Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Flights - Perth to Cork

• 08-10-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi All,

I know there have been threads on this Christmas flights before but some are years old.

I am looking to go home for xmas (22nd Dec - 6th Jan) or there abouts and im willing to pay $2500 as that is what I have paid in the past with Singapore Airlines.

I know there are cheap flights with KLM and Malaysia airlines but I would prefer to go Singapore Airlines/Qatar/Ethiad.

Has anyone booked recently with a good flying time and got a decent enough deal?
    Ive been trying skyscanner and all those websites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 james2015

niva*sis wrote: »
    Hi All,

I know there have been threads on this Christmas flights before but some are years old.

I am looking to go home for xmas (22nd Dec - 6th Jan) or there abouts and im willing to pay $2500 as that is what I have paid in the past with Singapore Airlines.

I know there are cheap flights with KLM and Malaysia airlines but I would prefer to go Singapore Airlines/Qatar/Ethiad.

Has anyone booked recently with a good flying time and got a decent enough deal?
    Ive been trying skyscanner and all those websites.

You would be lucky to get a decent flight time for that money as its getting close to xmas. I booked in may for those dates and it cost me 2400 with etihad.Try STA travel as they usually are cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,990 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

In my experience (flying Perth-Dublin) Singapore tends to be cheaper than the other majors at Christmastime. I have no idea why this is, but it is. If you can't get the price you want from Singapore, you will need to be lucky to get it from another airline of similar quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

Hi all just a quick updated, the last few days the flights from perth the cork (18th Dec to 5th Jan) were showing up as over 3k but last night I managed to bag one with emirates for 2800 as the prices had dropped.

just incase anyone is wanting to book :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 james2015

You done well, fair play. What is the duration times like?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

@james2015 the travel times are sweet, from what I remember there was 24 hours on the way over and 26 on the way back. some flights were showing as 2700 depending on the days of travel. I was very happy to save 200 bucks. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement