fairly empty. Would have liked to have got down to it.

I know, There was signs in the main entrance by the ticket desk saying fri and sat sold out. I asked the guys anyways and was told they were all sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

When I heard Hector was going to be there - I stayed at home. Nuff said!

scholar007 wrote: »
    When I heard Hector was going to be there - I stayed at home. Nuff said!

Well 3 mins of Hector and then hours on end of snooker...no brainer really..

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Volovo

It was great to see world class snooker players in Galway, I was up there for the final but it wasn't a great game IMO. Some of the midweek ones were much more exciting.