Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ibanez JS100 any ideas

Options
  • 05-11-2004 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I was considering buying an Ibanez JS100 or 1000 from music123.com. Anyone know where i could try one out in dublin. Also are they any good the reviews have been mixed regarding them. Currently Playing a Jackson Randy Rhodes Special love the sound, Action and quality of the guitar. Am I going to be going down hill with a JS 100.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Rule No. 1 - Avoid Music 123. Have a look at Ishibashi , it'll cost you the same to get shipped over as 123 but you'll probably get your order sent to you, not to some ****er in Alabama.

There are plenty of other Ibanez's I'd think of before a JS. If you can afford something with a Prestige neck, you won't need to try it out, it'll be gold when it arrives.

However, if you do feel the need to try some, I think Musician Inc in Dublin are the only place who stock Ibanez

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The JS100 is basically a piece of poo. The trem on it is woeful. TBH, I'd rather get a nice Prestige from the good Doctor's web address. Stupidly cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Doctor J wrote:

However, if you do feel the need to try some, I think Musician Inc in Dublin are the only place who stock Ibanez

music maker now stock ibanez too , not many but still worth a check.

i've had no problems with music 123. i ordered a bass from there and got it within a week with no hassle.

maybe just unfortunate luck on your behalf with your missent items doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Eldarin

Thanks guys i checked out that link doc. Now i know its in yen but when i see a figure like 140000 in the price tag i kind of have to go searching for new underwear. I wanted to buy a prestige neck but the green backs are little low because of old saint nick. Think i'll hold of till after christmas to buy it and i think i will just splash out and buy a prestige.

Shazbot wrote:
    i've had no problems with music 123. i ordered a bass from there and got it within a week with no hassle.

maybe just unfortunate luck on your behalf with your missent items doc

Well what I went through was possibly bad luck initially, but from then on it was **** customer service and dealing with people who couldn't give a ****. The thing that annoyed me the most about what I went through was that it could have been sorted at many points if only someone had bothered to do anything about it. That's not bad luck, that's **** staff. I've no doubt they've raised their game a little because I can't see how they'd stay in business if they didn't, but I feel the urge to issue a cautionary tale every time their name is mentioned. I went through two months of torment and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Eldarin, nice one, the Yen thing makes it look scary but then you check the exchange rate... then you check it again... "that can't be right"...

The €1100 over here Aerdyne basses are less than €400 there. Bring it on.
    :D

• Advertisement

yeah i nearly got sick when I saw the Ibanez JEMJ7 (the one steve vai plays) coming up at a little under 1400 bills. You couldn't hold it for 1400 bills in ireland let alone own one.

Oh holy hell they are some guitar. I played one in Boston last year. I nearly cried handing it back.

Hmmm, I couldn't imagine paying over a thousand for a guitar that isn't a custom. Not worth it in my limited experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Generally you can find any guitar for under a grand if you try hard enough. Chris just makes it easy though. :)

A guy I knew had one of the old Blue Flower Jems, twas a work of art. Well worth whatever was being charged for it. Feylya, I'd agree with you, but I'd set the limit at two grand for the custom/production thing. The likes of Ibanez do remarkable guitars between one and two grand.

Well I have 950 at the minute and i'm hoping to starve for the next month. That should get me about 400 bills extra. I think a jem shall be rushing its way to me soon enough. If i don't die from hunger.

Yeah **** the JS100 im getting a JEM.

• Advertisement

Class. We'll need some serious photos here once you get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If ur gettin a JS get the 1000 model, its the best js u can get, Look at the high end RG's and the Jem's The vai jem7v in musician inc. went for 3000 i heard! u get it alot cheaper in music123, got my Rg there with no probs...

Al, you need to check out Ishibashi in the resources thread here :)

Jesus, stop digging up old threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's not that old.

Advertisement