Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bathroom nextdoor

Options
  • 22-03-2008 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I have a rented room in a house. The bathroom is next door to my room, nice n' convienient you might say. But no, there is a hidden cost, at night when i try to sleep theres the splish splash as another brown torpedo is launched:eek:

I have to sleep under the pillows...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The kids got dropped off early to school today/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,014 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You have some unlucky roommates if they're getting up that often to take a dump in the middle of the night. Stop serving the extra hot curry after six, perhaps?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I have a rented room in a house. The bathroom is next door to my room, nice n' convienient you might say. But no, there is a hidden cost, at night when i try to sleep theres the splish splash as another brown torpedo is launched:eek:

Why use the bathroom? A toilet is much more hygenic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Bah, I thought this would be about making the most of an ability to spy on your neighbours daughter or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,496 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Well stop sleeping with your ear to glass up against the wall then ;) I've had bedrooms that are right beside the bathroom, and I am just immune to the sounds by now. The only thing that used to really get me was people having showers at 1am, since the power unit was on the opposite side of the wall to right beside where my pillow was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Move your bed to the other side of the room.

Does it wake you up at night? That's one vigourous trip to the toilet if it does :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Just move your bed to the other side of the room, might make it a little less noisy for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

This post has been deleted.

Depends, you have never heard me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I lived in hospital staff residences years ago. My room was on the ground floor directly beneath a room with 3 toilet cubicles, serving approx 30 residents. I was awoken constantly during the night. I asked to be moved, but had to wait 3 months before another room became available!
    Not an option for you, except to move house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

The only thing that used to really get me was people having showers at 1am, since the power unit was on the opposite side of the wall to right beside where my pillow was
    But 1am is the best time for a shower! My sympathies though, that shower was a noisy bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Ear Plugs..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Clingfilm over the rim FTW.

Advertisement