Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New amp suggestions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

beautiful! i have one myself.
    thats the one irwan had in cty yeah? you auditioned for the talent show right?

ahem, i got in!

yeah the one he had, although i had no idea how to work it then! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

i spose the extra speaker is a good deal for only 60 extra. i could swear i saw an fm 212r for 250 or so s/h in waterford...

If you did, off you pop to that guitar emporium, plug in your guitar, go oooh and had the attendant your cash and walk home a happy man :D

yeah! i may make a trip down there. theres one in adlib carlow for 350 or so... i may be tempted... no shipping hassle etc.

ahem, i got in!

yeah the one he had, although i had no idea how to work it then! :D
    oh yeah you went with aine for volcano. but you auditioned something else too? man that show rocked. franz ferdinand/hendrix rocked. but plug in baby was better imho!

• Advertisement

that's another €40 more than Thomann even including shipping though. TBH, I'd wait a couple of weeks to save €40. Use that money to buy some Dean Markley Blue Steels. Mmmm.

yeah but i'd probably end up payin someone that for credit card usage

FFS, €40 to use someone's credit card? Give them a tenner and let them be happy. Have you no mates/parents/relatives with credit cards that they'd let you through something on if you gave them the cash?

me parents dont "trust" the internet for some strange reason.

feylya wrote:
    ...............Have you no mates?.......

Bit Harsh feylya! :D

• Advertisement

me parents dont "trust" the internet for some strange reason.

After this incident with Thomann, I'm already getting pissed off with the internet. I'll just buy myself a nice Prestige Ibanez from Japan and make the world right again.

i could probably get a few euro off the one in adlib cos i spend a crap load of money in there. barry gave me a good price for my new ibanez rg already so i could try

It's worth a shot, definately. If it's within €10 of the Thomann price, including delivery, go for it!

me parents hate the internet as much as i hate zoom craptacular multi effects

Damn hicks....

:D

last summer the feckin 505 went onto "step" by accident in the middle of plug in baby in the talent show in ctyi. ....and nobody noticed...thats how crap the effects are

I had the 505-II. Got some lovely sounds from it.

http://members.boards.ie/feylya/example.zip

yeah the eq section is ok and so are the modulations but its just the whole patch switching system that annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I noticed that in Plug-in Baby. I just didn't want to say anything because you did well anyway. I thought you had a GRX? What model RG you been using?

yeah the eq section is ok and so are the modulations but its just the whole patch switching system that annoys me

I never liked the EQ section tbh. The switching system didn't bother me. I used to just use two distortions and one clean. I had distortion - clean - distortion set up on the thing.

• Advertisement

i still have the grx. but the rg 3 sumtin or other is on the way. its black with sharktooth inlays and all black hardware. like yours except black

at the moment i'm either getting a h&k warp 7 combo, fm212r, line6 spider2 or keepin the old mg100dfx

Keep the MG and save up for a new guitar.

im already gettin a midrange ibanez. i have that just about paid off

i'll post a poll in a new thread i think

I wouldn't consider the RG 300 series midrange tbh. The 570 is mid range in my eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Forgetful are we? Mine is Black! :p

i thought it was green/grey weird fecked up colour?! ah well yours is 270dx? i think mine is the new version of that with better hardware. rg370

• Advertisement

Hmm, maybe it's not too bad so. Decent trem.

Advertisement