Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Pizza delivered, can I sue Pizza Hut?

• 28-01-2014 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi,
    I ordered a chicken pizza from Pizza hut and they gave me a bacon one and I don't eat beef. I returned the bacon pizza but I was very pissed as I accidentaly ate one bacon and it made me sick mentally. can I sue them for the bad time I went through?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Given the highly suspicious nature of this thread, I'm closing it down.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭kevincool

Hi,
    Can someone please suggest some solicitors in Dublin who take up consumer issues? I have ordered a chicken pizza from pizza hut and got a bacon one and I dont eat pork.

No off-topic posting allowed here.

OP - did you contact Pizza Hut about the incorrect pizza? If so, what did they say?

What is your basis for not eating pork?

To be honest, I'd say that you have zero chance of taking any form of legal action here. Mistakes can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Possibly under grounds of religion, you might be successful. Contact any solicitor's firm your comfortable with, obviously you'll be insisting on a senior counsel and a couple of highly experienced junior counsel so the solicitors firm won't matter too much. I would recommend Mapels personally, the firm is a very innovative one.

One advantage of a large firm is you can get a couple of more junior solicitors put on with a partner and/or perhaps a senior associate. Coupled with your team of barristers I predict a settlement of at least a €100 and a voucher if not more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

kevincool wrote: »
    Hi,
    I ordered a chicken pizza from Pizza hut and they gave me a bacon one and I don't eat beef. I returned the bacon pizza but I was very pissed as I accidentaly ate one bacon and it made me sick mentally. can I sue them for the bad time I went through?
    Did you eat a whole bacon?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you're trying to make some claim on religious grounds I suggest you research your own religion first. Halal and kosher rules would forbid buying stuff from a kitchen that handled pork and kosher bans any meat pizzas from existing anyway (dairy+meat). Pizza Hut provide an expert religious witness, case gets laughed out of court, you get left with all the costs.

No sane lawyer would even consider taking on the case.

The absolute best you could hope for is a replacement pizza or two - and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

You want to sue for getting a bacon pizza, but yet you have no issue chowing down on Sheep brain??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83150932&postcount=1

Seriously??? This seems like the type of trolling better suited to AH.

On topic, can you prove you had a bacon pizza and that there was no way you could prove what you ordered and that you could not tell the difference between bacon and chicken toppings, which is a ludicrous suggestion anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

How in blue hells did you not see it was bacon and not chicken. They look very different. Plus beef is not bacon not even from the same animal plus looks completly different. Did Pizza hut correct your order when you made known there mistake because this is what is was

NO MORE OFF-TOPIC / SMART ARSE POSTING

UPDATE - I have started issuing infractions. You'll notice from post #3 that the OP has noticed the error of his beef/pork mixup.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

kevincool wrote: »
    Hi,

Bacon is actually pork not beef.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly, what are you getting at OP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

To be honest, OP, I think no solicitor worth his/her salt would touch your claim.

@kevincool - I'm going to have to close this thread. The level of off-topic posting is taking far too much moderation.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement